Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Is The Big News That's Going To Be Revealed At Gamescon On 15 Aug In Germany?

What is this MOBAframe...

This is the reworked Dark Sector PvP Assault style game mode. Calling it a MOBA is perhaps unfair since to date MOBA is functionally the same as " Death Match with Level Up".

In this mode one side will Attack, the other Defend. As you kill NPC minions and Players you will gain Mod Energy to reactivate the mod on your Warframe and weapons. This is the equivalent to leveling up. Hopefully DE will eventually be able to make that process granular, with mods increasing 1 rank at time instead it just being an all or nothing thing.

Current MOBA come in two forms, Team Death Match (most common) or Domination. For what Warframe is doing, think Chivalry assault style maps, but with an in-play level up.

oh christ... this has actually got me slightly worried.

Don't freak out yet (although most of the board already has). There's no legit info on how in depth it is yet, so worry is pointless.

Realistically, it's just a way for DE to get into the Chinese market in exchange for a share in the profits. DE has been vocal that they are retaining creative rights.

When I look at the little lore we have for the sentients and how they turned tech against the Orokin and put that with the new frame coming out turning the environment against the enemies, it really makes me think we are going to start seeing them come back into play.

Where did you see that?!

AGXI4Vy.gif?1

Anyway : Warframe for Wii U !!

boao2SU.jpg

I know.
Future plans for Warframe and Digital Extremes itself. Probably end of open beta test date, some Warframe story revelations. Possibly crossplay for PC/PS4/XboxOne.
Digital Extremes growing, we can expect everything now.

Judging from past Warframe "big news," it won't be anything that current players care about, even if it's big news for DE. DE once teased big news and eventually that was the PS4 reveal. That didn't give us anything or fix any issues. It's big for DE for financial reasons, but just don't expect it to be anything that will add to the game. A rehaul of the Nexus app to allow playing as a Sentinel from my phone? :P

But it would be great if the announcement was actual game play.