Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning Vet. Players And New Ships

Keyse

Personally, I consider myself a vet with my 1010 hours of play and I'm excited about those new ships and personally I want to build it from scratch just like the new players.

But I guess other people just won't appreciate the fun of building your ship from scratch, to have the feeling that you put a some good effort in making the ship a home for your Tenno and possibly Kubrow... guess you can't please everyone.

Just to throw my own opinion on the matter up here;  I'd like to have the ability to play the missions involved, but to neither have anything of the ship locked away, nor to have to listen to any tutorials.

I personally just hate tutorials, always have and always will.  But I won't deny my curiosity at what will occur during that starter questline.

I am going to join the minority here. Umm.. I would like to order 1 ship fully assembled, I'll take that with all the systems running and installed. Oh and if possible purple and neon green. Thanks. Oh and a large fry, to go. :)

when did they state that? and where? and who are "veteran" players? everyone who has played before U14 or some other stupid definition?

The most recent devstream. I can't remember which specific time in the video it was mentioned, though.

And yes, it would be those who played before U14.

The most recent devstream. I can't remember which specific time in the video it was mentioned, though.

And yes, it would be those who played before U14.

Care to find that part of the devstream? Because I can't.

Care to find that part of the devstream? Because I can't.

Devstream 31, at 21:25.

"We're not going to suddenly take away your Foundry, and that sort of thing."

Check for yourself:

Edit: Sorry for not finding it sooner, it was late. If it weren't 1 AM where I was, I would have put the source in my earlier post.

Edited by Corvid

Where are any of you people even getting this "we have to craft the ship modules/time-wall" garbage from? 

If you don't even start with a foundry how are you going to 'craft' ship modules? Ship modules they already said you do quests for and they're auto-installed after you obtain them? Modules that are meant to be used as a progression system for newer players in order to teach them how the game is played? Did any of you actually WATCH the stream? 

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

I really don't know much about the potential grind associated with the new ships... I'm not expecting much of one though.

DE_Steve alluded to getting an old, busted up ship to start with and finding parts to improve it via questing. That sounds fair enough.

My only wishes/laments:

I liked the cabins on the earlier concepts as opposed to the one in the most recent version. This is due to the fact they were larger and led me to hope we might see some future additions (pilots). The cabin on the most recent version is cramped.

We are partnered with the Red Veil... The use the hostage NPC model. That would also have been a nice model to use as a pilot plug-in for one of the consoles in the cabin. 

The original Warframe concept CG had the pilot as our mission controller and It's been something I've wanted ever since.

What's funny about that is that if you added a near silent NPC pilot (5 lines of dialogue) to begin with and added 1 line of dialogue a month to them for a year you'd have one heck of a chatty pilot.

Save the Lotus for the special stuff....

Give me a generic mission controller that mixes light voice talent with a lot of text to point me at and move me around on missions.

The plug-ins I've seen in the devstream are really sterile looking and lacking in either the elegance or grit I'd have hoped to see added.

Of course, all we've seen so far is concept... Who knows what we'll see when it launches.

IMO, vets shouldn't even be given the choice; everyone should start from scratch, regardless of how long they've been playing. Doing otherwise would be giving preferential treatment to players who simply have been playing longer, and that's not really fair to the newer players.

Besides, those of us who have been playing long enough should have no problems blazing through the ship upgrade process (barring time, of course), or have the equipment to make the farming of materials necessary to be trivial at most.

I would like to see the extreme of locking away my entire account and starting from true ground zero just like a new player.  Give me an unranked Excal/Mk1/Lato and let it go from there.  The last quest in getting a functional ship would then be unlocking all my gear so I could resume playing normally.

I don't expect everyone to want that, but I do.

IMO, vets shouldn't even be given the choice; everyone should start from scratch, regardless of how long they've been playing. Doing otherwise would be giving preferential treatment to players who simply have been playing longer, and that's not really fair to the newer players.

Besides, those of us who have been playing long enough should have no problems blazing through the ship upgrade process (barring time, of course), or have the equipment to make the farming of materials necessary to be trivial at most.

^this^

Considering my current situation I'd expect to already own a fully decked out ship. Preferably already made of gold. They will probably want us to spend money to get a ship that look truly luxurious.\

Also, no forced quests. I'll take an option to complete them when I have time, but when you can have 7 rails under attack you just want an option to quickly check if it's time to run any of them yet.

Don't worry gremlin you're gonna uninstall as soon as u14 drops and I can go all Excalibur prime all over your sessions. Very little that gets added in the update will affect you and your rails more negatively than that.

I'm fairly sure you won't be able to get excalibur prime or even his avatar on PS4, prick.

Well first we'd have to see how you even acquire these ships parts to begin with, for all we know each part could be RNG based and ya... you know how that goes.

After reading a couple mposts and remembering what U14 was mostly for, i imagine it's not gonna take long to build a ship, because basically U14 is Tutorial 2.0

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Well first we'd have to see how you even acquire these ships parts to begin with, for all we know each part could be RNG based and ya... you know how that goes.

After reading a couple mposts and remembering what U14 was mostly for, i imagine it's not gonna take long to build a ship, because basically U14 is Tutorial 2.0

Yeah, there's no way it'll take too long to get your Foundry back online, considering new players will need to have it ready and working to build the Seer and Cronus extremely early on.