Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is Melee 2.0 Cosmetic?

darkone96

Melee is still unviable when it compares to guns. The combos are useless and really don't add much to the gameplay since all the enemies die very easily anyways and have poor AI (the new grinder melee enemies are a joke). They're just there for the "completionists". Melee 2.0 was a big letdown to me. I honestly thought they would IMPROVE the gameplay, but no, everything is just as useless as always and locked behind RNG/ grind.

Melee 2.0 was exactly what they set out for it to be, it buffed melee weapons and now they are viable. 

I'm talking more about the combos/stances. They don't add anything. There is no need for "far reaching combos" when you can just mash E.

They might have added a bit more damage, but it's still a joke.

yes it not as effective as a gun but guns have range while melee is i would say much more useful at close range and allows you to attack if you come up to a reload as a melee unit charges you

I'm talking more about the combos/stances. They don't add anything. There is no need for "far reaching combos" when you can just mash E.

There is really no game were the combos are needed though (Exclude PvP fighting games of course) in a PvE game the combos are there if the player wants them to be nothing more, the same can be said about gun if you want to use the Boltor prime you can but it is not needed you can do every mission in the game with a modded Braton.

melee 2.0 was generally a nerf to melee, unless we are talking about melees that got stat buffs, the combos got to be NOTHING, if you dont equip the weapon, or if you don't get a stance thats locked behind an RNG wall you will do the same 2 or 1 hits over and over again, the only thing that really improved melee was channeling and all of the channel related mods, but even THAT is locked behind the melee equipping feature, so in general, unless you want to give up using ranged weapons, or unless you don't mind constantly having to switch weapons, melee got nerfed for you in melee 2.0

Melee is only viable with Loki or Ash. Melee really needs a damage buff or channeling buff. I think melee should deal more damage than guns since you have to be close enough to hit.

Personally, I think the channeling mods needs a buff. The higher cost of energy is not worth it for those channeling mods. The only good channeling mod is the life steal one. They should include more mods that increase channeling efficiency but reduce other other stuff like crit chance to make them more similar to corrupted mods.

-removed charge attacks

-worthless combos

-still no air attacks

-melee attacks still wrestle control over your movement away from you

-melee and movement use the same stamina, meaning going fast cuts into your ability to melee and vice-versa

Yeah, melee is still useless. I have my amphis for fast, nothing else is worth looking into compared to guns.

melee 2.0 was generally a nerf to melee, unless we are talking about melees that got stat buffs, the combos got to be NOTHING, if you dont equip the weapon, or if you don't get a stance thats locked behind an RNG wall you will do the same 2 or 1 hits over and over again, the only thing that really improved melee was channeling and all of the channel related mods, but even THAT is locked behind the melee equipping feature, so in general, unless you want to give up using ranged weapons, or unless you don't mind constantly having to switch weapons, melee got nerfed for you in melee 2.0

i like that at least the dual zorens unequipped slap the enemy so fast it gets stunlocked, so it has a liiiiittle bit of usefulness, but that doesn't require a stance to do.

only stance i've found useful is orthos due to the horizontal strikes which allows me to mow down (but i can just spinattack)

Melee 2.0 could easily become viable if they increased the damage of certain moves and broke up combo chains, allowing players to choose the specific move they want at any given time, and chain it to whatever the next move that they want is. combining stances and adding air attacks/knockups would also help. 

As for the OP, completely agree.

Edited by Jamescell

My point is that stance mods are stupid. Sorry for being blunt, but it's the truth. They're completely useless and unviable. 

This is so false it makes my head hurt:

Crimson dervish, shattering storm and crushing ruin do so much more extra damage that you won't even come close to their damage output if you go stanceless.

Crushing ruin also give jat kittag massive maneuverability and a crazy amount of sweeping and a ridiculous knockdown range on the last hit, same with brutal tide for obex.

Some of the stances might seem superfluous, but on the other side there are plenty that improve the weapon a fuckton.

Well i really like melee 2.0 since i slice through large groups of lv 20-30 infested like they are nothing with my dual ethers(i do dark sector survival regularly now for practice). I do think the stance mods need alot more imaginative  combos rather then all E. Plus some of the animations are a bit fun to watch.

Edited by warpath514