The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If This New Mystery "associate" Is Actually...

Neah

Alad V?

A message from a Mystery Associate:

Tenno,

I do hope you will forgive my concealed identity but dealing in these unsavoury circles demands unusual discretion.

I’m such a big fan of the Tenno, you’ve accomplished so much and with such rudimentary equipment. That’s why I’m concerned about the coming Balor Fomorians. I think we both know your Warframes are simply not sophisticated enough to stop them.

But I can help you... for a price.

You see, I have an appetite for the rare and extraordinary and I’ve recently learned of a fine substance known as Cryotic. If you are willing, I will supply the necessary equipment and coordinates for its extraction. In return, I will enlighten you with what I know about technology that could defeat this Balor threat.

To sweeten the deal I am even willing to award bonuses to those of you who exhibit an outstanding performance.

I must say, some of you display the inklings of good taste, if our partnership is a success perhaps we will get to know each other better.

Regards,
Your New Associate

"I’m such a big fan of the Tenno, you’ve accomplished so much and with such rudimentary equipment"
"I think we both know your Warframes are simply not sophisticated enough to stop them."

Now, the Corpus are known for their advanced technologies and the "associate" refers to him/her self as "I" suggesting its a single person/entity. And so far Alad V fits both these roles nicely ( due to him being banished from the Corpus board and all)  . Alad V is also obsessed with Tenno , shown in his pet "Zanuka" which is basically a disassembled Warframe, reforged into a mechanical quadruped. 

I have an appetite for the rare and extraordinary and I’ve recently learned of a fine substance known as Cryotic"

Next, Lore wise, and traditionally (before the invasions) only the Corpus has ice planet tilesets, and this guy knows about Cryotic, meaning they are operating near the vicinity of these areas / are very knowledgeable about these areas, leaning further towards Corpus origins. Corpus are also in war with the Grineer, which makes Grineer wanting to sabotage their own highly unlikely .

I think it would be a great plot twist if it turns out to be Alad V, knowing that we had helped him to achieve his "goals" (whatever they are) when he had mercilessly killed alot of our fellow Tenno.

Discuss !
Edited by Neah

I highly doubt that it is Salad.  Last time we saw him, he was being consumed by the infestation.  And even before that he was kicked out of Corpus society and R&D so he isn't going to have his fingers in every new project.

Though it does make sense for it to be somebody else within the Corpus, because if the Grineer deploy a fleet of new super-warships it's pretty obvious where they are sailing first.

From what i can tell over the passed couple events and update specials it would be valid to say that the "Red Veil" could be behind it. We all know that the "Red Veil" do work for a price in the universe and the message clearly states that "But we can help your...for a price"