Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

Ok how would you respobd then to defectors from Corpus Clergy?

In other words those who;

1) Study Void and figure out how to replicate artefacts.

2) Warframe obsessed.

3) Makes all the nice tenno-powers for the Corpus.

These are the closest thing warframe have to a Wizard or Sorcerer.

This is of course my very personal concept, in wait for official word on the Temples and Corpus faith.

In all the honesty, getting a good AI would involve lots of hand-crafted paths and interactions for that AI. And I don't exactly see DE implementing AI features they can't use on all maps like a blanket-patch.

Also, corpus are AM pretty much, all their research and "advancements" of late can be described as "ooh, so that's how this thousand-years-old orokin tech works". I imagine it's more of "found this rare blueprint first" than "learned how to build this".

I recall DE saying that corpus worship the tech they don't understand, so we can assume that most advanced and kept secret among corpus is secret of replicating orokin blueprings, and maybe understanding a part of them (like, making a connection between frosts' snow globe to whatever frost systems create it). And seeing how it's ubiquitous now, it's done by corporations themselves, not by defectors.

Although I might be reading your message wrong.

Edited by GTG3000

Well, if I red the OP well, everyone who leaves corpus, either before indoctrination, or after something shaken them out of it, is already said to join Vandals automatically. I imagine if there is some cast of corpus that has more to do with researching the subject matter than trying to dig it up and sell it in the name of profit, is doing pretty much same within Vandals. Maybe instead searching for ways to create makeshift weapons? 

Would be funny if baseline corpus people (assuming they aren't an overtaken free colony) no less than require a researcher to point out that a huge cutting saw can cut heads off as easily as it cuts hulls.

Man there's a lot of stuff to reply too.

@Goatasty

I'm a bit confused by all the recent criticism this thread has had to endure lately. Maybe that is due to some not-so-legible text that is being thrown around. I do think that any good idea that challenges the current format of gameplay will come under fire from serious fans of the existing game. But I think this idea is genius.

Gamers all over this forum are asking for more. More game mechanics, more bullets, more blades. But I think what every player really wants from this game is more meaning. I believe this is true for most games, but especially this type of game because you are spending a lot of time grinding down enemies. Personally I find some aspects of this game boring because they are repetitive. I would love to see some more meaning and depth to the reasons why you are killing so many things. And some better mechanics when it comes to capture and rescue missions.

I'm all for this stuff here. I understand that not all of it will make it into the game in the end. But I think the core of it it necessary as it will satisfy everyone's desires. We need more meaning to the missions. We need a story to do that and we need more engaging characters to show us the story.

There's my rant. I'll just get back to painting now. Cept I wanna paint something new. I will come back to the Ghosts but I want to get into more of this story.

I'm seriously thinking about quoting that in the OP, cause behind all the talk about new game play, mechanics, and factions, bringing meaning and substance to the game is what this concept is all about, something that I honestly think no amount of new Warframes, guns, swords, or even enemies can really do adequately.

@emaralez87

I'm not really sure how to answer your concerns, fact is at this point I've really laid out the basis for most of the concept factions, basic description, possible units, etc. I'm starting to move on to trying to develop their actual deeper underlying motives and stories, mainly through the main characters representing them, so I'm sorry if it's sounding like a 'lore-project' at the moment but I really want to develop these characters into persons we can actually come to understand and relate to.

@IceDragonofAmber

I like the idea of the hacker, but I think you need to rework it to be simpler, Warframe is an incredibly face paced game and 95% of the enemies you meet are dead the second you lay your eyes on them, no one is going to wait 5-10 seconds for the hacker to do his job the way you describe it. Maybe if he just occasionally hacked and seized control of enemy proxies similar to Nyx's mind control (but permanent) he would work better.

@the discussion about the Corpus and role of women

I really don't have a strong opinion on this, though I would think if their is some sort of predefined role that women are suppose to have in Corpus society it would give reason for a number of them to reject it and rebel in a sort of "it's my life to decide" way of thinking.

Edited by HappyApathy

Well, we have no reason to believe corpus see men and women any differently, they're not Grineer after all. 

Also, they can't just say "it's my life to decide" either way. They're all brainwashed into obedience. All of them, although I assume they start developing a really strange and perverted personality hellbent on profits as they grow old enough, like Alad V did or like Darvo did.

Well, we have no reason to believe corpus see men and women any differently, they're not Grineer after all. 

Also, they can't just say "it's my life to decide" either way. They're all brainwashed into obedience. All of them, although I assume they start developing a really strange and perverted personality hellbent on profits as they grow old enough, like Alad V did or like Darvo did.

Darvo hellbent on profit?

I hope you mean Frohd Bek, because Darvo is one of the least(the least?) profit obsessed Corpus in existence.

Darvo quote from Vor's Prize quest

"Don't get me wrong, I like profits. A lot!"

I like profits a lot too, but that doesn't make me truly Corpus.

What sets Darvo apart from his brethren is his unwillingness to perform certain unsavory actions simply to gain profit. IE: he won't sell to the Grineer, due to his morals.

The other Corpus would jump with glee about selling to the Grineer, just to make a minor profit.

Reasons like this is why I don't think Darvo is very profit crazed compared to his brethren.

I feel I should explain where my questions about women in corpus society comes from.

I have a pet project, The Clergy. This is the part I think is missing from corpus, I have been wanting to see tge Temples ever since I read about them.

