Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Game Design=Grenades In T4 Defense One Shotting Entire Teams.

kultuu

Grenade damage in t4 is ridiculous atm, they are extremely hard to see and theres no visual feedback or proximity warning. and with bad luck can one shot teams......IMHO damage needs to be toned down or some kind of visual feedback added when theres a grenade near the player.

Edited by kultuu

I completely forgot enemies threw grenades in this game. usually I chop their arms off before they can even throw them.

Seems interesting to me.

I'm for : keep the damage but add visual feedback , kinda like in battlefield 3

Edited by Deidaku

after wave 30 in T4 def the grenades are pretty much 1 shotting anyone in range when they hit, if you move away on the very, very rare occasion that you see the grenade being thrown, your in the open with a good number of enemies firing at you, not good for any frame but zephyr that can use turbulence to protect herself.

it really needs more of a visable indicator that someone is throwing, but even then with the masses of enemies its difficult.

the range that enemies can throw grenades seems a bit long too, ive been using banshee and sound quake to hold enemies at range and allow for people with a penta to kill them, it works very well as it holds them all in the same area and allows for max hits per fire without them getting too close.when you spawn in and run to the pod back towards spawn i can hold them at around where the stairs go up to the top level, that range and they can still throw grenades at the pod from there, a bit far maybe

Noob.

There will be two groups of enemies:

1. Those who rush towards pod (these will NEVER throw grenade).

2. Those who hide behind cover and never go near to the pod (these are the grenade throwers).

So, wipe out enemies behind cover first.

Handle the rest with some crowd control.

Edited by mcKentucky

The grenades surely deal tons of damage. However, that wouldn't be the problem if the explosion radius of the grenades wouldn't be gazillion meters big. The center of explosion should deal lots of damage but the further away you are from the blast, the less damage you receive. In any case the explosion radius must be toned down. Also, if you are behind solid cover, you should receive only a small portion of damage or none at all.

Same applies for Grineer Bombards and Napalms.

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol

Lol those are fun as hell xD in a fast moment BAM!! 2 or 3 guys on ur team are down, cant call it bad design, but its not like they are visible, or theres any audio sound warning either.

as for the visual sign u mention... I dont know how that could work... cause when ur surounded by enemies, bullets flying everywere, frames casting powers here and there, its pretty impossible to see anything in this game, much more a visual sign.

Edited by 7grims

as for the visual sign u mention... I dont know how that could work... cause when ur surounded by enemies, bullets flying everywere, frames casting powers here and there, its pretty impossible to see anything in this game, much more a visual sign.

Maybe grenades should have a longer fuse time + proximity visual feedback , that would solve the problem

Lol those are fun as hell xD in a fast moment BAM!! 2 or 3 guys on ur team are down, cant call it bad design, but its not like they are visible, or theres any audio sound warning either.

It's a bad design because of everything combined. And here's a simple thing to do so they can be noticed better.

- add a grenade icon indicating where it is. This is used in many games, including FPS and Uncharted.

- add a glowing light from the grenade itself.

- make the fuse timer longer

- make it go beep beep beep and faster as it's about to explode.

Those are some simple cues that many other games, out of design LOGIC, uses. If something is extremely powerful, a good balanced design (as opposed to bad cheap) will make it very telegraphed.

That's basic stuff in action shooters. If they bothered making Lotus spam "heavy grineer approaching", then they better make obvious cues when ridiculous things like the T4 grenades exist.

Edited by Casardis

I haven't experienced these atomic grenades myself, but I'm going to go ahead and say that our HUD needs to show information about threats like these.

Seriously, DE has done a lot of good work on this latest update, but our UI desperately needs an overhaul if we're ever going to get actual difficulty and not just a bunch of bad "gotcha" pranks.

That's basic stuff in action shooters. If they bothered making Lotus spam "heavy grineer approaching", then they better make obvious cues when ridiculous things like the T4 grenades exist.

Not that im disagreing with you, but bad design is a word I like to reserve for arc traps, not only its bad design, but its also a very bad feature.

Lotus only cares about the big things, not the small things (even if it has enough power to blow up an entire room). 

Enemies having the ability to one-shot the player is long overdue in Warframe, so I'm glad to hear there's something in the game that can do that...

But yes, there needs to be an indicator.  They're just too small to expect the player to be able to see them all the time from wherever they are thrown.

Grenade damage in t4 is ridiculous atm, they are extremely hard to see and theres no visual feedback or proximity warning. and with bad luck can one shot teams......IMHO damage needs to be toned down or some kind of visual feedback added when theres a grenade near the player.

Well, it's not supposed to be Mercury...

Not that im disagreing with you, but bad design is a word I like to reserve for arc traps, not only its bad design, but its also a very bad feature.

Star Wars Republic Commando Proximity Mines mechanism. Crouch to stop the Arc Traps from activating. 

Why not make grenade easier to deal with?

First, let's add a little AoE ring around the grenade that shows the area that will get blown up.

Second, add a little timer on the grenade. Above it, give it a counter that counts until it blows up.

Finally, let us be able to take the grenade out. Maybe by shooting it? I doubt that's at all realistic, so there has to be a way that makes more sense.