Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Real Girls Out There Playing Warframe?

SkarletK.Prime

In my experience whenever gender is brought up in game it's either "IM A GIRL LOOK AT ME" and the conversation goes to some odd places, or it's the generic "Girls don't play this game".

But yes we do exist, we play this game as much as you, although there is few of us. It is ignorant to state that the female gender doesn't game at all when in reality there is just less of us throwing our e-peens around and yelling how girls can't play. The simple fact remains that to most chicks who do play WF, gender is irrelevant as long as you don't run off during t4 survival or continuously put snow globe on an infested defence. (Thats where I will want to rip your guts out regardless of who you are :) ) We don't boast around and it keeps us happy, entertained and harassment free.

The simple fact remains that to most chicks who do play WF, gender is irrelevant as long as you don't run off during t4 survival or continuously put snow globe on an infested defence

I think you could say pretty much the same thing about real life. If you're a decent human being and you can get the job done, it doesn't (and shouldn't) matter what gender you are.

Edited by vaugahn

Hello again, everyone !

Somehow I expected the acid replies of some of you, but then again, it didn't hurt giving it a try. 

Even so, thank you all for your replies, positive or not. :)

I will just comment on a few aspects:

- to the person who said that what he/she hates ''is a female gamer blasting her presence all over the place'': I am not here to blast my presence as a girl and I see no reason why to hide my presence as a girl in this game. My fellow game friends know me as who I am and that's that.

I only want to meet more girls like me here, since until now I pretty much had bad luck.

- to the person who said he/she does not understand why I want to play with only one gender: No, I don't want to play only with girls. I have a lot of male friends with whom I play, and I also want to know girls. Like I said, been kind unlucky until now.

- to the person who said that the 18+ thingy makes me look more like a man than a girl: I've had experiences in the past with people under 18 who were faking/being immature/trolling, etc. Besides, my friends and I are always on TS, we play, we joke, and, like any other people, we sometimes make/say jokes that are not appropriate for underage guys or girls, and we're not comfortable feeling that somehow we could influence in a bad way a person who is younger than us. We know what we talk about, we know our jokes, but younger persons can understand it wrong, and there is where drama would start....
All this, to avoid problems and enjoy our gaming.

I hope I've cleared out some of your thoughts.

See you in the game ! :)

Skarlet K

I'm a girl but... What exactly is the point of only wanting to play with one gender? That shouldn't affect how we play games or anything. Infact the only reason I could think is so that we could have a common ground to talk and be friends, except for the fact we are posting on a huge common ground. (the games forum itself)

Well said.

I'm a 51-year-old "girl".  :P

Yeah, tons of people will chime in with "hey, it doesn't matter", but to someone of my generation, it still does.  Females were not supposed to play with the boys.

That having been said, I too look forward to a day where misogyny is not so prevalent in the game industry.

Oh, and please feel free to message me or invite me to games.  This is my first shooter, so I'm a pretty rotten player, but I love meeting new people!

Edited by Acanthaceae

I to look forward to a day where misogyny is not so prevalent in the game industry.

A vocal minority does not make something prevalent. Misogyny is no more and no less than in the "real world" than in video games.

Gaming websites and media have painted the picture with lavish inaccuracies to produce an almost comical fantasy that is just as insulting to men as it is pandering to women.

Simply put: There are good and bad people everywhere. If you want equality, you cannot attack only one side.

/end_rant

Edited by Archistopheles

I think that girls that play games are in a sort of catch-22 scenario.

They either let everyone know that they are female and then proceed to bask in the sunrays of nerd workship, but they aren't playing games for fun, they play it for attention.

The other girls are the quiet ones, who don't want to disclose their gender if they don't have to because of all the attention/harassment that comes with it. These girls are actual "gamers" and are cool.

One last thing that i'll mention is that people use games to escape RL sometimes, in this case maybe some girls just want to take a break from the female interaction that they have in RL, thats just my thoughts on why you don't "find" girls online.

Edited by kiteohatto

A vocal minority does not make something prevalent. Misogyny is no more and no less than in the "real world" than in video games.

Gaming websites and media have painted the picture with lavish inaccuracies to produce an almost comical fantasy that is just as insulting to men as it is pandering to women.

Simply put: There are good and bad people everywhere. If you want equality, you cannot attack only one side.

/end_rant

well said , here have one of these 

cookie.jpg

QUICK I CANT HOLD HIM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

CookieMonsterWaving.jpg

Edited by Echoa

I'm not one for hating on anyone, but the one thing I hate in most gaming communities, is a female gamer blasting her presence all over the place.

Honestly, I'm not fond of the girl gamer hater thing either.  They're in a minority so why does it become a big deal to everyone else when they're open with their gender?  The girls I've met generally are quite secretive about it, is that supposed to be better?  In other games I've played most girls I knew played as male characters.

/end_rant

QFT

/end_rant

I don't care how low the percentage is.  Like racism, it's wrong and it needs to be snuffed out entirely.  Sorry I offended you because I didn't use a #notallmalegamers hashtag.

/endrant