The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

7 more words:

Champions Online

Star Trek Online

Neverwinter Online

Which are all run on a terrible Free2Play system in comparison to Warframe.

Death to PWE!!!!

Edited by Brimir

Seems like PW and that food company had no issues with making a formal statement no?

In the event two companies reach an acquisition agreement, in Canada, they must declare it immediately.  When a company seeks to obtain another by hostile bid, they must issue a public press release when they are ready to make their bid.

I think.  I'm no lawyer, but that's what I was able to dig up.

If PWE is ever involved with this game in any way, I am gone.

Say goodbye to a founder (who still hasn't received his shirt, I'm not even bitter or anything, nope), someone that's purchased every single prime access pack ever, and thrown hundreds of dollars at random platinum purchases over the years. Not even trying to use that as a threat or leverage; It's both a promise and a fact.

Then again, I don't doubt the game would somehow wind up making even more money from people with more dollars than brain cells off of lottery boxes... Too bad the cost would be anything remotely resembling balance or skill-based gameplay. Temporary excalibur prime +1 rentals anyone?

I'll take buying excalibur prime via pieces in lottery boxes over DE giving us PS4 user the middle finger. Absolutely.

I suppose I've been selfish about this whole thing. I need to consider the dev team. The worst thing that can happen right now, is that some people can lose their jobs.

dude,not only a few jobs will be lost,but the whole company and its staff

Signed the petition. But...wow. I never thought i'd see the day. Why though? Why is DE letting PWE purchase them? Is it simply a "PWE Is buying a lot of DE's Stocks." Or is DE out right going to be owned by PWE? If it's the latter, I fear for warframe.

PWE Is a "Bad business" so to speak. Sure, maybe their "games" make money, but the aren't games, they are money grabbing software. And to anyone who says "Why are you so worried about PWE owning the game?" Because PWE is S#&$e when it comes to games.

Lovely example, Blacklight Retribution. PWE controlled when patches could be released even to the point of what was being patched, keeping some things from being patched for months and causing people to leave because it was game breakingly bad. On top of that they have gone back on their word several times in terms of "exclusivity" which is a big deal to many of the warframe players. "Oh, you want your founders pack to be exclusive? Sorry, But we at PWE would make far too much money if we re-released it!" And yes, PWE has said "Get your Exclusive founders packs! Limited time only!" and then just left them out for anyone to purchase.

All I can say, is if you have any control in this DE, Please make sure, with all of your power, that PWE has a little control over what you do with warframe as possible. And be aware, that if PWE is even hinted at having control over anything, your players will start to leave. And I by players I mean the ones who really CARE about the game, the ones who report the bugs, provide good feedback, ect. Sure you'll probably still have a decent player base, of mindless CoD "ur mom" kids, but the game will fade and simply be remembed as "Ah, remember that space ninja game? That was an awesome game before PWE, real shame."

PWE is cancer to F2P games. Yes they make money, they don't make good games, they ruin them. PWE can hold onto some of your stocks yes, but they better have no say in how you operate. None. Period. And we will want to see proof from PWE/DE that states that PWE has no say in any of Warframe, but even then if things start to go south with warframe PWE will be blamed every time. "Servers are down. Dang PWE." or even "Gah, Connectivity issues, Thanks PWE!" or for giggles "Warframe being DDoS again, dang it PWE get your servers fixed."

How hard is it to actually wait on DE to let us know what is going on? So much negative hype, this is madness.

Because by the time they announce such dealings, it will probably only be to announce that the deal has been completed and there's nothing we can do about it.

That's pretty much how most businesses work - they don't give a rip about the community's voice, and we have a right to speak up about this since it jeopardizes the future of a great game we all enjoy.

Edited by Zengar

Well. My words before im going off to sleep and not worry about any of this during asleep. Firstly alot of you people are messing PW with PWE. Seriously get it right already >.> Its Perfect World not PWE. Now that got that over yeah Perfect world is a horrible company wich buy's games wich could give them easy money flow. Wich of warframe is atm. But then thinking that all of the chabbing about the stocks and so forth ( cant be bothered to put all the stuff here so i'll let you all find it yourselves. ) They're propably not buying a porpotion of the company/game or whatever to get full controll. So please stop hassling around and just be patient and wait for a official announcement. Running around like headless chickens arent helping anyone.

But here is 1 great thing to be showed... The power of the community. Many people who are willing to put up for the company. Thats something to be part with and DE should be proud of it as far as i am myself.

So goodnight everyone and best wishes on this matter. =)