Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ordis Doesn't Shut Up, Omg

Zachles

I got my Kubrow earlier today, and I hatched him and everything.

Since then, every time I log into the game, or I get back to my ship after a mission, Ordis talks S#&$ about my Kubrow. He says the same thing every single time, and I enjoyed it at first. He gives the ship personality, and I think it's great, but I'd like him to be quiet.

This is obviously a bug, and I'm concerned that if it doesn't get addressed, he will do this until the end of time.

I

Imagine a conversation between Ordis and Claptrap

I'd like to keep my mind intact, thank you.

But really, the ship's AI is painful after a mission or two. Makes you really wish for that option to let the guy self-destruct...

Speaking of which why is there no White&Gold in this "orokin ship"? It looks more corpus than orokin, In my opinion.

At first Ordis sounded like a nice addition... But honestly, after a few hours I'm at the point where I'd rather stick the entire ship on autopilot to the sun, rather than hear Ordis say the Kubrow quest VO's one more time.

"Fantastic... it's hatching. Ordis will reroute power to filtration systems."
"Do not be taken by its adorable appearance. It means to leak and smear all over my pristine insides."
"Look, what an odd little nose it has. Well, I suppose there are worse things."

It wouldn't be bad if those lines occured only once, but sadly they keep repeating on login and after every single mission.

At first Ordis sounded like a nice addition... But honestly, after a few hours I'm at the point where I'd rather stick the entire ship on autopilot to the sun, rather than hear Ordis say the Kubrow quest VO's one more time.

"Fantastic... it's hatching. Ordis will reroute power to filtration systems."

"Do not be taken by its adorable appearance. It means to leak and smear all over my pristine insides."

"Look, what an odd little nose it has. Well, I suppose there are worse things."

It wouldn't be bad if those lines occured only once, but sadly they keep repeating on login and after every single mission.

Happens to me also, when it was an egg and I had no power core and it wasn't incubating yet it said those lines, when I got power core and it was incubating it said those lines, after it incubated and turned into a puppy it said those lines.

Lotus' quest messages have a similar problem, after each login/mission she tells me to make the mirage helmet, I don't have the resources to do so, that's why I'm running missions to get them, both need some gating mechanism to reduce the number of times they trigger.

And she keeps telling me to construct it after it has started construction, it will take 12h to build without rushing it, am I supposed to listen to her telling me to make it every time I return to the ship for the next 12h?

Ordis doesn't seem to have any generic greeting messages either, or does the lotus quest message override those? "Welcome back operator" or similar would be nice, would need a very long list of messages I guess for them not to get grating if they play each time you log-in.

Edited by KriLL3

There are definitely some bugs that need to be worked out with the repetitiveness of some of Ordis' and Lotus' lines in the ship.  Rest assured we will get to them.

I thought his was acting the proper way.... since he IS buggy and all.

Ordis does get very repetitive.  My hope for him is that there will be an option to stop his audio from going off every time you're in you ship, it's fine if the dialogue is there of course but his audio gets old.  Spicing it up with more comments and quirks with his voice-over would help, but not solve the issue.

He's definitely a part of Warframe that I could see having an update almost every week with new lines, etc.  Now THAT would be a tremendously cool addition to any game.

~Tenno out.