Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Real Girls Out There Playing Warframe?

SkarletK.Prime

This is actually true. Girl gamers make up a huge percentage now: around 49%. Let me see if I can find the source...

edit: found it.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp

This page just basically summarizes the pdf link at the bottom, which has a ton of info. This is the ESA we're talking about, and there are quite a few reports popping up with the same or near the same percentage. So that whole myth about no girls on the internet is...definitely a myth at this point.

Based on their definition, a "Gamer" is anyone who has ever played a game on their phone. Gender aside, I don't think many "gamers" would like to be lumped in with the crowed of people who play candy crush and farmville, yet don't even own a computer game from this decade.

Our society is rampant with generalizations and labels. "Gamer" isn't what some people think it is anymore.

Seems to be coming from a pretty male perspective...

Pretty men are allowed to have opinions too. We shouldn't judge anyone on how they look

/joke

Edited by Archistopheles

Oddly enough, seeing this thread and the OP post reminded me of Team Siren, from League of Legends. Basically, a "pro" team of girls shamelessly advertising their gender. Loads of backlash they got, if I recall.

What was their catchphrase? Ah yes...

I'm a Siren.

I'm guessing that's satire, or at least I hope it is. it can be hard to tell sometime because some people are just that stupid.

I hope so too, it clearly is to an extent but it still seems to passively reinforce gender expectations and the "private club" mentality a lot of male gamers seem to have where for women to be accepted they have to meet certain requirements.

Just to be clear I'm not trying to say that gender inequality only negatively affects women.  Just taking a quick look at male suicide rates compared to females is enough to confirm that inequality helps noone.

Though my name says i am a guy, i am not a guy...

though i might be a dude, haven't checked since gravidus

i like girl gamers, from what i have seen they are very polite.

Except rust, never trust a girl on rust.

Edited by pattonsguy

Read through this thread a bit and I had to shake my head.

What's with the hostility/trolling? I'm not saying everyone did it, but geez.

She just asked a simple question and was immediately met with jokes and disdain. I'm pretty disappointed with my own gender right now.

SoulEchelon, I was kind of expecting negative stuff, but like I said, I just wanted to try. Trying never killed anyone. :) No worries, I'm also disappointed with some of my fellow companions in gender.... but it's okay. :)

Thing is I just realized I opened, without knowing, a Pandora box with this topic. :-/ Let's hope this box will be closed soon.

SoulEchelon, I was kind of expecting negative stuff, but like I said, I just wanted to try. Trying never killed anyone. :) No worries, I'm also disappointed with some of my fellow companions in gender.... but it's okay. :)

Thing is I just realized I opened, without knowing, a Pandora box with this topic. :-/ Let's hope this box will be closed soon.

It's not really a Pandora's Box so much as warframes community seems to be even more heavily male than other games I've played, for that reason alone when women are so much as mentioned in passing their presence quickly becomes the focus.  I'd consider that by starting a topic like this you're doing a necessary thing.  We need more topics like this so people can get over it.

That said if you actually want decent relevant responses in the here and now I'd recommend "Find a Squad" or "Players helping Players".  Just so happens GD is a nest of filth.