Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Any Benefits To Blocking When I Wear The Silva And Aegis?

Kasamoto

Question

It should drain 0 stamina while blocking.

You can't give it low damage and have no other benefits.

Oh wait, Venka, Attica, etc.

Carry on.

Attica is decent. It has a slow, yet auto trigger and good accuracy. The damage is also moddable to fairly high numbers.

Would be nice if the shield had some innate ability.

For instance bullet attraction when blocking, which protects your team mates / sentinel if they're standing close enough to you.

Or allowing you to use your secondary while blocking (left mouse allows you to shoot) and off course, the stamina will be drained with each shot.

It should drain 0 stamina while blocking.

You can't give it low damage and have no other benefits.

Oh wait, Venka, Attica, etc.

Carry on.

drain 0 stamina? nope, no way! 

be the lowest drained stamina while blocking? totally, its a freaking shield!

I'm surprised that there's no continuing mod batch dedicated specifically to blocking. All sorts of blocking mods could be made, such as reduced stamina consumption during blocking, increased dot proc resistance during blocking, storing of blocked damage for other uses, etc. I know there's reflection, channel parry, the auto-block chance mod, and such, but...

Actually, from alot of testing, I can say the shield isn't just a stamina draining prop and it does have some what of an ability. While manually blocking a melee attack you have high chance to stagger the enemy for about a second to a second and a half that allows a quick finisher that does huge amounts of damage. That is if you can time it correctly. It also can do the finisher if an enemy is blinded by Excalibur's radial blind.

Actually, from alot of testing, I can say the shield isn't just a stamina draining prop and it does have some what of an ability. While manually blocking a melee attack you have high chance to stagger the enemy for about a second to a second and a half that allows a quick finisher that does huge amounts of damage. That is if you can time it correctly. It also can do the finisher if an enemy is blinded by Excalibur's radial blind.

You have a 100% chance to stagger an enemy for a finishing move if you melee channel and block at the right time.

Are you sure you weren't using melee channel while timing your block?