Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

In regards to the Kubrows, though they will be a new "shiny" realistically how often will you take them on a mission once you level them to 30. Since they have said they will take the sentinel slot, will you sacrifice your Carrier or Djinn for a Kubrow. I can't see them being no more than a novelty once you get them to level 30, they will be like the so called "armor" that does nothing for your Warframe.

and you know this how? man could you be more negative? ROFL

Only if it was finished in time. 

Also I was curious and did some number crunching. 

This is the longest we have been between major updates (All +Day counts are based from previous date and include the end day in count):

Update 1: 26th OCT 2012
Update 2: 29th OCT 2012 (+3 Days)
Update 3: 30th OCT 2012 (+1 Day)
Update 4: 03rd NOV 2012 (+4 Days)
Update 5: 19th DEC 2012 (+47 Days)
Update 6: 30th JAN 2013 (+43 Days)
Update 7: 18th MAR 2013 (+48 Days)
Update 8: 23rd MAY 2013 (+67 Days)
Update 9: 13th JULY 2013 (+52 Days)
Update 10: 14th SEP 2013 (+64 Days)
Update 11: 21st NOV 2013 (+69 Days)
Update 12: 06th FEB 2014 (+78 Days)
Update 13: 10th APR 2014 (+64 Days)
Update 14: ?????????? (+90 Days and counting)

We know U14 is not tomorrow (Go watch devstream #32 if you don't believe me). Earliest expected release of Update 14 is 16th of July (+98 days) and even this has not been confirmed by DE. Now it does have a few big changes to the game. However I am starting to feel this patch has been build up to much and wont deliver much. Ships and quest will be fun but short lived by vets (in my opinion from what we have seen so far, of course). Kubrows will be interesting based on how the "genetics" are going to work. However I worry on the lack of game-play changes and additions. We will have to wait and see sadly as no one knows. 

Personally I would have preferred focus system or proxy wars over kubrows. Still don't understand why kubrows were pushed up in developer importance over end game content. 

When I said 3 weeks ago that [DE]Drew's comment ("We've still got a fair amount of ground to cover before Update 14, but I'm sure you'll hear more about U14 this week.") meant U14 was a ways off, few people actually listened to me. Here we are three weeks later, and it'll be at least fourth week before U14 comes out.

But yes, this has been the longest between updates, and I knew it'd be a long one because of the sheer amount of stuff going into U14. New UI, new player ships, new warframe, new Quest system, new tileset, new enemy types. When Drew said they had a fair amount of ground to cover, that meant that it wasn't Soon, understandably so. But that's why people shouldn't hype themselves up with their false predictions of "U14 coming this week. U14 has to come next week." Because those people leave disappointed, and then get upset with DE for not releasing the update when that person thought it was going to release.

I'm not expecting the update until the third or fourth full week in July.

lol 90days??

this must be great DE or else... you're loosing old players (includiing me)

PC U14 will coming together alongside with PS4

this in order to fullfill PC/PS4 intregation (perhaps XBOXONE aswell?)

This is the longest we have been between major updates (All +Day counts are based from previous date and include the end day in count):

It takes much longer for them to release a major update with each time, but at the same time their average Hotfix count went up sky-high.

U*-U7 -> 7,53 days between updates/hotfixes

U7-U8 -> 4,64 days between updates/hotfixes

U8-U9 -> 3,77 days between updates/hotfixes

U9-U10 -> 3,16 days between updates/hotfixes

U10-U11 -> 2,85 days between updates/hotfixes

U11-U12 -> 2,62 days between updates/hotfixes

U12-U13 -> 2,59 days between updates/hotfixes

U13-U13.9.1.1 -> 2,50 days between updates/hotfixes

So either they are getting more sloppy everytime and mess up more stuff they've to fix or they get around to fix more stuff that's been broken for an eternity. That's open to interpretion.

Yeah I keep track of that because of:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/203287-in-case-you-are-wondering-when-we-will-be-able-to-hit-mastery-rank-30/#entry2364880

It's my way to measure DE's ongoing ambitions on content creation and they started to slow down ever since U13. Ever since the people arguing about "new cosmetics > new weapons" won.

Edited by MeduSalem

So. yes. There has not been that much time between updates before as theres now between u13 and u14.

But hey... a major UI overhaul. I guess that's a real difficult thing to do.

Patience. Impatience won't have u14 released earlier.

