Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur; Maybe Needs An Added Bonus

GamingEntity

Excalibur can slash dash through rooms and move decently fast. He can stun[lock] and blind almost anyone he wants. He can cast a web of spears to clear the ground of trash mobs.

His super jump, on the other hand, can leap high into the air. Is it Useful? In certain maps it can be. 

Lets make it more useful!

Have super jump be cast-able mid air. In turn, giving Excalibur a double jump.

Or

Add a bonus backward movement to super jump.

Or

"Make Super jump be able to be cast again only this time Excalibur does a super slam downwards..." -Beas7ie

I'm not going to compare to other frames (neither should you) because the focus is not what the other frames have, it's what Excalbro needs.  If he needs to be mobile, then lets make him more mobile.

In my own opinion, Super Jump feels like it needs to be improved, or re-worded, into a mobile skill.

Why not add the effect of moving backwards fast? Perhaps a dodge mechanic? No need to replace the skill altogether, just add another bonus to the current one. It's possible to have a skill to do two different things.

Why not make Super Jump, on the ground, make Excal move backwards; and in the air have Excal do the normal jump?

But we all one know one thing, Excal needs a slight bonus. I feel that the bonus should be in the field of mobility. He already does enough damage. He already has, probably, one of the best stuns in the game. He has a forward movement and attack, why not add a backwards movement. Lets give him movement across the whole battlefield. 

Questions? Comments? Violent Reactions?

Edited by GamingEntity

I think really all super jump needs is new animations. If i remember right, isn't it pretty much just a burst of energy and then excal just like lifts his legs and arms into a really awkward looking position and you float upwards. Make it more reactive to the environment. Grab ledges, kick off walls, hell, just make it a launch you in the direction you aimed even.

For super jump, that is a good idea but to limit it how about if you cast it mid air it only goes half the distance it normally would?

Well if we are adding more mobility to Excal, why gimp the skill?

I see what you're saying though. Either way is fine. Just having the mechanic of super jumping mid air would add a whole world of mobility.

His super jump, on the other hand, can leap high into the air. Is it Useful? In certain maps it can be. 

Lets make it more useful!

Have super jump be cast-able mid air. In turn, giving Excalibur a double jump.

Yes please! Additionally, I've heard the suggestion that you should be able to mix it with wallrunning in order to get an added vertical or horizontal boost depending what direction you're running. I would really like that.

Also, it would be nice if they removed the 'power in use' delay after casting super jump; I imagine that Slash Dash and Super Jump could make for a decent poor man's Tailwind if it wasn't for that delay period.

They're giving Valkyr unique animations and combos for her ability.

I don't see why Excaliposterboy shouldn't have some as well. Make superjump do a little flip and/or lead to some fun aerial or ground attacks.

Agreed

However

We shouldn't compare to other frames. Comparing gets everyone on their high horse and numbers and theories start flowing out.

No double jump.

Make Super jump be able to be cast again only this time Excalibur does a super slam downwards that does TONS OF DAMAGE!  *think Darius ult*

If he directly hits a nonboss enemy, it is immediately split in half and killed, boss enemies take TONS OF DAMAGE, also a shockwave spreads outward from the impact zone, briefly stunning enemies and making them vulnerable to those fancy finishers for a short time.

No double jump.

Make Super jump be able to be cast again only this time Excalibur does a super slam downwards that does TONS OF DAMAGE!  *think Darius ult*

If he directly hits a nonboss enemy, it is immediately split in half and killed, boss enemies take TONS OF DAMAGE, also a shockwave spreads outward from the impact zone, briefly stunning enemies and making them vulnerable to those fancy finishers for a short time.

So, you want to change super jump into another damage skill?

Why?

I don't think adding more damage to Excal is going to solve the issue. Adding something new or different to Excal, or rather expanding what he has already, is going to get some answers.

That's just one of the changes I would propose and it wouldn't be all about the damage.  The main purpose would be to quickly get back down if you don't want to hang out up in the air and for a a brief radial stun that would also open up the enemies to all those cool finishers that no one really uses.  

Radial Blind could also make everyone vulnerable to the finishers but having both might be OP, and a change like the one I proposed to super jump wouldn't be all that out of the question as after all he is supposed to be "The Swordsman" frame.  

The main thing I would like for him would be some slight buffs to his defenses(shield,HP,Armor) or at least if he's in melee mode and to be able to have a skill that can immediately open up enemies to finishers like Ash can with his teleport or Valkyr with her war shout or whatever it's called.   The buffs to his defenses should be so he can switch to melee and jump into to a bunch of bad guys to cut them up into little pieces and not have to worry about getting instagibbed, running out of stamina, or just getting CC'ed to death.  

Like I said before, he is supposed to be "The Swordsman" so let's make him into one.

Edited by Beas7ie

That's just one of the changes I would propose and it wouldn't be all about the damage.  The main purpose would be to quickly get back down if you don't want to hang out up in the air and for a a brief radial stun that would also open up the enemies to all those cool finishers that no one really uses.  

Radial Blind could also make everyone vulnerable to the finishers but having both might be OP, and a change like the one I proposed to super jump wouldn't be all that out of the question as after all he is supposed to be "The Swordsman" frame.  

-snip-

Like I said before, he is supposed to be "The Swordsman" so let's make him into one.

I agree with your point. I'll add that suggestion to the OP.

My opinion on this is... keep super jump the same when on the ground. When pressed in the air Excalibur slams down at the ground and does 5x the slam damage of the equipped melee and knocks enemies in a radius 3x the radius of the slam attack of the melee.

No double jump.

I don't play League, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about, with "*think Darius ult*". Post a vid or gif to explain yourself.

The rest of what you're saying sounds OP. Instead of massive amounts of damage, I'd like to see at least maybe a knockdown on enemies if you land directly on them. Or perhaps an autofinisher with it's own unique animation per weapon type. Think, Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed, with their aerial take downs. Stab the enemy in the chest then get back to running and jumping. Of course, with something like the Galatine or Hate, that'd be a bit weird.

The main thing I would like for him would be some slight buffs to his defenses(shield,HP,Armor) or at least if he's in melee mode and to be able to have a skill that can immediately open up enemies to finishers like Ash can with his teleport or Valkyr with her war shout or whatever it's called.   The buffs to his defenses should be so he can switch to melee and jump into to a bunch of bad guys to cut them up into little pieces and not have to worry about getting instagibbed, running out of stamina, or just getting CC'ed to death.  

All this post sounds good. I'd love it if my Blind let me do finishers. It'd actually feel right, instead of slicing my tanky enemy's leg while he's rubbing his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play League, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about, with "*think Darius ult*". Post a vid or gif to explain yourself.

The rest of what you're saying sounds OP. Instead of massive amounts of damage, I'd like to see at least maybe a knockdown on enemies if you land directly on them. Or perhaps an autofinisher with it's own unique animation per weapon type. Think, Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed, with their aerial take downs. Stab the enemy in the chest then get back to running and jumping. Of course, with something like the Galatine or Hate, that'd be a bit weird.

All this post sounds good. I'd love it if my Blind let me do finishers. It'd actually feel right, instead of slicing my tanky enemy's leg while he's rubbing his eyes.

This is what I meant by "Darius Ult" 

Basically after you jump, you slam down hard and do TONS OF DAMAGE to the poor sob you hit.  Perhaps make this have it's special finisher with the enemy getting cut vertically in half while nearby enemies are knocked off balance and open to other melee finishers for a few seconds.