The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's (Small) Step Toward Pw-Like Business Strategy

fractal_magnets

I have a challenge for you, friend:

Select your favorite warframe and hit the random color button. Keep hitting it until you find a color combination you like. But make a note of how many times you hit random color.

Now, go buy that many packs of nanospores in the market.

Except it's even worse because at least with that you get to keep the nanospores, useless as they are.

Then and only then may you come back and condescend to us about a "sad life" and "non-issues" and the like. 'Kay?

This guy.... he knows it. Buddy, I like you.

Regarding spending plat, I think the color choice definitely should not be random, but if it has to be for some reason, maybe closer picking the color packs that are available for the frames in that you get one pallet per 10p and those pallets can be traded.

I'm assuming from the cost of getting one and upkeep, that Kubrows were meant to be endgame / veteran player content, and I'm fine with that. It's like the complaints when T4 came out and how some people found them to difficult; it was meant to be content for people who wanted a greater challenge and had the gear to meet said challenge.

DE could be better about explaining this, however, and that thinks like T4 maps and kubrows weren't intended for beginning players or those who haven't stocked up the right amount of resources.

If they werent meant for new players then why you are getting them after 2nd boss in game?? Youll get to jackal how fast?? 4h of gameplay?? 6h of gameplay?? i doubt that anyone would need 8h to do so without taxi.

So new player beats jackal?? he sees dogs and wants one, sees argon on incubator power core, buys a void key pack cause hes clueless and doesnt know that there are ppl who will share theirs completely for free(btw high five to all those hosting on recruitment) then after he finally gets argon, hes sent to earth to farm for egg, after 10,15,20 runs without egg he says either gives up or buy egg for 10p, incubation 2days but he doesnt want to wait 15p, then he gets his puppy and discovers that there are stabilization kits which are needed to keep his dog alive, just after scratching his head thinking "why the F*** i havent bought starter pack instead" he will either buy credits for plat or buy starter kits with stablizers included or just freeze it until he can afford to keep it alive. Thats also assuming that he wont just buy starter pack right away.

Yeah thats more probable version than it being for veterans.

Edited by Davoodoo

mmm this.

i mean if you guys want to spend your time and energy complaining about something that is purely cosmetic and by purely cosmetic i mean does not have any effect whatsoever on the game as i play it or as you play it or as anybody else does but you say "randomized chance connected to real world money = bad" go for it. I just realized i hadnt unsub'ed from this post so i will do so now, glad to see people freaking out about my post up there (i made the same face as i do at little kids when they get a paper cut and start bawling their eyes out) and feel free to do so about this one.

i mean, DE just dropped a load of stuff on the game for U14 and it takes you a few days to get bored and freak out about a non-issue?

thats a sad life.

I'm sorry about your ignorance really. cosmetics are a part of this game and they do matter. It makes something feel personal and creates joy playing with those personalized frames and sentinels for a lot of people playing this game. Yes it has effect on the game and people their attachment to their frames. Maybe not for you, but it does to those who you write off as complaining over nothing.

Except it's even worse because at least with that you get to keep the nanospores, useless as they are.

Overall, I agree with the stance that this is an entirely cosmetic feature, and with the idea that allowing direct-purchase customization will eliminate the possibility for player-driven kubrow breeding as a meaningful hobby.

But the quoted statement is an excellent point.

Honestly my recommendation now would be to 1) reimburse everyone who's used kubrow randomization and 2) eliminate the feature entirely.  It could *maybe* be reintroduced at some point in the future as a single-use blueprint for credits, and a reusable blueprint for platinum/Prime Access Reward.

Edited by noneuklid

I'm sorry about your ignorance really. cosmetics are a part of this game and they do matter. It makes something feel personal and creates joy playing with those personalized frames and sentinels for a lot of people playing this game. Yes it has effect on the game and people their attachment to their frames. Maybe not for you, but it does to those who you write off as complaining over nothing.

Hey, i enjoy personalization as much as the next guy. I LOVE the customization engine on APB:R (want to talk about pay to win based on lottery? Joker boxes. and thats pvp, and you can still beat people if you are better than them) but, like i said above, it is not central to the game. you can already customize your warframe, weapons, sentinels, and emblems.

complaining that your dog is brown and that its a random selection when you pay to change it because you dont like it is game breaking and is in dire need of change (while there are far more important things like trade issues and the kubrows permadeath, mission loading, crashes, and bugs and more bugs that come with a major update) is in my opinion overreacting. i mean, im not trying to convince everybody that its ok. I would like a dog that matches my frame. is it an issue if it doesnt? not in the ----ing slightest.

people can continue to call me ignorant and condescending and what have you, ill just hold in my laughter.

im not trolling, im just showing that its not something to freak out about.

we just got a whole load of new things, why not enjoy it?

TLDR

we just got u14, and you are complaining about paying for cosmetic stuff

Edited by Miracl3

I would like a dog that matches my frame. is it an issue if it doesnt? not in the ----ing slightest.

Is not a issue, but if you are PAYING REAL MONEY to get a CHANCE to pickup the color that is CLOSE of the color scheme you want, that is not right.

People are "overreacting" because the PWE thing that happened sometime ago, and this is like the way of business of PWE that no one want here.

I am certain that you didn't try what Cpç_Facehugger said to you try.

I did, i looked for sometime the how my Rhino Prime is customized, i gone to the B color scheme and started spamming the random button.

155 tries later, i get something CLOSE to my standard color Scheme, now 155*10p is my friend some ****ing 1550p, 

Calculating this is U$ 77.48.

U$ 77.48 to change the appearance of a puppy.

EDIT: Without count the attachments colors.

