Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How Do Tenno Ships Float Around Planets And Enemy Spaceships Undetected?

SirAuron

-snip-

Next point: You approach an enemy ship (so you actually fly around):

Grineer Tech is S#&$...so they probably don't even have 1940's radar...and Corpus are too busy with profit....while the infested probably don't give much of a damn about scanners.

grineer tech is actually highly advanced, consider the arc traps that are small, contain lots of power, and can detect stealthed players.

the rest is accurate though you didn't need to use eve as a ref, from the sun to the outermost planet is 7,440,000,000miles not even going to bother with total area just inside the plane of the elliptic, which you don't have to stay within. 

finding a needle in an earth sized haystack would be easier than finding a tenno ship that could be anywhere

Edited by DeadX65

grineer tech is actually highly advanced, consider the arc traps that are small, contain lots of power, and can detect stealthed players.

I get kind of an imperium of man vibe from the grineer, like they have advanced technology but they don't really understand it

That would be a more glaring question once someone paints their ship bright yellow and flies to Ceres. 

And if the enemies do not react to that, then there is another question: How the hell did they pass their army exams?

Edited by Renegade343

I don't think enemies stupid enough to walk into fires and run past a team of space ninjas to activate a alarm would be capable of recognizing our ships when they see them.

A bright yellow unidentified ship against the brown sky flying near the Grineer shipyard should raise a few eyebrows somehow. 

it can be hard noticing a single small ship in space (its smaller then some grineer/corpus ship rooms) and you naturally have a scrambler to avoid space radar.

I mean at the planet's surface. Surely some worker is going to look up and notice the ship.

Becasue...

Stealth_poster.jpg

Need any other reason. They usually get refereed to as stealth ships so they just are.

Who knows maybe in the future there will be a quest where your ship falls into a trap and gets detected...

I am 100% against this.

I find absolutely no redeeming factor for doing this.

Other then gong blind from playing warframe, (seriously we got past that awhile ago back when i had to close my eyes any time i pressed 4.

So yeah no.

Because reapers have not arrived... yet.

That's exactly what we need, some ancient long forgotten species comes back and begins destroying Grineer and Corpus settlements left and right, so everyone has to band together to fight them (probably have them occupy their own planet once they're beaten back).  Would be a great event to introduce a new faction.

I get kind of an imperium of man vibe from the grineer, like they have advanced technology but they don't really understand it

I think they understand it fine but have absolutely zero F****s to give about the aesthetics, making things look cruder than they are.

That's exactly what we need, some ancient long forgotten species comes back and begins destroying Grineer and Corpus settlements left and right, so everyone has to band together to fight them (probably have them occupy their own planet once they're beaten back).  Would be a great event to introduce a new faction.

The Sentients are coming :)

Well the SR-71 Blackbird is a stealth bomber and its not invisible. A combination of radar jamming and/or sensor absorption would render you invisible to most craft.

Note that not all ships have a glass window on the front. Sometimes its a screen pretending to be a window.

I am 100% against this.

Other then gong blind from playing warframe, (seriously we got past that awhile ago back when i had to close my eyes any time i pressed 4.

So yeah no.

So you in the right thread?

I am 100% against this.

So yeah no.

I hear it's amazing when the purple-stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw-blink on hari-kiri rock

The size/distance ratio of the stealth ship would make it too late to notice, especially with it's color, and if so the Tenno has likely found a blind spot to fly under. Electronic countermeasures bouncing back false signals is quite realistic, so just combining the two makes it good enough. On planets? Well, we've already have our stealth bomber mentioned.

A stealth system that blends the ship in with the environment would likely use energy, and fluxes attached to a grineer ship is more then likely to set off a few alarms with the maintenance crew. At a distance, this would be viable with energy fluxes being normal in space especially with this setting, but we probably wouldn't see it since we only see the ship taking off at close range. Anything else may be unnecessary rendering--unless they wanted the ship to do a cool blend-out in the completion scene.

Mass Effect was good with this explanation. The stealth system they used didn't make them invisible only made it so the ship showed no signs of exhaust or heat on enemy tracking systems. So if a grineer looked out a window, maybe they'd see a tiny ship, but that's just not viable. Of course if you were a Geth, "structural weakness."  

Mass Effect was good with this explanation. The stealth system they used didn't make them invisible only made it so the ship showed no signs of exhaust or heat on enemy tracking systems. So if a grineer looked out a window, maybe they'd see a tiny ship, but that's just not viable. Of course if you were a Geth, "structural weakness."  

Sounds interesting...