Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.2.1

[DE]darryl1

Weird.. I see no fix for launchers having 20 rounds per mission (since sniper rounds drop about 0.00001% of the time), or AT LEAST being able to use freaking Sniper Ammo Mutation...

Game-balance reccomendation: Make all rapid-fire weapons have max clip sizes of 5, and give them 4.5s reload times... Then somebody MIGHT consider using a launcher ever again.

no

don't be such a debbie downer

Edited by Tigerchief

I super must have read the new patch notes wrong, cause I read that DE reduced the ammo capacity of some major, and super amusing weapons to 20? From 540? Sure didn't sugar coat that DE. Holy crap. Why would I take a gun with 20 rounds anywhere? And sniper ammo? I kinda want my 6 forma and catalyst back from my Ogris: 'cause c'mon who'd 6 forma and potato a weapon that can only take 20 shots? That doesn't include the Torid (slight buff) and the Penta, and everything else I have burned on them.

Super disappointed this time guys. I know you have reasons, but this blows. Before someone shouts about whining, 540 to 20 and a change to sniper ammo... that's pretty bloody extreme.

Well yeah, went from "exciting, new patch!" to "huh, going for a walk" in like 50 words. I just don't get it is all. And 6 forma, leveled 7 times... just the ogris. I don't get it.

Night all.

It's very very very nice that you Started looking at the weapons and I like the changes (though when many of us mentioned that explosive weapons should use sniper pool so it has less ammo we didn't mean to make their ammo pool even less AND make them use the rare sniper ammo...) but you forgot to remove all and every instance of energy leech and disruptor effects.

It's not that hard, put in a UI scramble effect and disable our casting while the effect is on, that's all. It's a strong debuff while does not create overly high annoyance - the current infested is not fun to play against, they use stuff left and right you cannot defend against. That is no challenge - challenge is something you can do something about.

EDIT

Thanks for the change on Eris but it would have been much better if you put another mission group in with the intended infested-only style. Okay, I won't start whining about Xini (which is now a generic infested defense we have Tons of already) but at least give us bosses on Earth and Eris... especially Earth. It's kinda hard to farm Neurodes for players not fit to battle rank 20 enemies... well, actually kinda hard to farm Neurodes overall since even dark sectors need extra waves to drop them and since the current infested is still waiting to be changed back or at least fixed as it's completely fu... messed up.

So back to the pervious point: everything affecting the player without first touching it should/must be removed if you wish to keep the game alive (most people will be fed up with it - our clan is already like dead-man's-land thanks to the infested changes). Anyways, something the player cannot defend against is not challenge, it's an annoyance and doesn't have a place in the game. If you keep that in mind not to annoy the players then the game will only get better. If you can only hope that you get lucky and don't get hit... well, that's not much of a game - we can play dice then, will be essentially the same thing.

Edited by K_Shiro

Thanks for these fixes!

I've noticed a bug in 14.2: If I have my Paris Prime and Castanas equipped, my Paris Prime ammo is reduced to 30 (which is the same as the Castanas).

Happened to my dread as well. This seems to be caused due to the bow and the castanas sharing sniper ammo as drops