The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Honestly, I hope PW DOES buy Warframe. Ive loved PW for ages. Been with them for PWs early days, then Jade Dynasty<3 I see no way this could end up bad. More funding for DE, better updates, less bugs due to massive team,more "balance", the list literaly could go on and on.

how dare you...

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

As a non-clanmate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game.

A6LxYYr.jpg?1

Remember this great battle, a large amount of the playerbase should

but to those who dont: During the Gravidus Dillemna Event the Grineer and the Corpus supporters fought against each other for a very long period of time the war was great and even though the Corpus In the end Lost the War they won the Fight for We must be strong on the day we lost and Continue to fight as the Grineer did on that Day, and that is how we Win

Credits to the Original Artist

Edited by Axeroix

Another point: "All Outstanding shares" means all shares.

So Letter13's theory about them only buying a few shares, like 5%? That's down the drain.

All outstanding shares is all unrestricted/floating shares. Not 100% of the shares.

If DE keeps 95% of shares restricted, that means "all outstanding shares" is limited to the unrestricted 5%.

Dear DE.

I hope this is what YOU people want, but what about US? The community, which helped you to become what you are? Over 7 million people... Over 7 million... You are betraying us...  

Remember that [DE] Steve? Where is that Steve we know, you can't be doing this to your community. 

Depends on how many outstanding shares there are.

Typically, if you have just incorporated your business into a Limited company (or even a publicly listed company) you don't then immediately sell shares that amount to a controlling stake.  You keep the controlling stake and sell the rest, or sell "extraordinary" shares which confer no managerial rights, just dividend returns.  There would be no point in going through all the rigmarole of incorporating your company if you were going to give control away, you would just sell it off right to begin with.

It is very unlikely that the owners of DE Ltd have sold more than 49% of their shares, in total, to anyone.  Most likely they have retained at least 51% for themselves and hence won't be ordered around by PW or anyone else.  To do otherwise would be foolish.

That is true. If you were going to put more than 49% of your shares on the market you better off indeed just selling as a whole, and picking up the most lucrative option while doing so.

Honestly, I hope PW DOES buy Warframe. Ive loved PW for ages. Been with them for PWs early days, then Jade Dynasty<3 I see no way this could end up bad. More funding for DE, better updates, less bugs due to massive team,more "balance", the list literaly could go on and on.

I could take 10 hits of BHO and I still don't even think I'd say something that ridiculous.

brb, getting baked

I really wish people would stop saying "don't play! don't buy plat!". That's the BEST way to ensure DE gets bought.

Why? Because a company buys something based on the value of it. If the income PLUNGES and the player base PLUNGES, the value of the company that just lost all that income and customer base PLUNGES, which means it's MUCH cheaper for the people who want to buy it out.

So yes, if you try to fight PW by boycotting DE, you're going to make them easier for PW to buy. Worse, because DE will be facing shortages of income and loss of player base, if anyone on the board WANTED to "tough it out" or "ignore the offer", they CAN'T, because their business is tanking, and if they don't take the offer now, they may never have  a chance to.

If anything, the best way to fight PW is to make warframe SO BIG it cannot be bought. It's how Disney avoided comcast's attempt to buy it--they purposely, rapidly inflated their business, tripling their share value. CC could afford to buy Disney at the stock price it had when they approached it, but at the tripled value, it would cost them more than they could ever hope to make back. Same deal here: We all know PW would kill the game, but we also know they expect some return on investment before it dies, and they're gambling it'll be good. If DE costs more to buy than they could ever hope to gain by killing it, then they have to retract their offer.

All outstanding shares is all unrestricted/floating shares. Not 100% of the shares.

If DE keeps 95% of shares restricted, that means "all outstanding shares" is limited to the unrestricted 5%.

sorry but these are still bad news,they will have 5 percent then trough some  scheme they will get the othet 95%

Dear DE.

I hope this is what YOU people want, but what about US? The community, which helped you to become what you are? Over 7 million people... Over 7 million... You are betraying us...  

Remember that [DE] Steve? Where is that Steve we know, you can't be doing this to your community. 

Somehow, I doubt he's got anything to do with this...

"Symbology Part 1"

My girl changed her last name for some ODD reason a couple of weeks ago......I wonder why............i also smelt a hit of cologne...probably just some guy at one of her meetings.....

"Symbology Part 2"

My girl said we have to have change........and I don't know why....ive given her money ...my love.....food...coffee....i dont get it  T_T...she says im not doin enough for her....at first she was all about me....but im not showing her its all about her too to make her feel better T_T but i felt this whole time I was! i dont get it! Q_Q  this isnt happenninggg

"Symbology" Part 3

She cheated on me! .i spent all my time and money in this chick! FOOD!  SHELTER!  EVERYTHING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- WHY WOULD SHE DO THIS

Stay tuned for Part 4 of.............Symbology

winter is coming.

the end of a Golden Age is  upon us...

Its the beginning of the Dark Age.

In all seriousness If anyone was around for Rusty Hearts and how PW  handled that... you know warframe is going down the drain.

On a serious , i cant believe that they gonna trow up theire freedom after all thoose years of fighting to get independance, it would be just lame as F***

so if they make a deal with them it may not be content related

Edited by Tsoe

Give DE some time to react properly, you don't know who has a say in this and DE surely doesn't want to give a rushed halfbaked answer. A simple yes or no might not be an accurate answer, so a little bit patience can't hurt.

Alright, let's get this really really laser-vector hitscan straight: Corporate DE making the decisions is not Studio DE that develops the game. They are not the same. Steve is not making the decision. Rebecca is not making the decision. Skree is making the decision but not as Skree but rather through advanced modification of the Technocyte virus to permanently crash PW and PWE. cDE =/= sDE

Maybe we should ask ourselfs why DE became DE LTD....

Maybe we should ask DE why they became a LTD company around two weeks ago.

Should we ask if this has something to do with the shi* that is going on here today?