The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Just Goddamn Ridiculous Now

Xianyu

I don't care what anyone says about 'hurrr shoot the healers first'.

Infested are stupid now.

Don't beleive me? Go play to round five on Sechura.

The addition of a single ancient healer should not turn an entire enemy group into a completely unkillable bunch of pricks.

And even against the healer, specifically targetting the ONE STUPID HEALER IN THE ENTIRE GROUP it took more than the ENTIRE SEVEN ROUND MAGAZINE of my rank 30 drakgoon to kill.

This is not okay.

This is what's known as an unfounded complaint. With even a minimum of teamwork infested are beyond easy to kill, though I suppose if you're blasting at a mob with a drakgoon on max spread then yeah, you might have some trouble.

I just tried the third mission for Mirage.  Infested hive thing.  I did plenty of them during the event that introduced them so I assumed I'd be fine bringing my primed rank 30 equipment and being mastery rank 14 so I've got a good enough grasp of the game.

Nope.  Infested now are straight-up unfair.

I popped all four revives in the second hive room before giving up and grabbing two others with prime gear, and even then we were reviving each other multiple times during the mission.

I guarantee you that if it was level 30-35 Grineer or Corpus (instead of infested) I would not have done nearly that bad, nor would my group on the second run have spent so much time reviving each other.

The infested getting buffed was good, but all of the buffs put together alongside the ancients all being eximus by default is overkill (as in, overkilling the players).

I don't care what anyone says about 'hurrr shoot the healers first'.

Infested are stupid now.

Don't beleive me? Go play to round five on Sechura.

The addition of a single ancient healer should not turn an entire enemy group into a completely unkillable bunch of pricks.

And even against the healer, specifically targetting the ONE STUPID HEALER IN THE ENTIRE GROUP it took more than the ENTIRE SEVEN ROUND MAGAZINE of my rank 30 drakgoon to kill.

This is not okay.

i dont wanna sound smug but i get the feeling you just not going about it the right way.

i can melee my way with a freaking ceramic dagger that isnt even close to max with newish frame. 

i dont wanna sound smug but i get the feeling you just not going about it the right way.

i can melee my way with a freaking ceramic dagger that isnt even close to max with newish frame. 

I can too. Right up to wave 5. I was levelling up my Oberon. I've fought plenty of infested before, so it shouldn't have been too hard. I thought 'hey, when the healers show up, I'll just target them first'.

NOPE.

Even my most powerful weapons only took off slivers of health with each hit.

An enemy should not go from 'meh, easy', LITERALLY just cleaning them up with bored sweeps of my nikana, to 'what the F*** is this garbage?' and using all four of my revives in the space of about a minute, with just the introduction of a single enemy.

Even if you can deal with it, it's terrible game design.

Aiming for the healers first because they buff the enemies: YES

Aiming for the healers first because they make the enemy completely unkillable and still take entire magazines to take down: NO.

I can too. Right up to wave 5. I was levelling up my Oberon. I've fought plenty of infested before, so it shouldn't have been too hard. I thought 'hey, when the healers show up, I'll just target them first'.

NOPE.

Even my most powerful weapons only took off slivers of health with each hit.

An enemy should not go from 'meh, easy', LITERALLY just cleaning them up with bored sweeps of my nikana, to 'what the F*** is this garbage?' and using all four of my revives in the space of about a minute, with just the introduction of a single enemy.

Aiming for the healers first because they buff the enemies: YES

Aiming for the healers first because they make the enemy completely unkillable and still take entire magazines to take down: NO.

Don't do it by yourself, and don't do it with a crappy frame like Oberon. It may seem a bit jarring, but infested are no longer the joke faction.

I'm wondering, all these braggarts here, when the last time they fought infested was(esp with a low ranked ceramic dagger).

The infested are exceptionally more difficult now.

We've had an update, you know. Actually try your dagger theory, see how it goes.

I'm wondering, all these braggarts here, when the last time they fought infested was(esp with a low ranked ceramic dagger).

The infested are exceptionally more difficult now.

We've had an update, you know. Actually try your dagger theory, see how it goes.

I'd say the last time I fought infested was about an hour ago. I can go take screenshots with some low ranked weapons if you'd like.

The trick to infested now is teamwork and target prioritization, not strong guns.

