Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gear To Revive Your Sentinel

Mirriky

To go further in depth, it's to allow you to bring them back during long missions (such as survivals) to quickly use their utility (carrier, shade while you res a friend)

They will be taken out just as quickly but I have seen people kill themselves and yell at anyone who tries to revive them, just so they can get their friend back.

Yeah... it sucks having to go 40 minutes without my sentinel in a Survival because I accidentally ran into poison at 5 minutes.

I also hate that they explode when you die now. Those feels when he stayed with my corpse and kept fighting for my sake... ;_; all gone now.

The new infested OSPREYs obliterates Sentinels.   It seems like I'll have to max out Shield/Vital for my Sent now, but something tells me it's not going to matter.  

1 Up.  If no revive, then I think they need an armor buff across the board. 

This has to have been one of the most requested features(in relation to sentinels) since sentinels have been released. You know what happens when a sentinel dies from all the random games I and many other people I know have played? They announce it to much regret, while becoming more annoyed that you cannot revive it without wasting a revive or express anger toward DE because they haven't incorporated means to recover your sentinel in battle.

Why waste platinum on something that can die 20 minutes in?

The new infested OSPREYs obliterates Sentinels.   It seems like I'll have to max out Shield/Vital for my Sent now, but something tells me it's not going to matter.  

1 Up.  If no revive, then I think they need an armor buff across the board. 

ditto just did a infested MD, just took 1 second inside a suicide bomb to kill a fully ranked and modded sentinel.

I agree with the basic complaint, that it's annoying when your sentinel bites the dust. This is a pretty serious problem given that they can be targeted independently, don't share in many beneficial actions, and have very poor defenses.

If I were designing things, I would try this:

1.) Sentinel only takes damage while your shields are down.

2.) Sentinels can be revived by grabbing 100 energy over and above your storage cap.  In other words, if you are full on energy and pick up an energy orb, it goes toward reviving your sentinel if needed. This adds a strategic element since players can decide for themselves how important their sentinel is.

3.) The Regen mod for sentinels changed to be more costly (9-11). Reduces the energy cost of sentinel reviving by 25-75%