I just hope warframe will run as smooth on my computer as it does now. I hardly ever experience crashes.... the hardware seems to be perfectly compatible with that game. With that huge overhaul, I'm a bit worried.

Anyway - so tomorrow will be 13.9.2 or , what I think, 13.10 , since they said something about "reopening the vaults"... which sounds like... something.

Talking about something: what does it mean? What do they mean by "reopening the vaults"?

We know U14 is not tomorrow (Go watch devstream #32 if you don't believe me). Earliest expected release of Update 14 is 16th of July (+98 days) and even this has not been confirmed by DE. Now it does have a few big changes to the game. However I am starting to feel this patch has been build up to much and wont deliver much. Ships and quest will be fun but short lived by vets (in my opinion from what we have seen so far, of course). Kubrows will be interesting based on how the "genetics" are going to work. However I worry on the lack of game-play changes and additions. We will have to wait and see sadly as no one knows. 

Personally I would have preferred focus system or proxy wars over kubrows. Still don't understand why kubrows were pushed up in developer importance over end game content. 

is summer really that pointless in life?  .........-.

is summer really that pointless in life?  .........-.

If it's so hot and humid outside that you can't breath and feel like you're in a fish tank and you're better off inside with some air conditioners, then yes. ^^

@jennibear This is based off of the previous devstream, they said that Kubrows will not have their own slot but take over one of the Sentinel slots and based on that, unless they change that before U14 and are given their own slot which between you and me they should have, at least for me I'm not giving up that slot to a Kubrow unless they can vacuum like carrier or kill something at long range like a Djinn.   Sorry but i'm too practical to give up a slot just to have a new shiny.

Update day tomorrow!

*fingers crossed for U14*

but not holding my breath only my fingers!

so my fingers will die only!

All your finger crossing won't help :/

They already said on the devstream that u14 won't be ready this week. :(

Proxy wars require the framework they are introducing in u14 (vor's prize) from what I can gather on the programing end it's a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised if it's what is actually holding things up. Either way they made it clear they are laying the foundations for the proxy wars with the update so there is that. For this reason I don't think kubrows were pushed above end game content but they knew how much work it was going to take to get the quest system functional and systemic so they had to provide something maybe a little not as difficult to build but a whole lot more shiny hence kubrows. Don't forget that the next iteration of the dark sectors is also coming.

When you take all that into account the update seems to be more about end game than kubrows actually. That and NUX which also remained a hot topic for a looooong time.

Edited by NevanChambers

All your finger crossing won't help :/

They already said on the devstream that u14 won't be ready this week. :(

Yeah you did not pay  attention what so ever..did you

let me make it clear. He said it won't

>>>>>>>>>>> PROPERLY <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Come out.

Thank you

Update day tomorrow!

*fingers crossed for U14*

but not holding my breath only my fingers!

so my fingers will die only!

Just don't get mad at DE instead of yourself when things turn out exactly as Steve said and U14 doesn't come out tomorrow.

Yeah you did not pay  attention what so ever..did you

let me make it clear. He said it won't

Come out.

Thank you

The irony in this post is painful

9jJO5y2.jpg

Will use your useful post for future needs...

My only issue with this prolonged U14 thing is that we wont see that much content for all this waiting.

What are we getting? Reworked UI ( not game content ), Kubrows ( different kind of sentinels ), some new tile ( reworked Corpus ship ), maybe few weapons and mods, new frame ( that is new content ) and probably addition to PvP.

In my opinion, people will burn all of this in week or two at max. And thats not worth all this waiting.

My only issue with this prolonged U14 thing is that we wont see that much content for all this waiting.

What are we getting? Reworked UI ( not game content ), Kubrows ( different kind of sentinels ), some new tile ( reworked Corpus ship ), maybe few weapons and mods, new frame ( that is new content ) and probably addition to PvP.

In my opinion, people will burn all of this in week or two at max. And thats not worth all this waiting.

That's just the content we know of. And we're not sure of the replayability of some of it.

However, it has been acknowledged that players do more than just tend to burn through content faster than the Devs can make it. I have a feeling that no matter what is added we'll burn through it because we're too eager to get something new.

As for the addition to PvP, if it is done well the first time around (not perfectly, but well) then that can potentially open up a ton of replayability. 

Well... I think that's quite a lot new content :<

Isn't it more than what we got during other updates?