Anyway, take a look if you want.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/235214-corpus-concept-the-clergy-updated-14-05-28/

I like profits a lot too, but that doesn't make me truly Corpus.

What sets Darvo apart from his brethren is his unwillingness to perform certain unsavory actions simply to gain profit. IE: he won't sell to the Grineer, due to his morals.

The other Corpus would jump with glee about selling to the Grineer, just to make a minor profit.

Reasons like this is why I don't think Darvo is very profit crazed compared to his brethren.

Here's the thing, we only know of three Corpus Characters. Fraud Bek, Salad V and Darvo.

Out of those three we have an insane motherf***er who tortures and kills to get profits, and is now hellbent on killing his fellow Corpus, a Corpus boardmemeber that is partly in charge of the Corpus faction and the son of a board member that did not agree with his father's rules and so ran away and is now dealing with the Tenno. Three samples is not enough to get a good idea of what the average Corpus thinks and their ideals, especially since all these characters are (or atleast once were) very high up in the Corpus world.

Also, I don't think that Darvo is a good example of a non hellbent profit Corpus. Think about this. Darvo deals with the Tenno, and what do the Tenno do? Kill Grineer, infested and Corpus. They even slaughter Corpus for their own gain as apposed to "keeping the balance" (example, Gradivous). And despite all this, Darvo still deals with the Tenno.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

To be fair to Darvo, Forhd did try and manipulate and frame his own son into what he wanted him to be, not let his own son choose his life for himself. Plus, they kept Darvo prisoner when he wanted to follow his own agenda, rather than do as his father pleased. Though he isn't a character of great moral fiber, in the universe we play in, he's pretty close to normal compared to the rest of us. Plus he's funny. Darvo protects and helps his friends, who, incidentally, are us. Though, I gotta say the first time we met the sucker and saved him the Stalker came after us.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

To be fair to Darvo, Forhd did try and manipulate and frame his own son into what he wanted him to be, not let his own son choose his life for himself. Plus, they kept Darvo prisoner when he wanted to follow his own agenda, rather than do as his father pleased. Though he isn't a character of great moral fiber, in the universe we play in, he's pretty close to normal compared to the rest of us. Plus he's funny. Darvo protects and helps his friends, who, incidentally, are us. Though, I gotta say the first time we met the sucker and saved him the Stalker came after us.

I wasn't banging on Darvo saying he's horrible. I agree he's pretty much the goodest (for lack of a better word) character we got in the game (aside maybe the Tenno that actually help keep the balance and Lotus, though I personally don't entirely trust Lotus) and by saying "son of a board member that did not agree with his father's rules and so ran away" I did mean what you just typed out. Just wanted to say he's not perfect.

And yes, I agree Darvo is funny

"Damn it father, I'm almost 105 years old! I make my own choices!"

XD

I'm not really sure how to answer your concerns, fact is at this point I've really laid out the basis for most of the concept factions, basic description, possible units, etc. I'm starting to move on to trying to develop their actual deeper underlying motives and stories, mainly through the main characters representing them, so I'm sorry if it's sounding like a 'lore-project' at the moment but I really want to develop these characters into persons we can actually come to understand and relate to.

ok, I go silent :)

I didn't get a permission from you, what I asked in PM couple days ago, for creating separate "developer-friendly" interpretation topic for this thread so... bb see ya later!

Edited by emaralez87

Darvo repeatedly talk about "The Corpus" and "Those guys."

So he is not a part of them in a real sense.

Don't forget we still don't know what Christopher Walken is doing. Out if the four at Alads auction, only Frohd have been introduced.

I think Darvo should be leader of vandals.

I really don't see Darvo been the leader of a band of rebels, though I could see him been an associate to them and occasionally been one the people who you may see appear in their Friendly Hub every so often.

ok, I go silent :)

I didn't get a permission from you, what I asked in PM couple days ago, for creating separate "developer-friendly" interpretation topic for this thread so... bb see ya later!

If you want to make another thread based on what is suggested here you are free to do so, the more publicity the better.

Well, we can assume that being 105 years old is enough to come up with your own personal definition of profit. As is, Darvo might consider himself to be profiting from ensuring a better future for the origin sector through aiding tenno in taking down both corpus and grineer. He may or may not have had anything to do with that before tenno seeing how his rich father would probably keep him out of trouble for that.

Perhaps he was brought up  differently after indoctrination, or wasn't indoctrinated at all, considering he was brought up by people firmly believing in what corpus stands for.

I wasn't banging on Darvo saying he's horrible. I agree he's pretty much the goodest (for lack of a better word) character we got in the game (aside maybe the Tenno that actually help keep the balance and Lotus, though I personally don't entirely trust Lotus) and by saying "son of a board member that did not agree with his father's rules and so ran away" I did mean what you just typed out. Just wanted to say he's not perfect.

And yes, I agree Darvo is funny

"Damn it father, I'm almost 105 years old! I make my own choices!"

XD

Haha, god I love that line.

I think Darvo should be leader of vandals.

Darvo is an enigmatic character, but him as a leader of the Vandals seems a bit stretched due to his nature. A Salesmen and an Associate of the Vandals and us, sure, but I don't see in his demeanor someone who wants to lead an entire rebellion.

Darvo is an enigmatic character, but him as a leader of the Vandals seems a bit stretched due to his nature. A Salesmen and an Associate of the Vandals and us, sure, but I don't see in his demeanor someone who wants to lead an entire rebellion.

Yeah, personnaly, I see Darvo like an opportunist.