Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Noobs- Whats Your Favorite Warframe Noob Memory

(PSN)skip2435

1. I saw someone trying to trade maxed out tailwind for 100p, yep it's amazing.

2. Another one from my friend list invited me to his trading station and demanded me to give him plat for S#&$ stuff, like I owe him that, even though I explained I already have the stuff he offered me.

3. Bringing level 1-6 character and weapon in a 20-30 level mission and expect everybody in the team to revive him/her every 2-3 minutes.

4. complaining about other teammates build without knowing anything about how the game's mechanic work.

5. harassing female gamer and then trying to get a date with her as if she was impressed with his stupidity.

"I need to get slide kills for my challenge, this is going to take forever" (and I sometimes did not get it done in time for extraction)

Ooooooooh boy, I get embarrassed every time I think about it, but hey we were all newbies at some point.

Back in early 2013... This game had just gone public beta via steam

I was instantly hooked in my first mission, I've been waiting for the perfect martial arts game of guns and swords and this was it.

I go for my first infested mission (branched off of mercury) and I stared down an toxic ancient.

Back then they were large Mutated corpus. I was locked on his presence and unable to move..
Something about that enemy was very intimidating (the first time you meet them).

Then I shot him with a Paris. He died in one hit.

"Oh."

There I was expecting all hell to break loose or for the enemy to be some kind of mini-boss.

but noope just some common enemy type. xD

That's a proper noob moment for me.. after that, I've never paid the ancients any attention.

1. I saw someone trying to trade maxed out tailwind for 100p, yep it's amazing.

2. Another one from my friend list invited me to his trading station and demanded me to give him plat for S#&$ stuff, like I owe him that, even though I explained I already have the stuff he offered me.

3. Bringing level 1-6 character and weapon in a 20-30 level mission and expect everybody in the team to revive him/her every 2-3 minutes.

4. complaining about other teammates build without knowing anything about how the game's mechanic work.

5. harassing female gamer and then trying to get a date with her as if she was impressed with his stupidity.

Yep I see all this stuff happening it happens man noobs for some reason think that the stuff they have is worth something when the reality is everyone gets annoyed by them as for gamer girls I completely agree dude it's annoying when people hit on them hoping for a date being plain stupid

That moment when I figured out that ANY mod can be fused into any other mod, not just fusion cores or duplicates of the mod in question.

When I figured out what coptering was.

And especially, when I was mastery rank 1 and my clan mates carried me through a lephantis fight. I was doing 1 damage with each bullet from my Braton.

hmmmm boah.. that's too long ago.

Finally understanding how the mod system works. I didn''t understand that fusion thing. Someone on region explained it to me.... yes, one year ago region was rather civil.

And the survival event.... I hit 47 minutes or so with a team of 3 (It was thanks to them, not to me- as the thread implies, I was a noob). And since this was only some minutes after the event started, I was rank 7 or so on the global user ranking.. for a short time :)

I think you had to make it to 20 minutes to get the Strun Wraith.

And after the first few tries, I really had doubts I'd make it... that event was positively difficult.

And one of the best moments ever - not exactly a noob anymore- was the Booben - thread. I laughed so hard, I couldn't breath anymore. And I just couldn't stop XD

How is Booben formed?

hmmmm boah.. that's too long ago.

Finally understanding how the mod system works. I didn''t understand that fusion thing. Someone on region explained it to me.... yes, one year ago region was rather civil.

And the survival event.... I hit 47 minutes or so with a team of 3 (It was thanks to them, not to me- as the thread implies, I was a noob). And since this was only some minutes after the event started, I was rank 7 or so on the global user ranking.. for a short time :)

I think you had to make it to 20 minutes to get the Strun Wraith.

And after the first few tries, I really had doubts I'd make it... that event was positively difficult.

And one of the best moments ever - not exactly a noob anymore- was the Booben - thread. I laughed so hard, I couldn't breath anymore. And I just couldn't stop XD

How is Booben formed?

Gasps there was a time when region chat was civil and not filled with idiots I'm shocked

Playing with some randoms on one of the old mission types, and suddenly a new player joins the group and starts attacking us.

I'm thinking: "wtf is everyone doing?!? This game doesn't have pvp..."

Guy ends up getting downed by the newcomer.

Lights flicker. New player kneels down, shrouded in smoke, and dissappears.

That was back when the stalker didn't officially exist, and I was a low ranked noob.

Playing with some randoms on one of the old mission types, and suddenly a new player joins the group and starts attacking us.

I'm thinking: "wtf is everyone doing?!? This game doesn't have pvp..."

Guy ends up getting downed by the newcomer.

Lights flicker. New player kneels down, shrouded in smoke, and dissappears.

That was back when the stalker didn't officially exist, and I was a low ranked noob.

Sounds like something to remember I can see people being confused by warframes little pvp

That one time I started playing literally 5 days before the cutoff for the Founder package, and wasn't committed enough to buy it. (JK I cry errytime)

My favorite but probably most frustrating 'moment' in Warframe was probably when I first started the game, the drop tables were really wonky or something and like 95% of the mod drops were Ammo drum. I didn't get Serration until I was already mastery rank 3.

Edited by Vallerian

I went from Mercury to Venus and didn't know Corpus were a thing.

I thought they changed the generic enemies from grineer to Corpus like a visual update of sorts and I was mad because I enjoyed the grineers more.

But then I went back to Mercury and saw grineer again.

And I felt stupid.