Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warning To De Regarding Ds 2.0 Pvp

Nimbat

With the revamped Dark Sector conflicts on the horizon DE has to step up their game with balancing big time.

The sooner it happens the better. With such a large chunk of the playerbase that is anti-pvp it needs to be done right from the beginning or it will suffer from terrible reputation for a long time.

The current problems in Conclaves are somewhat acceptable (actually no, they're not) since so few people play there. Reputation matters in the PVP community and the first sign of unbalanced builds people will leave the match. There are people that play fair and there are people that play cheap.

However, when it suddenly turns from an honorable duel into a fight for territorial conquest and purely for the sake of winning - honor and reputation is thrown right out of the window. Nobody will play fair when a prize suddenly show up, in this case claiming a node and it's resources. Some might argue that there's no benefit to this, that it's only about putting down a flag saying "this is ours", but it does matter. Clans and Alliances will go great lenghts and put down alot of effort to become the most powerful.

It would be a shame if it all came down to who uses the cheapest (uncounterable) builds during it's inception and forever labeling PVP as doomed which so many players already claim it to be. Balance before release and not after and you might just convince people that PVP is a great thing.

Current problems for the curious: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243533-things-that-needs-to-be-balanced-before-the-dark-sectors-pvp-comes-out/

Edited by Nimbat

Maybe you PvP vets can enlighten me, but I still don't see how any frame is going to be able to take more than one shot from a Slash + Toxic weapon.

QT+R+Autoblock / Perma Hysteria / Black energy stealthsniper Loki from the top of my head.

QT+R+Autoblock / Perma Hysteria / Black energy stealthsniper Loki from the top of my head.

Any kind of "kill objective" mode will be either Valkyrs come and kill objective, nothing can be done, or black energy loki's killing objective with Snipers or Bows.

It's very simple. This game can have PvP only if it's completely meaningless messing around for fun.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

There will never be balance in PvP when a weapon can crit you for 20k (just to name a random very reachable damage) and the tankiest frames has about 1200hp. We can't even start talking about warframe balance, abilities op etc etc, unless that is "fixed" first.

Edited by EdBazokatone

There will never be balance in PvP when a weapon can crit you for 20k (just to name a random very reachable damage) and the tankiest frames has about 1200hp. We can't even start talking about warframe balance, abilities op etc etc, unless that is "fixed" first.

Yup. Unless DE creates an ENTIRELY separate PvP thing with stats and all. Which they shouldn't to begin with, because the PvE aspect already needs a complete overhaul to put an end to crazy damage and enemy scaling. Which would be a huge time and ressources sink. No need for a second one.^^'

I have never encountered so much hate against PVP in any other game as I have in Warframe. One day you will be in my shoes when Corrupted Lancer nr.5940395 isn't as exciting as it used to be. At that point you either quit or explore what else the game has to offer.

PVP done right provides infinite content that's never the same because you're facing real, thinking opponents. Try helping make PVP better instead of mocking it. It's part of the game and here to stay.

Edited by Nimbat

Did you all miss the fact that you start out unleveled, and it takes a while before you level up once??? Did you all really miss that?

STronger weapons take allot of time to become strong in New PVP.

It takes 30 seconds to level up once, so if you have a 60 point build it will take 30*60 1800 seconds. 

OOOOR 30 minutes.

So ya, those 1 hit kill builds will take a full 30 minutes to make, and i doubt the matches will last that long.

So a perma hysteria valkyr build requires: atleast 30 mod points, so that is 15 minutes before its possible.

DO THE MATH! 

The new PVP mode is very ballance.

Good builds take up to 30 minutes to make

Crap builds can take 5 minutes

but the crap builds will do more damage sooner, the good builds will do a hell of allot of damage, but it will take a loooonggg time.

So the best weapons will not be the weapons that require 60 mod points to use in PVP, it will be the weapons that require 10-20 mod points to be good.

THEORY DUBUNKED! #math

Edited by Feallike

Yup. Unless DE creates an ENTIRELY separate PvP thing with stats and all. Which they shouldn't to begin with, because the PvE aspect already needs a complete overhaul to put an end to crazy damage and enemy scaling. Which would be a huge time and ressources sink. No need for a second one.^^'

They.

Already.

Do.

I really can't fathom how SO many people are ignorant that PvP seperate stats are the standard for many many games that have both PvE and PvP. Seriously, some of you people are so backward I feel like you just got here from 1980.

Sorry about coming off as mean. I'm not ragging on you in particular. It's just really insane how so many people on these forums are new to this.

Edited by SolidSp33d

What they need to do is make it so that conclaves use no mods besides powers*, auras**, and stances.

*Make PvP-specific cooldowns. They say this is MOBA-like, so if it really is, it's gotta have the annoying cooldowns too.

**Debatable. After all, who needs 4v4 matches full of people using Rifle Amp, Steel Charge, Rejuvenation, and Energy Syphon?

With the revamped Dark Sector conflicts on the horizon DE has to step up their game with balancing big time.

The sooner it happens the better. With such a large chunk of the playerbase that is anti-pvp it needs to be done right from the beginning or it will suffer from terrible reputation for a long time.

The current problems in Conclaves are somewhat acceptable (actually no, they're not) since so few people play there. Reputation matters in the PVP community and the first sign of unbalanced builds people will leave the match. There are people that play fair and there are people that play cheap.

However, when it suddenly turns from an honorable duel into a fight for territorial conquest and purely for the sake of winning - honor and reputation is thrown right out of the window. Nobody will play fair when a prize suddenly show up, in this case claiming a node and it's resources. Some might argue that there's no benefit to this, that it's only about putting down a flag saying "this is ours", but it does matter. Clans and Alliances will go great lenghts and put down alot of effort to become the most powerful.

It would be a shame if it all came down to who uses the cheapest (uncounterable) builds during it's inception and forever labeling PVP as doomed which so many players already claim it to be. Balance before release and not after and you might just convince people that PVP is a great thing.

I completely agree there are so many broken things that needs to be balanced before the Dark Sectors PvP comes out.

I made a topic about this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243533-things-that-needs-to-be-balanced-before-the-dark-sectors-pvp-comes-out/

I don't care. If this will make PVP lovers mad then it's a good thing

Not really, im so excited for it, i can't wait. Hell yes i'm gonna use all dirty tricks avaliable. That's why those things needs some balancing before, because once the Dark Sectors PvP comes out, everyone will do whatever it takes to win.

I have never encountered so much hate against PVP in any other game as I have in Warframe. One day you will be in my shoes when Corrupted Lancer nr.5940395 isn't as exciting as it used to be. At that point you either quit or explore what else the game has to offer.

PVP done right provides infinite content that's never the same because you're facing real, thinking opponents. Try helping make PVP better instead of mocking it. It's part of the game and here to stay.

Pve players, you should listen to this man. He knows what he is talking about and is providing legitimate feedback compared to the "pvp is lame and we dont want it in this game" kind of flame that most people put out. as he pointed out, its already in the game and here to stay, so help provide feedback to possibly make it balanced or dont say anything at all