Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

07/29/14 Cannot Connect To Server

dizty_doo

Forum moderator will judge my thread the way they want I don't care, I am MAD...MAD as hell...

Be mad. Be mad offline though. This is just stupid and pointless.

"Poow wittwe baby can't pway da wawfwame fow a coupwe days? awwwww, dat's sooooo sad..."

You have nobody to be mad at since you don't know who IS at fault. Defaulting to complain on the forums about something the dev's can't control is rather counter productive don't you think? Just put the game down for the day. Check back tomorrow, maybe it's fixed, maybe it isn't. Either way, you don't NEED to play Warframe, so just pretend like this is a period of routine maintenance like practically every other game forces it's player's to deal with.

Does anyone have proof of even the slightest involvement or correlation between ICE and the server instability? Anyone?? Anyone at all??? While it may be a quite large coincidence that this server instability is happening around the time of ICE's attacks on nodes. Also, one thing to take into account is that a DDoS Attack is NOT selective in the sense that it doesn't attack on a client to client basis, but on a server to server basis (I.E. NA server, EU server, Etc.), so these allegations of ICE attacking players on the opposing side are entirely illegitimate. Now can we please stop the accusations and let DE's Hamster Primes do their jobs? 

Its a fun game, and it caught my attention, but as a new player, all I've seen so far is content filling patches and extremely long downtimes when a "bug" or "hack" occurs. And from the feel of forums and steam, we all know and kinda know what the problem is.

Yet it is allowed to continue.

Im still a fresh person, so my leaving warframe matters not, but my curiosity is why more wont follow me to a superior title? This is forever beta, and it seems the community is more destructive and selfish in the ways of effecting the community. For hours forums open, and posts made, but the admins and hosts feed us such little details and a whole lotta "please be patient, we are attempting to fix something that should of been fixed a few days ago. The community will wait on heels attepting to log on over and over, insanity defined, yet we cannot simply leave?

If the community was fed up and decided to relocate, the dev's would have no choice but pander to the community. Maybe polish mechanics, reinforce the titles stability and fix loopholes and whatnot, im no tech, but isn't this technically robbing me? If I pay 50 bucks for plat, and I cannot play for more than 1 minute before boot, and this happens on a weekly.....

Ok, where to begin:

1) People won't 'follow' you anywhere because you're not our leader.

2) If you think the devs don't give us feedback here, try spending a month or so with star trek online or any number of other titles.

3) You said it yourself, it's still in Beta, Beta is Beta.

4) "Insanity defined"? Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? The definition of insanity, actually, is doing something outside of established norms. Farcry 3 is not a qualified psychology teacher. ;)

5) No, it's not technically robbing you; if you're paying money for something that isn't complete and then walking away from that thing because you don't have the patience, you're giving it up willingly, not to mention, this isn't kickstarter, so if you're dumb enough to actually pay for an incomplete product then, well, a fool and his money are easily parted, I guess. in conclusion, I would personally recommend that the devs take a 'so long and thanks for all the fish' attitude, which they probably won't because they seem way to nice to say something like that, unlike plenty of other dev teams and companies in general (looking at you, PWE!).

Short, short, short version? Don't be so entitled. ;)

seriously? some of you think that an alliance organized a DDOS attack on servers to secure nodes in the game?

guys no offense meant but shut your computer & go breathe fresh air outside.

soon you ll advise for tin hats to protect vs the evil goblins that will jump out of the screen

Nobody has implied that it makes sense. It doesn't. The evidence all points toward them. They started their DDoS, then Sechura started. Sechura ended, then their DDoS ended. They started their DDoS again, then Hieracon started. Soon, Hieracon will end, and the DDoS will end again.

seriously? some of you think that an alliance organized a DDOS attack on servers to secure nodes in the game?

guys no offense meant but shut your computer & go breathe fresh air outside.

soon you ll advise for tin hats to protect vs the evil goblins that will jump out of the screen

Not accusing them here, but do you know how little it takes to organize a DDoS attack on a game's servers? Do you not know how much they gain, in-game at least, for "winnning" dark sector conflicts? Honestly, I don't care whom is doing it, but whomever is should seriously stop.

This happened to my friend also who was online at the same time.

V2otLPV.png

EDIT: Thanks to Yaer and Megan for responding quickly to this. Hopefully this gets resolved as quickly and smoothly as the first incident.

More EDIT: It came back again. >.> Thanks for all the help, DE. We hope you catch the issue soon.

^

this is the main topic... and I find it funny I've crashed and dced more in the passed 2 weeks then I have a year and 2 months before it...

just happened.. is there a conspiracy behind this?

^

Your speculating should cause for the thread to be closed.... you off topic without facts.

because it leads to this

>inb4 this one alliance drama thing again

Just wait till theirs another "ICE" conspiracy theory :P

^

you started it congulations...

Oh dagnabbit, just ban them all already. 

^

possible solution...

Another DDOS. Yay.  Don't these people have anything better to do with their time. :|

^

a true statement....

Yep. They've found the best way to win rails, they're not going to stop at "just once".

^

I don't think anyone would....

ICE is Attacking the other pluto bridge now. this is 2 hours before starting time.

^

again speculation...

- well Ice's deployed  rail on pluto survival ds like 22 hrs ago and the ddos begins....here u go another theory 

On a side note since you want to change the topic because you're bored and don't want to talk about what you where doing when you dced... I feel sorry if it's true and they get caught. It's such a law suit going against Terms of Agreement like that. That's just the start... I was doing the steel charge alert on earth when, um, those 3 greener guys that hunt you down spawned on me... hows that?

Edited by Kotei

whelp, I can't log in again

while I do agree with innocent until proven it is very convenient timing, which if certain parties are innocent is very unfortunate since it makes them look guilty as all sin, if they are guilty then it's very blatant and stupid and hopefully the guilty are perma banned and whatever methods they used are plugged or fixed or whatever the terminology is if at all possible.

Regardless, I do have a desire to see those parties responsible caught and legal action taken if at all possible because as far as I am aware, ddos attacks are infact illegal in many countries. -.- 

Edited by Dalis918

Well I'm not jumping to conclusions, however, you know they do say third time is a charm. If it does turn out that this is occurring DE should seriously consider pulling the plug on Solar Rail conflicts until they can establish a system that won't halt the game for everybody.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

I did not Blame DE or anyone else I just said it is &!$$ING me off... And if it's those dumbass who keeps attacking the server for no reason, well, I just wish them to die in the worst possible suffering...

OK you sir definitely need a time out rageing is one thing but wishing death to someone... not cool brah, not cool....

Not really interested in the psuedo-politics, but it would be nice if there was a visible official statement as to the current state/update about the issues here. It might make me feel a little more cared about as a player (although I'm not naive enough to believe that my feelings alone are important here).

Seems to be a lot of unsubstantiated conjecture floating around these forums.  Surely players wouldn't risk their account just to secure in-game nodes?

Remember how much credits you get on sechura/hieracon? It's about 20~23k per run without tax, any tax on that is a huge gain. People will do anything for "power". Never assume too much of people, after all we never know now will we?

Second time this happen to me. Two days in a row.  I was able to log in safe and play for a couple hours then I was suddenly kicked off and couldn't log back in.  Fix asap  also my loadouts are mission i had Three LOADOUTS not zero.

If it's a DDOS, it's back. I was kicked off my ship. This is getting ridiculous. Warframe should have enough security in place to deflect a DDOS attack, IMO.

A DDoS attack is basically a major traffic overflow system that overloads the servers, how do you propose that they prevent that, by denying any traffic?