Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Arma, The Dark Knight

ShinNagakure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

......this....is....off....the....CHARTS OF AWESOMENESS!! XD

And now we got three totally "want to have in-game" Frames. We got Typhus, Dragon and now Arma. Three badass warframes that are needed in this game!

yeah but still thats putting those other 2 u said into ths thread, those concepts are for theeir own threads, Typhus and Dragon arent for this thread, but yeah itd be awesome to have all 3 badass frames

• 4 weeks later...

You will be surprised what DE wants in the game.

Question is do the things they also want in-game will still follow the original concept? 

I would love to have Arma, Typhus, and all the others in-game as they are originally designed, not with how Mynki or someone else designs them.

Question is do the things they also want in-game will still follow the original concept? 

I would love to have Arma, Typhus, and all the others in-game as they are originally designed, not with how Mynki or someone else designs them.

Concept art is not the final design of said product, it's a visual design of the idea that they can use. If DE were to use the said concept, they would redesign it to fit their own aesthetic design for their own game. Like Zephyr and Derf Anyo.

Concept art is not the final design of said product, it's a visual design of the idea that they can use. If DE were to use the said concept, they would redesign it to fit their own aesthetic design for their own game. Like Zephyr and Derf Anyo.

Yup, Mr Red :3 ! Zephyr was that "thing" (amazing thing :D) at the start :

http://liger-inuzuka.deviantart.com/art/Arcane-Zephyr-the-Wind-Elemental-V2-493112695

Zephyr original concept © liger-inuzuka

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The art is breathtaking. The general appearance and style gives me the same feel of how the designs were for the first generation warframes, which I love.

I also like the fact that you made this frame more utility orientated and didn't go the "tank" route, even though he has a very tanky appearance. DE needs to make this frame happen.

• 2 months later...

I love the look, full stop. For that *alone* I'd want it for my stable of warframes, so kudos on that.

Powers! On to powers, the heart of any warframe.

GORE: Sounds like a pretty decent initiator, OP. I do have a couple questions about the cone attack, though. How is it aimed? Is it focused on your crosshair or based on the way you were facing when you gored your target? When you say based on amount of damage Arma's taken, do you mean total up that point, or does the strength continue to scale up as you take more damage (IE: The longer the mission, the more damage it does), or do you mean based on how much health Arma is missing?

SANGUINE SPEAR: Okay, this is cool. You set out multiple spears to draw health from multiple enemies, making you tanky, can trade your HP regen for AoE CC centered on the target of the spear, and their duration is short enough that you'll want to use the ability often. Fantastic. The HP regen being based on the damage the spear's do is fine, as it seems pretty likely the DoT they inflict would be relatively small given the percentage of damage returned as health. Alternatively, you could massage the numbers to return a smaller percentage of health with a large DoT component. I love this skill, fantastically designed.

VOID HAND: Okay, this one I'm concerned with, not about it being too powerful, as it honestly isn't, but that it's only useful against 3 factions. The Infested would, literally, eat you alive. They also don't really have weight of ranged attacks necessary to make rooting yourself against them pay off well enough to matter, especially given that you're doing damage in a cone in front of you, rather than radially. I really like the ability, though. You'd probably not be able to return the actual projectiles absorbed, but could have it basically create a narrow, shotgun-esque effect with the damage based on the damage you've absorbed. Still worry that it'd be too ineffective against the Infested... I mean, Mag's Shield Transference is pretty bad against non-Corpus, but is still retains a very good level of general utility thanks to restoring your shields.

BLITZ: It feels like it cannibalizes several powers to make one, which is in keeping with Oberon's Ult being basically a bunch of powers rolled into one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Arma's movement speed boost would be similar to Volt's and also increase your melee attack speed, and unlike Speed is selfish, so that component is fine. It even works like Speed w/ Speed's augment mod. The damage reflection feels low, given Ice Chroma's have that as part of their Elemental Ward ability (it's currently reflecting damage at about 100%, even though it's supposed to be 300%), especially since this is an Ult that drains both health and power. I'd recommend reflecting more damage, probably 300% range/500% melee, and adding an immunity to knockdown as an innate part of the effect. Also, you can drop the health drain component, this ability isn't anywhere near close to powerful enough to warrant such a heavy tax, IMO. Could include an augment that allows it to cannibalize your HP if your power gets to low to sustain it, though.