I did Sechura with Melee only. I did perfectly fine and never went down once. I like the fact the infested actually provide a challenge! You can't mindless swing and shoot at them anymore, you need to prioritize targets, Ancients are a huge threat now and need to be the things you kill first. I will admit, they are much harder, but that's great! Infested provide a CHALLENGE. Just because you haven't figured out how to deal with the new infested, dosen't mean they are bad, it just means you need to use your brain and try something new to fight them.

Edited by TerraNovaX

Just like everything ELSE in Warframe:

Too Easy or Too Hard.

Lv10-15 stuff: Too Easy

Lv25+: Too Hard

I hate there being nothing in the middle.

Lephantis. Lv1 -- lol, wtf is this? This is supposed to be a boss?

Lephantis, Lv80 -- .......wtf? how are we supposed to kill THIS?

Couldn't there be, like, a Lv30 option in there somewhere?

@Llyssa
The infested are harder, sure.  But they aren't that much harder.

If you have a good, accurate weapon with a gas build you can still take down the infested like they're nothing.
The biggest change honestly is that you'll want to run one of your weapons with heat so that when a toxic ancient shows up you can quickly take it out, since it lowers gas damage that infested suffer.

But I've had OD runs, as well as runs on Eris and runs in infested invasions where it spawned tons of ancients, all buffing each other, and never had a problem.
Sure it takes a bit more thought than the "W+M1" that they were before but that is a good thing.

I can still easily use infested to rank up new guns or new frames.

I think that its a very good thing that infested are no longer the faction that you can kill hundreds of at high levels without any challenge at all.

Oh, and you can still take them out with a half-way decent melee weapon.

@Xianyu
The ancient healers hardly make the enemies unkillable, unless you dont use gas/heat and are using a shotgun at the damage drop-off ranges.
A gas damage Drakgoon with fully charged shots will still easily kill ancient healers well into wave 20, even in Sechura.
Honestly a bigger enemy to worry about is how toxics make infested around them resistant to gas and toxic damage.  All you need to do is bring a decent weapon with heat damage as a backup and you can take those out fast before going back to killing the rest with gas damage.

Mind if I ask what your mod loadout on your drakgoon is?  I'm just curious what mods you have on it that just stop killing things at wave 5.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Llyssa

The infested are harder, sure.  But they aren't that much harder.

If you have a good, accurate weapon with a gas build you can still take down the infested like they're nothing.

The biggest change honestly is that you'll want to run one of your weapons with heat so that when a toxic ancient shows up you can quickly take it out, since it lowers gas damage that infested suffer.

But I've had OD runs, as well as runs on Eris and runs in infested invasions where it spawned tons of ancients, all buffing each other, and never had a problem.

Sure it takes a bit more thought than the "W+M1" that they were before but that is a good thing.

I can still easily use infested to rank up new guns or new frames.

I think that its a very good thing that infested are no longer the faction that you can kill hundreds of at high levels without any challenge at all.

Oh, and you can still take them out with a half-way decent melee weapon.

So basically, as long as you hide as far away as possible and shoot at them, infested are fine? Okay, I can see that.

However, for any playstyle that doesn't involve merely gunning them down at long distance, they're a bit OP.

I'd say the last time I fought infested was about an hour ago. I can go take screenshots with some low ranked weapons if you'd like.

The trick to infested now is teamwork and target prioritization, not strong guns.

Would love to see it. Let's see how far you get on Hieracon with only low ranked a melee weapon equipped.

Edited by Llyssa

I did Sechura with Melee only. I did perfectly fine and never went down once.

This. Dual Zoren, gas build, even the Ancients go down without any trouble. Sounds to me like people complaining just aren't doing it right somehow...

So basically, as long as you hide as far away as possible and shoot at them, infested are fine? Okay, I can see that.

However, for any playstyle that doesn't involve merely gunning them down at long distance, they're a bit OP.

If you noticed the last sentence of my post:

"Oh, and you can still take them out with a half-way decent melee weapon."

I wasn't meaning that you have to be as far away as possible.

Why are you assuming that I am hiding in a corner and shooting them?

Accurate weapons have a point beyond long range as I enjoy getting headshots at medium range for maximized damage.

My play-style is close to medium range.  I've done plenty of infested missions with shotguns, and yes it was after U14 hit, meaning that you have to stick close to them.

I also do melee runs with various frames, and there isn't any closer than that.

They are hardly OP at any range, and can be taken down at any range if you pay attention and prioritize targets.

All it takes is a small amount of care now unlike the pathetically easy steam-roll it was before.

Edited by Tsukinoki