Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thinks Blood Gore Isn't Appealing Enough And Needs Enhancement?

zavienh5

I'm fine with this aslong as there are options to turn them off.

I don't personally find much enjoyment from Gore-y things. Viewing them and the such. But like I say, More options the better. Just lemme turn it off if it comes.

I'm fine with this aslong as there are options to turn them off.

I don't personally find much enjoyment from Gore-y things. Viewing them and the such. But like I say, More options the better. Just lemme turn it off if it comes.

Why would you want to turn it off? Gore's fun, there's nothing more delightful in a videogame than reducing the enemy into meaty gibs, or my personal favorite, dismemberment/bisection with a sword. Gives you a feeling of your weapons having actual serious power compared to standard blades or guns. More lightsaber-y.

Why would you want to turn it off? Gore's fun, there's nothing more delightful in a videogame than reducing the enemy into meaty gibs, or my personal favorite, dismemberment/bisection with a sword. Gives you a feeling of your weapons having actual serious power compared to standard blades or guns. More lightsaber-y.

Because I find it disturbing. Personally, Seeing too much of it. It's just not something I enjoy. But like I say, I know others do enjoy it. Like yourself. Which Is why I'd just like an option to turn it off.

I been testing we can dismember a lot of the enemies into meat pieces , cut a guy in half with nikana and so on theres from what i think a lot of detail inside these poor meat bags but we dont have enough blood when dat happens, i wanna be able to paint the walls and floor red with the blood of the enemies ,look into killing floor 2 to see what im talking about, this video below would be like a option theres a perk in Fallout called Bloody Mess dat u can get if u want,so they could add something like this for people who wants more blood and gore and who dont want just dont use it, like ON and OFF switch in the options.

Edited by MrKage

Catering to the maximum amount of stakeholders is the best option for the game. 

Catering to the maximum amount of stakeholders is the best option for the game. 

Which would mean more gore. Gore sells. It only comes into conflict with the easily disturbed fundie population, or as I like to call the old mothers group. Plus the game is already rated mature/PEGI 18.

Which would mean more gore. Gore sells. It only comes into conflict with the easily disturbed fundie population, or as I like to call the old mothers group. Plus the game is already rated mature/PEGI 18.

But there are others that do not want as much gore and still play Warframe. 

Besides, DE(L) can code options with gore, so I think it would be viable to have more levels of options (no gore, little gore, normal gore, gore galore, so much gore that it splatters the screen etc.). 

anyone ever played Starwars jedi knight: jedi academy with a dismemberment mod or Metal Gear solid: revengeance

Would not mind if we had similar effects when we used bladed weapons.

Edited by RIOTx

I like ur thinking

I just thought of those stereotypical japanese samurai movies, nothing more. They are always bloody to no end. xD

But yes... there could be more... ridiculous gore stuff going on... especially with all the newer weapons that could easily be renamed to "shredder 9000" or something.

Edited by MeduSalem

Purchase the "More Blood"-DLC.

Contains several fixes and gives you the option to use the [premium]-Tag inside the forums,

to post stuff only premium account members can read.

[You need to purchase the Warframe™ "More Blood"-Premium DLC to fully view this Post]

Srsly, guys do you play the game because of the blood? lol!

no surprise there

Well i can speculate to why it was  nerfed:

1 - back in the day we had little variety and most things went pew pew and just killed , now you have tons of weapons and warframes and effects that just annihilate targets rather then just kill them , you know the saying , there's no kill like overkill.

2 - since warframe is now on the consoles they had to lower the blood n gore to suit the less mature nature of the platforms for legal reasons.

3 - all those "toaster" fixes that make terrible life choices like built in graphix lap tops be able to play the game , lower physX quality will improve their fps a bunch.

As to why the gore never had an option to turn it on back to full gore , well you know DE isn't very big into letting players make choices.

2 - since warframe is now on the consoles they had to lower the blood n gore to suit the less mature nature of the platforms for legal reasons.

This trend of appealing the "masses" is getting stronger and stronger with each major update anyways. Can't deny that. They are driving the game to be the bland and generic F2P product many reviewers complained about past year. So no wonder that the blood and gore is getting reduced in that process as well.

They already removed the "decal"-effects for bleeding procs with U14 for most of the tilesets because they said it just creates lag... wow. Bullcrap. Games like Quake/Doom/UT had decals over 2 decades ago and had no problems showing them even the hardware was even more limited back then. And what's about all those particle effects for abilities then?

So this is just a mediocre excuse to get slowly to the point where the game gets a lower ESRB rating so they can ship it to a wider audience.

If this happens I'm more back to playing Unreal Tournament 2004 and UT3 and the upcoming UT4 (once it becomes a more stable Alpha/Beta) or I'll be playing Doom 4 next year. Those games were where I initially came from anyways... and that's how I knew about Digital Extremes and Warframe because they were closely connected to Epic Games and Unreal/UT.

Edited by MeduSalem

Big issue for me, on PS4 at least host can dismember corpses. Clients can't. Add this to the fact that you want to dismember them for nekros... And it is a problem.

And yes, gore needs a buff, including but not limited to impact damage finally starting doing some mutilations. Also, some things are way too hard to pull off. I've blown up Crewman's head maybe 3-4 times and decapitated a Grineer only a few times. The only reliable stuff is cutting bodies to 4 chunks and removing limbs.

Well i can speculate to why it was  nerfed:

1 - back in the day we had little variety and most things went pew pew and just killed , now you have tons of weapons and warframes and effects that just annihilate targets rather then just kill them , you know the saying , there's no kill like overkill.

3 - all those "toaster" fixes that make terrible life choices like built in graphix lap tops be able to play the game , lower physX quality will improve their fps a bunch.

As to why the gore never had an option to turn it on back to full gore , well you know DE isn't very big into letting players make choices.

2 - do you even play on consoles? There are far more gory games around. Also, less mature my &#!. If anything PC is less mature on average, although that's just my country perhaps? Anyway. Warframe is no Mortal Kombat. Besides, gore is there, but host-client gore logic is all messed up and certain mutilations are far too rare because they require specific damage type to apply to specific body region. You love synapse, ogris, brakk? Well, their damage types have no chance to gib anything.

brobot....you do know that general discussion kinda has more replies and is kinda a place of concerns and things .-.

sigh, wish you wouldn't be such a bot sometimes :/