Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Points... A Real Pain

faresamir7

Honestly I don't see a reason to get mastery other than get access to more weapons... rinse and repeat.

The real problem with warframe is giving mastery more purpose.... right there there is very little other than a number.

Honestly I don't see a reason to get mastery other than get access to more weapons... rinse and repeat.

The real problem with warframe is giving mastery more purpose.... right there there is very little other than a number.

Focus, but who knows in the end what will mastery affect.

Patience people!  There's no good reason to complain about how long MR takes, especially if you are over MR8 because at that rank or above, the only thing that MR does for you is allow you to deploy an extra harvester.   Which by the way is just a novelty thing because I get more resources in 1 hour of play than my 3 harvesters collect in a whole day.   So MR above 8 does nothing important...especially not enough for players to cry that gaining MR is too slow. 

IF you think it's too slow, then you are just extremely lazy because you can level a weapon or frame that you don't like or want to keep in one day, sell it and never have to worry about it again. 

Also, I'm just MR14 and been playing about 10 or 11 months and put in about 800 hours of play.   I still have a crap load of weapons to level...I've done all the frames and sentinels.   Now I just grab weapons to level and ditch them if I don't like them.   I level weapons not for the mastery though, but to see if they are good weapons and fun.   If I like them, I keep them.  If I don't, well at least I got mastery rank out of them.

Edited by Krymanol

I think it's messed up to call people lazy for ANYTHING in a game. It's a game. When games are well designed then it feels fun to do stuff, and it gives you an incentive to do things that you otherwise wouldn't. Warframe does not do this well. At all. 

The problem with mastery rank isn't that it's a ball ache to level up, although it is, but it's that the game forces you to basically go back and start over every time you begin with a new item. In turn that makes even the very cool and interesting stuff seem dull and unimpactful compared to what you were using. Going a few notches down the missions scale also means the rewards are crappier and so the whole experience is less compelling. 

The real fun in Warframe (for those of us who do still actually find it fun) is at the top end of the power curve, when you are a rocking war god crushing your way through thousands of enemies, and only threatened by large groups of very powerful ones. When you don't get to do that, it's just pure meaningless, frustrating grind.

And that's why people often prefer to just stick with the gear that they find fun and cool, so that when they come home from work or school they actually have fun while playing the game, not just another different kind of work they need to do before they can have fun. 

The point is that mastery level is a bad system, and one that isn't there to encourage you to try more versatile weapons; it's there to ensure that you HAVE to buy inventory slots. The game forces you to use many weapons, and just when you get them to the point where they actually feel worth using, you need to give it up and start from zero again. And soon enough you'll either have to sell things to move on, making new weapons outside of your preferred ones fleeting and dis-interesting, or making you buy more slots. 

The only problem with mastery rank its useless it dont reward u just getting to rank8 so u can use all weapons and dats it at least for me other than dat the question in my mind is "why im leveling these things if i just gonna sell most of them anyway"

I built everything I got my hands on and let it all sit in my foundry.  After I collected and put the last prime into construction I bought a 7 day affinity booster.  Went from rank 10 to rank 16 then I ran out of my stockpile of formas.

Unless you played 24/7 for a week, I call BS.

the worse part is that the cheaper weapons when you first start playing are so underpowered that even grineer lancers feel like massive tanks

that feeling when by the time it takes for you to kill one, your single teammate's already cleared an entire wave -_-

I was at MR 4 for a couple months, didn't bother leveling up new weapons cause I liked the current ones I had, which were all maxed, but this was back when the dojo was released with the research weapons.

Now I'm MR 11 somehow, and don't really care if I keep leveling up or not. You just need to be MR 8 to use every single weapon currently available.

I just got to Mastery Rank 10 right now and besides gathering 42k MP, it was a long long long and painful path. Can't we just get MP for killss with leveling up wearpons? I know that "The more wearpons you master, the higher ranked you'll be". But I am lazy enough to hate the waiting time.

Btw, to get to MR 10 I had to buy a Affinity booster

I am half way through Mastery 10 and never intended to get there just like how I don't intend to get to Mastery 11 but I love Warframe and have all the Warframes in the game excluding non prime Ember and non prime Mag. I still need to rank up Banshee (Rank 2) and Valkyr (Rank 16) and can't wait to get Mirage. I have even saved up to RUSH Mirage's quest message, her helmet, chassis, systems and frame plus by her Harlequin Helmet. I have all but one Prime Melee Weapon, All but 2 Primary Prime Weapons, and and a lot of other weapons.

Just play and the Mastery's will come. For myself, I don't want to rank up a tone of bad weapons so I might not ever reach mastery 12 and I am fine with that.

Edit: For the longest time I didn't even know who to get Mastery points, I reached mastery 4 and a half with just Loki and weapons. I had to look up how to get mastery points.

-------I potato everything-------

Edited by (PS4)Joshuaalt

Took me quite awhile to get to mastery rank 16 let me tell you how many weapons and warframes and sentinels I had to level and keep cause I'm a collector :) 140+ weapons, 24+ warframes 7 sentinels and their weapons so your gonna have a lot of leveling up to go through good luck!

You are the Tenno I aspire to be, Jesus man...

Oh, right, the topic at hand, uh...I think it could be a bit lower to reach MR10 but besides that, it's fine, I guess.

mastery points for weapons?.....

what if someone is only rank two but have a LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT of plats?

???? They could buy all the weapons but would still need to rank them up and some are dojo research weapons that cannot be bought with plat. Some goes with Warframes.

-------I potato everything-------

Its supposed to be a long term game. Sorry your laziness is getting in the way but thats just the way it is.

But.... It's not. Not really. Not by MMO standards. I mean, you can see all the content in the game within a few months. And you can do all of that with the first non-rookie weapons you get, and the first frame you start with. You'd probably be well advised to branch out some, but once you find a weapon that you are comfortable with there is no particular reason to use anything else ever again - It will carry you through the entire game, and that is really not that far. There isn't even much of a reason to run to 100% the campaign map- All the missions on the same tile sets are the same. 

Like I said on the last page (seriously man, read the damn thread) it's not being lazy to not want to grind for first materials and credits and then for XP on items that you won't keep once you get them to 30. It's boring and frustrating to do that. It is not fun. 

This is a game. If it is not being fun then why the hell are you playing it? 

To some people collecting is fun, and that's cool. If that's what you find fun, do it. But forcing EVERYONE to collect things that they have no use for or interest in, and then force them to play with them, even when those items are demonstrably worse than the things they were using before; that's bordering on sadistic. 

And all of this collecting, this interminable grinding, and your attitude (calling people lazy especially) is basically covering for the fact that there is no end game, and no reason to keep playing once you get the items you like to a level that you are comfortable with. There just isn't much left for you to do; no new content to get to, no new items to find there.

There's reasons to stick around, for a Clan, or because you just love shooting stuff. Because that stuff is fun. Mastery isn't fun. It's barely even a game. It's just stretching out a very small amount of content across a much much much longer period of time.