Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Points... A Real Pain

faresamir7

Because ranks 5, 10 and 15 unlock one.

5 and 10 unlocks one.

15 does not unlock one.

If you have more than 3 extractor slots, it's because you got the Founder and/or the Prime package, not because you reached 15.

Edited by KingTaro

So basically he wants to change the way you gain Mastery Points because he's too lazy leveling the gear?

I guess that would be a no from many players who invested the time and got all the way up to 16 or maybe 17. ^^

But I'd be open for additional ways to gain some Mastery XP as well... for example completing Scans or so... similar to the way one gains some XP for completing the Star Chart, but the main way of getting Mastery XP should remain through mastering all the gear available. Hence "Mastery Points".

Also currently there's no need to go beyond 8 to unlock all weapons... maybe to 10 if you want one more extractor.

Oh yes I forgot about Loadout Slots.

Edited by MeduSalem

5 and 10 unlocks one.

15 does not unlock one.

If you have more than 3 extractor slots, it's because you got the Founder and/or the Prime package, not because you reached 15.

I have 5 extractor slots. I unlocked the last one when I hit rank 15.

I just got to Mastery Rank 10 right now and besides gathering 42k MP, it was a long long long and painful path. Can't we just get MP for killss with leveling up wearpons? I know that "The more wearpons you master, the higher ranked you'll be". But I am lazy enough to hate the waiting time.

Btw, to get to MR 10 I had to buy a Affinity booster

and best of all you dont need MR10 for anything whatsoever so it was a wasted affinity booster.

I have 5 extractor slots. I unlocked the last one when I hit rank 15.

Rank 15 does not unlock an extraction slot, that's a fact. I've already seen a few people bellow rank 15 with 5 extraction slots.

Did you purchase a prime package?

Rank 15 does not unlock an extraction slot, that's a fact. I've already seen a few people bellow rank 15 with 5 extraction slots.

He must have. Reaching MR 10 only gives you 3 slots and the other two come for Founders and for Prime Access.

I'm MR16 and I've 5 slots. I know it. I was a sucker for Ember Prime Access as well as Grand Master. :P

Edited by MeduSalem

Patience my grasshopper, the longer it takes, the more you'll enjoy it, say some of us

Halfway to mastery 17 though, kinda disappointed that I got no buddies left to rank up with, but other than that, hopefully it will be worth it when we reach MR 30 <3

Also, unless you have founders / prime access, MR 16 = 3 extractor slots

Edited by Somedude1000

playing since update 7 without boosters, MR13, too lazy to make some of the older weapons or get every single frame, untill DE implement something like plat reward for each rank over 10, or high mastery requierment weapon, there not much point to continue leveling.

Yes I have prime access package, but I didn't get a fifth slot when I purchased it. I could deploy fifth extractor right after hitting rank15 though...

If rank 15 doesn't unlock one then there must've been huge delay for my last slot and by coincidence I got it when I hit 15.

I thought founders/prime access extractor slots didn't stack.

hi.  m17 dude here

and yes i keep all my weapons. why not?  to the people sayin its useless.. yea keep goin and play your OP weapons when a mk1 braton does the same @normal missions.

one of the best ways to spend plat is slots. (and all potatoed.many forma'd)

id rather run arround with a lato prime or a normal skana than to tbe the 9999th guy with penta/marelock/zoren

and guys pls.. sechura 25/30 waves and ur weapon if on 30 (from 0)  (ofc with boosters) so freakin fast

Yes I have prime access package, but I didn't get a fifth slot when I purchased it. I could deploy fifth extractor right after hitting rank15 though...

If rank 15 doesn't unlock one then there must've been huge delay for my last slot and by coincidence I got it when I hit 15.

I thought founders/prime access extractor slots didn't stack.

Well you might be right though:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Extractor

Wikia states that the Founders and Prime Access doesn't stack, BUT it doesn't mention anything about MR15 as well... so the most obvious would be that either Founder/Prime Access DO stack OR that MR15 gives an additional Extractor.

At least I'm able to have 5... even I obviously shouldn't be able to have that if the rules of Wikia are still right.

Edited by MeduSalem

Mastery rank has no meaning.

You don't have to power level stuff as fast as you can just to get some meaningless number next to your nick. It says nothing about the player.

MR 12 here. I don't even have maxed Redirection or Vitality.

I've seen people with higher rank being completely useless, not contributing to the team, dying constantly - sometimes I felt like the rest of the team is carrying them through the game.

On the other hand, I've seen a lot of lower mastery rank players who were a good squadmates and they could pull their weight.

So again, mastery rank has no meaning and grinding for it seems like a big waste.

Huh? You are complaing about MR10? That wasnt the problem for me ( tho, we did have Cyath power leveling back in the day ). Getting mastery is natural for me, as i level everything that comes in game because i dont have anything else to do with this game.

Try getting MR16 or MR17 ( it is possible now ) and you will see whats mastery grind.

Can't quote davaietsgo but..."hi. m17 dude here"

Lol, nice 15 minutes game time and 0 Mastery. Member since 27 June 14. 

I thought it was funny and no one pointed it out so I did. Inb4 "dis be alt accountz lolololol"

Edited by vSabre