Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

No they will have a reason to NOT go through with the buy. Why would they complete a sale when the player base suddenly DROPS through the floor to 10% of it's prior numbers?

you don't know companies like Perfect World Entertainment very well do you.

It baffles me that people don't understand this. PW has history with buying out other developers. There is no reason that they'd buy less than a controlling share. And as someone mentioned in another thread, they're doing this because of the next-gen versions of the game, and DE has agreed probably because they can't really get all the versions out. This was probably a done deal before DE decided on the Xbox One version, and probably is the real reason that they ultimately decided on it.

I sat under the assumption that DE was going to the Xbox One as another source of revenue, like the PS4.

Although i'm abit sadden that DE would offer up so much of a share in it's company, perhaps it isn't doing as well as i hoped.

I cannot say I have experience with PWE, however I must say that alienating the vocal portion of your player-base doesn't seem like a good idea.  Players = consumers in this case, and why would you want to drive your potential customers away?

I remain hopeful that PWE will not acquire DE, however that hope is a thin and fragile thing.

When NCsoft decided to kill City of Heroes, we fought and fought and fought, but in the end all of our struggles were in vain.  To this day, I will not touch anything associated with NCsoft no matter how good it is supposed to be.  I would hate to think that DE might get a similar reaction.

i would truly hate to see DE tarnish their reputation theyve worked so hard to build in this way but i dont think theyre gaining "new customers" at a rate which would detour them from this course of action, right now what they stand to lose is much more tangible, their current playerbase.

I cannot say I have experience with PWE, however I must say that alienating the vocal portion of your player-base doesn't seem like a good idea.  Players = consumers in this case, and why would you want to drive your potential customers away?

I remain hopeful that PWE will not acquire DE, however that hope is a thin and fragile thing.

When NCsoft decided to kill City of Heroes, we fought and fought and fought, but in the end all of our struggles were in vain.  To this day, I will not touch anything associated with NCsoft no matter how good it is supposed to be.  I would hate to think that DE might get a similar reaction.

I cry with you, brother.

Hope we can keep PWE out of this, Iv heard plenty about them and like everyone keeps saying if they even get close its like a plague, it will just keep spreading until everything's destroyed. However I wont panic until I see the final conclusion but keep your voices heard everyone we need them to realize just how bad letting PWE in is. Hears hoping its just rumors, a hoax, or just PWE taking interest in Warframe. All we can do is voice our opinion, and wait.....

^ Right with you man. Will never touch the WoW clone what's amacallit... Wild Star. Some companies are just turbo death. NCSoft and Perfect World are two.

Edited by Brasten

I sat under the assumption that DE was going to the Xbox One as another source of revenue, like the PS4.

Although i'm abit sadden that DE would offer up so much of a share in it's company, perhaps it isn't doing as well as i hoped.

You think they could handle that on their own? They barely handle PC and PS4. Now we know why they are so confident moving to Xbox One as well.

GUYS

THE MORE WE ABANDON THE GAME

THE MORE REASONS WE GIVE WRETCHED PERFECT WORLD TO BUY DE OUT

WHEN THEY SEE THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS GOING DOWN, DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY'RE THE REASON, THEY CAN AND WILL USE THIS AGAINST DE 

STAND BY OUR GAME

STAND BY DE

GO SHOW 'EM WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A GODDAMN FIGHT.

I'm so sorry for the capslock rage. I really am. I just can't stand it anymore. People, Warframe is on the verge of a mass exodus of players because of a GODDAMN RUMOR. SIT YOUR @SSES DOWN. IF YOU REALLY CARED FOR OR ENJOYED THIS GAME DON'T ABANDON IT OVER SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVEN CONFIRMED BY THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.

It's not a rumor. If it was a simple no would have already been issued.