Edited by Victor2308

Is not a issue, but if you are PAYING REAL MONEY to get a CHANCE to pickup the color that is CLOSE of the color scheme you want, that is not right.

People are "overreacting" because the PWE thing that happened sometime ago, and this is like the way of business of PWE that no one want here.

I am certain that you didn't try what Cpç_Facehugger said to you try.

I did, i looked for sometime the how my Rhino Prime is customized, i gone to the B color scheme and started spamming the random button.

155 tries later, i get something CLOSE to my standard color Scheme, now 155*10p is my friend some ****ing 1550p, 

Calculating this is U$ 77.48.

U$ 77.48 to change the appearance of a puppy.

EDIT: Without count the attachments colors.

Don't forget, that puppy might not even have the pattern you were looking for. Gosh darn RNG. You just love to spite us over and over.

At this point, I'm refusing to spend more plat on the scrambler on my new Kubrow(I had spent 50 or 60p on my first one that died when the bug was around and I didn't get it back, but that's neither here nor there). I'm waiting to see what DE does, I am really hoping that they have taken what we said to heart and will allow us to buy patterns and fur color sets from the market for our Kubrow instead of having to constantly scramble its poor DNA like eggs on Sunday morning.

If you don't like this, vote with your wallet, not with your mouth, it doesn't matter if they see hundreds of complaints and after that they see how most of the people who are complaining still supporting that.

However, don't take me wrong, a doing an active complaint it stills valid, good and necessary, but that's not enough.

Why not keep the genetic scrambler, but expand and improve on it as thus?

Link: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/236973-some-suggestions-to-improve-gameplay-edit-30-kubrow-scrambler-improvements-with-additional-suggestion/ (see EDIT 30)

After all, the genetic scrambler is bring something new to the cosmetic table, which is unique and can open up to more ways to sell cosmetics.

Absolutely amazing that so many people fail to realize the problem is introducing slot gambling into Warframe and that people are opposing real money gambling in a video game, not the amount of plat involved or whether cosmetics are integral part of the gameplay. I just. No.

Why not keep the genetic scrambler, but expand and improve on it as thus?

Link: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/236973-some-suggestions-to-improve-gameplay-edit-30-kubrow-scrambler-improvements-with-additional-suggestion/ (see EDIT 30)

After all, the genetic scrambler is bring something new to the cosmetic table, which is unique and can open up to more ways to sell cosmetics.

A paid for cash lottery that gives random results is "new" and "unique?"

A paid for cash lottery that gives random results is "new" and "unique?"

You pay the original Kubrow Scrambler for credits-only, the Precise Kubrow Scramber (where you get to choose the cosmetic genetic makeup) is platinum-only. All newly identified cosmetic genetic makeup elements will be saved for personal customisation. 

The idea of random customisation itself is unique to Warframe, not the paid for cash lottery.

Edited by Renegade343

I've wasted 20 plat on my kubrow to change his colour pattern and I've gotten the same pattern that I originally had from each purchase.

I have no idea what the hell is going on in this game any more... Kubrows are RNG filled RNG in little cups of RNG for RNG.

No, adding RNG to the genetics of your pet makes it MUCH more exciting. This way you don't see everyone running black + red kubrows like you see them running frames, and people will most likely get attached to them anyway...so absolutely NOT, finally RNG has a place and I hope it stays.

BUT, what bothers me is paying 10 plat for something random...I say just change it for some high credit cost instead...because it just doesn't feel right.

If by "exciting" you mean annoying and putting my money into a blender, then yes, very "exciting."

I agree. Everytime a game introduces a feature that involves money and gambling I die a little on the inside. Those games usually get less popular over time and the community don't support it anymore.

Like mentioned just let us pay more platinum and let us have the choice of the patterns and colors.

Though I gotta say this is the only thing about U14 that I dislike (and the bugs and glitches but they get fixed in time). For the rest I love everything about it!

I agree. Everytime a game introduces a feature that involves money and gambling I die a little on the inside. Those games usually get less popular over time and the community don't support it anymore.

Like mentioned just let us pay more platinum and let us have the choice of the patterns and colors.

Though I gotta say this is the only thing about U14 that I dislike (and the bugs and glitches but they get fixed in time). For the rest I love everything about it!

You wanna know whats funny about this? Most of those games are Korean MMO's.

Wanna know whats worse?

They all end up having extremely bad markets/economy, to the point where gold buying becomes a thing.

inb4 800p for a black/white lotus print, thin, huras Kubrow.

That can fail

Edited by Shuuro

Guest Tehnoobshow

The problem isn't money, the problem is that DE has shown their willingness to make us pay for RNG. Now that they've tested it on Kubrows, who knows what they'll do next. Maybe they'll make it so you can only get weapon slots from chance packs, or maybe all weapons will degrade with use and have to be built again unless you get an "unbreaking" one from a chance pack. Or maybe you'll only be able to get potatoes as a rare reward from chance packs where 90% of the time you'll only get Detonite Ampules. The possibilities are endless.

In short, I'm sure you can see DE, that we all really want to avoid any kind of wall of RNG that works with Platinum. RNG + Platinum is something I think we can all agree we can live without.

We want to know that our platinum is going to get us what we want, instead of a randomly generated outcome.

You wanna know whats funny about this? Most of those games are Korean MMO's.

Wanna know whats worse?

They all end up having extremely bad markets/economy, to the point where gold buying becomes a thing.

inb4 800p for a black/white lotus print, thin, huras Kubrow.

That can fail

especially that spoiler... it is not even solid that you get what you want even with 2 identical templates because rng flips the coin of whether to use one of the templates for one of the skins. And what IF you payed 800p for a template... or even 50p. Wasted non the less if maybe even a single trait fails to transfer.