Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was De Hasty To Remove Arcane Helms?

AnakarXaris

Speak for yourself. I would never play a frame I didn't like the looks of no matter how strong it was. And that compromise AlphaHorseman proposed is what's currently in the game FYI

Well, mostly. You can get arcane helmets from other players.

You're correct, of course. But again, the number of the Arcane Helms is finite, and even though its more numerous than something like Primed Chamber (not a good comparison, sorry), players that might want full sets for the sake of either collecting or having all on hand in case of certain situations/missions calling for that build may not get the opportunity to get the Arcane they want/need.

I have all the Arcanes though, thank Heavens i got them all before they went out the window.

Well...i mean we aren't all ratchet, but again, that's the choice people make. Keeping it stated or not, it's not like everyone with a Boltor Prime has the same damage output across the board, it's how they build and customize that decides that factor. The Arcane helms also do that.

Well, that's not a fair comparison. Everyone has unique builds with varying stats, sure, but attaching stats to cosmetics means that cosmetic-loving players have to sacrifice an opportunity for a buff to look better. Usually the opposite happened, and they had to just weep over the sexier helmet during quiet nights in the Arsenal. The difference, really, is that with mods, you have a plethora of choices suited to your tastes. With helms, you had two options, and for nearly every frame, there was a near-unanimous agreement on which had better stats. If you chose other helmet, you'd be at a disadvantage compared to other players just because you like the look of it.

Oh I'm someone who cares how I look, lol, my hours spent shifting the color schemes of each of my frames and their respective armaments/companions is proof of that, even the cosmetic armor pieces I've made sure fit the themes. But I love the aspect the arcanes offered, stats that helped builds atop of looking stylish. I wanted them to stay, and with a compromise, they could return. I do support your argument for their return, and as a compensation to those who want to keep the cosmetics as pure cosmetics, keep the cosmetic versions in-game as well.

Please feel free to counter my argument or support it. I'd like to see where this discussion goes. Constructive comments, please.

there are an over whelming amount of people who do care which is why they were removed and i think this discussion with continue indefinitely as this game becomes more popular because there will be those who see that they can't get the real maxed out settings with out them. I for one don't care about how my frame looks over all other than the color (with exception of hydroid god that starter helm) btu i do care that the rhino speed helm did help out alot (i unfortunately cant get one now since i will not pay ungodly sums of plat) and i feel a similar helm for frost would be a god send (frost is one of my faves but i forgo him because i cant keep up with out sacrificing max build to speed him up.)

To all the elite-o-burritos with their "i'm tho glad thay remoothed thehm"

I bet you still have your arcane helms; vanguard, swindle, etc..

Posers.

Fact is, a good handful of the Arcane helms help their specified frame to a very noticeable degree. Anyone with the choice helms, hasn't gotten rid of them in favor of the cosmetic helms. But in regard to the other helms, people wanted the cosmetics without the negatives, and that's why they were stopped, and then removed.. Grandfathered for those that acquired them in time.

Edited by Gurzil

Yes, but the stat boosts should have been independent of the helmet, as-in mix-and-match.  Same with the other armors.  The should have all basically had one mod slot, and the mod should become permanently fused to the cosmetic when used.  They should all be trade-able as well. It would give infinitely more items worth trading.

Posers.

I converted all of mine to normal helms. The only one I didn't convert was vanguard, I sold that one. Most of them either had weak + stats and a problematic - stat, or no useful stats whatsoever.

Pretty sure I don't speak with a lisp either.

Posers.

the double post is worth it.

kindly get off your high horse so i don't need to hurt a poor horse.

i do have Arcane Helmets. i still wish they didn't have Stats on them. because it's bad for the game.

i have a Helmet here and there with Stats i like, but the concept (like the feedback on them had been saying for more than a year before they were 'removed') could and should have been moved to some other mechanic.

so there's that. kindly eat your other foot, since you already stuck one of them in your mouth.

Well, that's not a fair comparison. Everyone has unique builds with varying stats, sure, but attaching stats to cosmetics means that cosmetic-loving players have to sacrifice an opportunity for a buff to look better. Usually the opposite happened, and they had to just weep over the sexier helmet during quiet nights in the Arsenal. The difference, really, is that with mods, you have a plethora of choices suited to your tastes. With helms, you had two options, and for nearly every frame, there was a near-unanimous agreement on which had better stats. If you chose other helmet, you'd be at a disadvantage compared to other players just because you like the look of it.

Exactly why i said that you can have the arcane or the non-arcane variant, you don't have to sacrifice looks. You have the Arcane if you need that stat for a specific build, and you have the same helmet look, but not arcane, that way you can have the look of a helm that you want without the negative side effect. 

I was suggesting keeping both helm types in the market and on alert, that way everyone wins. If you want looks, then just buy the one thats for looks, if you want the arcane stats, then buy the one with the arcane stats.

That way you won't be disadvantaged in the looks department nor the stats department.

I just wished that if they removed arcane helms from shops and alerts, they should have removed the stats off existing helms and like reward each player like 10 plat per arcane helm they had (no rewards for those still holding on to the BPs)

I just wished that if they removed arcane helms from shops and alerts, they should have removed the stats off existing helms and like reward each player like 10 plat per arcane helm they had (no rewards for those still holding on to the BPs)

Some people actually paid 75p per their arcane helmet. having a reimbursement of only 10p isn't gonna compensate that. Plus people actually argued to keep it, and those who had the arcane helms did keep it, so doing that to them would be hindering their playstyles and preferences whereas there was a way to keep either side from losing out, and that road was for those who had arcanes to keep them, and for those who want purely cosmetics to strip them of stats.

But, as a compromise for those who wouldn't be able to get an arcane, unless it was sold to them by another player, make both versions available in the market.

I would really like a Mod System for helmets the use actual Mods  as been said before or the ability to transfer/swap a Helmets ability to the other helmet/s (ie being able to take Ember's Phoenix helms ability and putting it on the Backdraft helmet or vice-versa)  but that's just my take on it.

I think that if DE would have given the player more options with how to use Helmets at that start there wouldn't have been such a demand to remove stats entirely. I'm more then okay with them being pure cosmetic, just seems like kind of a waste of something that could have been really nifty . But yet again that's just my take on it -_-.

In regards to this there are 2 camps, those that are cosmetic > stats and vice versa.

I myself am stats > cosmetic, I will wear the uglier hat if it gives better stats,

However there would seam to be more people in the cosmetics first camp or at least they shouted louder and got them removed. 

Either way it's just ones personal preference, I for one would have liked more items with stats, but what can you do?

In regards to this there are 2 camps, those that are cosmetic > stats and vice versa.

I myself am stats > cosmetic, I will wear the uglier hat if it gives better stats,

However there would seam to be more people in the cosmetics first camp or at least they shouted louder and got them removed. 

Either way it's just ones personal preference, I for one would have liked more items with stats, but what can you do?

To please both parties, having both available in the market maybe?