Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Out Of Hand

This is.

NSh48Po.png

Yes, I realise it's a lvl 4 Ignis. But without the Healers, it dealt around 30-40 damage. Now it deals 0-1. 

0 damage.

Without the bloody ancients, I had a chance to blaze myself through the waves (after being ditched mid-wave by 2 teammates), but thanks to the 3 Ancient Healers with the buff auras I simply couldn't do anything damage-wise.

Sure, infested are now more challenging, but this is plain ridiculous.

When I spot a healer all of my attention goes toward them, that way the entire horde of infested continue to drop like flies to a bug zapper after I got rid of the source of the problem.

Edited by Trowicia

I suggest focusing all your damage on the Healers themselves while there are multiple other Infested around. They drop pretty fast if you do this, even if you run melee-only like I tend to do. At that point, the others will simply drop off and die as normal.

I think it is the bug where two or more Ancient Healers link with each other or some sort that is causing the problem. 

I think Ancient Healers should be a bit middle of the line(I've noticed DE oftentimes likes to jump to Stage 11, as it were, when it comes to buffing enemies).

But as it is now, I will agree that it's ridiculous, I've actually had troubles killing level 15s+healers with my Penta, which is ridiculous considering, without the healers, I'll one shot level 30s with no issues.

In that case, I'd suggest that only one Healer be active at a time.  Or make it so only one spawns and replace the other healer spawns are replaced with other "Badasses", for lack of a better term(Keeping in mind they're also in the Void as Corrupted).

Both ideas have their own issues, though...

I think Ancient Healers should be a bit middle of the line(I've noticed DE oftentimes likes to jump to Stage 11, as it were, when it comes to buffing enemies).

But as it is now, I will agree that it's ridiculous, I've actually had troubles killing level 15s+healers with my Penta, which is ridiculous considering, without the healers, I'll one shot level 30s with no issues.

Yeah, the Infested faction received a MASSIVE buff. Which is quite nice most of the time actually. But the stacking auras are just ridiculous. It's like having self-stacking Iron skins or Sonars. Imagine the 100k health buffer or the +10000% damage on weak spots... That would be bonkers right? Well, apparently there is a double standard here. We can't have it, enemies can. Oopsie.^^'

I think DE will fix this. I don't think that was intended. It would be majorly imba if it was.

Edited by Marthrym

I dunno, it seems right that your lvl4 Ignis does almost nothing to the level 36 enemies.

The new healers seem perfectly fine to me, admittedly they give me little to no trouble, but at least they actually do something now. And make the infested less of a joke to fight against.

Edited by GriM_AoD

In that case, I'd suggest that only one Healer be active at a time.

This would be unnecessary if the Healer's aura couldn't affect other Healers and didn't stack on other Infested when multiple Healers are bunched together. 

Doing the same for the Disruptors' and Toxic Ancients' new auras would solve other problems too.

New Infested are fine.  As long as I'm not playing Defense.  Or Mobile Defense.  Or Hive.  Or....

Any situation with two or more Ancient Healers in close proximity to each other. 

I think just making the Ancient Healer aura effects not apply to other Ancient Healers would fix things. 

Well, this thread is about Ancient Healers, so I am limiting myself to that, however they have re-multiplied the Osprey numbers in missions, which makes anything with Infested that requires you to do anything other than speed-run through a mission pretty difficult.  I mean, I have seen upwards of 5 osprey spawn and fly into the same medium sized room.  And this while getting mobbed by a dozen Leapers/runners.  Kinda hard to target that ancient or osprey in the back of the crowd when you are getting face stomped by the ones climbing all over you.  And in anything like Defense or Hives, your mobility is limited by having to defend the objective, or hunt for hidden tumors.

I didn't mind the Hive event (breeding ground), but I'm not liking the new Eris zones for those reasons.

Well, this thread is about Ancient Healers, so I am limiting myself to that, however they have re-multiplied the Osprey numbers in missions, which makes anything with Infested that requires you to do anything other than speed-run through a mission pretty difficult.  I mean, I have seen upwards of 5 osprey spawn and fly into the same medium sized room.  And this while getting mobbed by a dozen Leapers/runners.  Kinda hard to target that ancient or osprey in the back of the crowd when you are getting face stomped by the ones climbing all over you.  And in anything like Defense or Hives, your mobility is limited by having to defend the objective, or hunt for hidden tumors.

I didn't mind the Hive event (breeding ground), but I'm not liking the new Eris zones for those reasons.

Yes, that is true, but the problem is amplified (or in fact, almost game-breaking) when two Ancient Healers link with each other and thus become nigh invulnerable, if I remember correctly. 

Just fixing it so that the Ancient Healer cannot link with other Ancient Healers would help much in making the fighting against the Infestation more better. 

I dunno, it seems right that your lvl4 Ignis does almost nothing to the level 36 enemies.

If weapon level were supposed to be equivalent to enemy level, it would probably increase statistics directly and certainly scale further than 30.  Unspecialized weapons being unable to hurt higher-level enemies was the main reason we had the Damage 2.0 revamp in the first place.

To confirm that levels don't matter.

Level 25 Ignis, potatoed and forma'd, with lots of damage mods and gas elemental.

0 damage at all time. Considering there was an eximus there, we didn't stand a chance. Barely made it, but had to leave at 10.. TEN. Sechura is ridiculous now.

v0vZvTR.png

To confirm that levels don't matter.

Level 25 Ignis, potatoed and forma'd, with lots of damage mods and gas elemental.

0 damage at all time. Considering there was an eximus there, we didn't stand a chance. Barely made it, but had to leave at 10.. TEN. Sechura is ridiculous now.

v0vZvTR.png

This must be a bug. Maybe we should report it to the bugs section.

This must be a bug. Maybe we should report it to the bugs section.

Unfortunately, it's not a bug, but how Ancient Healers work now. They can stack up so hard that they'll result in a 90-100% damage reduction for everything around them. They really do need to be reworked.