Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Noobs- Whats Your Favorite Warframe Noob Memory

(PSN)skip2435

I remember when I first started playing a little over a year ago as Excalibur in the first mission for Mercury, I was in a squad and there were no enemies around us or so I thought. One of my squad mates started shooting everywhere for no reason and when he aimed at me and shot at me, I went into a bleeding state thinking there was a friendly fire option turned on in this game so I thought you had to be careful not to shoot your teammates. I started calling the guy an idiot for shooting me and when one of my other squad mates started healing me, I saw that right behind me was a Grineer that I did not see.

Then the guy who revived me said that this game doesn't have friendly fire. I felt really bad for calling one of my squad mates an idiot and funny thing is, he actually started apologizing. 3 noobs in one game. That was something.

I remember when I first started playing a little over a year ago as Excalibur in the first mission for Mercury, I was in a squad and there were no enemies around us or so I thought. One of my squad mates started shooting everywhere for no reason and when he aimed at me and shot at me, I went into a bleeding state thinking there was a friendly fire option turned on in this game so I thought you had to be careful not to shoot your teammates. I started calling the guy an idiot for shooting me and when one of my other squad mates started healing me, I saw that right behind me was a Grineer that I did not see.

Then the guy who revived me said that this game doesn't have friendly fire. I felt really bad for calling one of my squad mates an idiot and funny thing is, he actually started apologizing. 3 noobs in one game. That was something.

That sounds like a great memory ya playing with noobs when your a noob can lead to some funny mess ups I can imagine

Hmmmm....i started Warframe in the middle of the Fusion Moa event (heh fusion Moas, THE new enemy) i think the biggest noob moment was first time i faced Jackle (is it Jackle or is it Jackel?).

#1! wait...... what was that RPG sound and what are those things on my warframe?......*BOOM* did.....i just get.....one shot?? 0.0 how are we supposed to win this?!?!

XD

Yep it took me a while to figure out the game espeically the upgrade and mod system. Then again after I learned the basics that was the time period when I thought the Dual Ethers were solid swords and the Boltor was my favorite primary and I don't mean the boltor prime either. Plus my first primes were sicarus and burston prime :D horrible primes in my opinion

If you played back from the CB phase, you'll be surprised how awesome (and bad) Mods 1.0 is.

10m Puncture/Punch Through? Doable.

Loki as twice as fast as Vanguard Rhino Prime on Speed plus some jacked-up Steroids? Could be done.

And the most interesting (yet frustating) thing? The mods' effect you got is totally randomized and varied!

Edited by Athros

If you played back from the CB phase, you'll be surprised how awesome (and bad) Mods 1.0 is.

10m Puncture/Punch Through? Doable.

Loki as twice as fast as Vanguard Rhino Prime on Speed plus some jacked-up Steroids? Could be done.

And the most interesting (yet frustating) thing? The mods' effect you got is totally randomized and varied!

Ya I actually kind of wish I had started earlier to see some of the stuff that was originally in the game

Majority of my loses were to defense missions back in the early days of Warframe.  Everyone would wonder off to try to get more kills and lose track of keeping the pod safe.  I guess it was that noob "I wan't get more kills than you" ego.

Playing Xini. One wave 2 or 3 someone starts to talk about weapon stats. Then I say that the Braton can out DPS the Boltor Prime. Then some noob that was MR5 with Rhino (or Rhino Prime. I forgot.) and a Boltor Prime starts to type in chat with Caps Lock on that the Boltor Prime is the best weapon in the game. I am pretty sure the veterans know the Boltor Prime isn't the best.

Played with my friend in invasion with poorly modded weapons since I was new. Napalms wrecked me, no revives. My friend ended up in a lane with insane amounts of Napalms after that. He had to use his Lex to carry me through. His phenomenal aim let him headshot the Napalms consistently and get through the invasion just barely.

Staying on lares until ranking up all my gear to 30 because I didn't know how to mod.

Transmutting my first redirection because I thought health was more important.

Putting power strength mods on my Loki thinking his invis would lasted longer.

Activating LS almost only early but I used it thinking it made me invincible XD

I think I did pretty well in my noob stage.

-Thinking radial blind sucked without knowing it had to be ranked up for it to shine

-thinking ranking up an ability mod would make it cost more energy until i maxed out slash dash and noticed there was no change

-buying frost with plat (i'd still do it again if i went back)

-elevator instead of wallclimbing/jumping (so much time wasted sending the elevator down after taking it)

there was a time when i was leveling up my re built volt using rank 0-15 weapons and i was in a defence mission and the guy (mastery 6) started calling me a **** noob saying im a noob and i dont know how to play... i had to correct him by saying look at my mastery and tell me who the noob is

Probably when I thought that if I wanted to use mods on more than one gun I had to take the mod off of the original gun to use it in the next gun.

Acctually, that was a thing before U8 i believe. Hence the reason i have 5 full ranked duplicates of some mods.