Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Noobs- Whats Your Favorite Warframe Noob Memory

(PSN)skip2435

I actually have the opposite story: a Warframe Veteran story.

-But a WTB in trade chat for an unranked Blind Rage, guy messages me offering to sell me a maxed one for several hundred plat. Tell him I only want unranked because I don't have that type of money. About twenty minutes later he sends me another message telling me that he wants to give me the maxed mod for free and invites me to his dojo. I figured he was going to have a bit of a troll or something but I went anyway. And plot twist -- he literally did give me a maxed Blind Rage for nothing. MFW:

ZDHaXTF.gif

I got a maxed Vitality for 20p, because he felt generous...

Just finished downloading the game. I got to Nef then killed him. I stopped playing for a couple of days. I then talked a friend into playing. So when he downloaded it we started playing from the begining. While we were playing the lights started to flicker. I didn't think anything of it. Then the messages started. I was asking my friend if he was seeing these messages. Anyway I got all caught up in reading his messages then he showed up and killed us both. We did everything we could, but this is when everyone had trouble with him. He had different weapons. We died really fast, and I had to appologize to my friend for getting us killed by him on his first day. I also didn't know what the heck was happening so it was fine.

I'll put what I like the most about Warframe instead, because I've never really had an embarrassing noobs moment. 

(This is excluding one time where I was dupped, bought streamline instead of Fleeting Expertise for 15p. But I was well past MR5. I was so hyped, I thought I was getting a good deal so I just put 15p up and saw the mod and accepted. Turned out to be the wrong one. I was quite bent out of shape about that, I rarely trade anymore because of it.)

I absolutely love the way things look. To me, it's completely original and never gets dull. I got used to it, I mean, I'm MR 9.7 now, I've seen these corridors hundreds of times. BUT they never get old. Their They're all unique in their own way. Especially Void, because a whole room that looks like a stadium made of gold and glass is amazing. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

My favorite newb (I'm assuming you mean back when we were new, not just a poor decision we made in the past) memory is way back in CB when I did my first infested mission. It was an exterminate on.. Crap whatever the planet was the was to the left of mercury on that ooolllddd starchart. Saturn was it?

I was duoing with my friend who initially got me into this game by throwing a beta key at me, and the whole map was dark as HELL. I saw some weird looking zombie thing and so I shot it, knowing it was an enemy. It started growling at me and didn't even pause to chase after me! Soon I found myself with dozens of these freaky infested Corpus Crewmen, and I didn't have the foresight to use my melee right away. Me and my friend got swarmed, but then we started spamming E and they got chopped up in half like spongebob was making sandwiches.

Looking back, I miss the days when the infested were super easy and were a delightful breeze to slice your way through. I guess nostalgia does that.

I really miss the dark maps though. I can't remember the last time my flashlight turned on.

When I bought Grakata and Fang for platinum (Hey, I was MR 1-2)

And when I thought those Affinity Orbs were Death Orbs. (Got one when I had Mag Prime and I was like "Wtf, where's meh energy?"

Edited by Rarityframe

First noob moment: buying the Aklato for Platinum. (Though at the time, they were quite effective at shredding the Grineer apart. Stuck with them for a couple major updates after that before switching out to the Vasto.)

Second noob moment: defeating the Stalker, before he was nerfed to hell.
Probably not even a week of playing Warframe, and the first time I meet the Stalker (Back in his Braton Vandal/Cronus incarnation) I defeat him.
Not entirely sure how many players have done that, as I haven't seen anyone else boasting about it, but still, it was an impressive moment for me at the time.

When I was playing with a mastery rank 2 Oberon, guy kept jumping off the cliff trying to wall run. Must have done it about 30 times.

I didn't have the heart to tell him you can't do that here.

Now my clanmates and I just go around saying, "peasants, peasants everywhere."

I remember thinking that Corpus crewmen were just special Grineer units.

LOL it's ok bro I thought corpus were just grineer elites when I first saw them and my worst noob memory is buying ember with platinum *Everyone Gasps* I know it embarrases me to this very day and makes me think of my days as a noob 

Gradivus was literally the first event I participated in (I joined about a week and a half before Founders ended), and I remember trying to figure out how to wall run on one of the tilesets, and I kept screwing up so when the random who was in my game asked if I was doing ok, I lied and said my keyboard was acting up.

I bought the Ballistica with plat...because I couldn't find the part of the market that had weapon BPs at the time so I just gave up and forked over the plat.....yeah I immediately regretted that decision.  

And finally a not-so-embarrassing Newb story: I would spend a lot of time on the Wiki simply because I do that for any game I get into, and I saw the article for the Dera, seeing as I'm a sucker for guns with little-to-no recoil in games, I immediately thought: "I gotta have this gun", at the time though, it was a sub-par Rifle that was only really good against the Corpus because it didn't shoot bullets so you could headshot them, and the fact that it shot lasers made it scale better damage-wise compared to the Braton. Knowing this though, I also thought: "this'll be my go-to Corpus-slayer :P"  However, after damage 2.0 and 6 Formas it's now my go-to Grineer slayer, one of the top weapons I take with me to the void, and the reason Stalker spawns at level 80 when he decides to pay me a visit T.T