Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Warframe On Pc... With A Controller. Anyone Else?

Zeus154

I don't have a Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter, but I did make do with a PS3 controller and some software.

I have been playing Warframe with Keyboard plus Mouse combo for a while now... and using a controller feels a bit awkward, but nothing too bad. Mostly because the controls seem about iffy. Other then that, It's some I can probably get behind.

Anyone else used/use a controller when playing Warframe on the PC?

I have had the opposite experience ... I like my Microsoft wireless controller just fine

BUT it does get clunky in game with the security hacks and you just have to use a mouse to do housekeeping in the Liset

In that regard, I would like a touch screen option to do repetitive tasks like mod management

I tried it once and hated it. Not enough buttons to start with, and aiming was a pain.

Though that is just what happens after only using mouse and keyboard for so long.

I know the feel of having little buttons on the controller.

But at least you have the basic essentials mapped onto the controller itself. i will at least commend that. I do like the meaty feeling when shooting weapons.

No way José, why would I give up using a mouse?! :P

I just did this as experiment.

I use a controller occasionally. However I find it very hard to navigate menus with one...I don't know how those PS4 guys do it.

I can agree to that. I feel that using the thumbstick is a bit awkward, at least for right now. Will probably have to get used to it.

I started using a controller early on so I'm quite used to it; I'm actually more fond of it on the PC than my PS4 as some bindings aren't able to be made the same. But I genuinely like the maneuverability and comfort I have with a controller; that's just my personal experience of course though.

I use my ps3 controller for the simple reason that I don't like that melee is at e and also my aim seems to be better with the controller. 85% accuracy on my 3 forma Attica according to the in-game profile info.

I actually use both controller and mouse + keyboard at the same time. Controller for actual gameplay, mouse + keyboard for gear hotkeys and when in the liset.

And yes I tried mapping melee to another key but no input felt good for me so I decided on using the controller. Also rolling is so easy with the controller it feels amazing.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

.......Since I began all I've used in WF is a Controller.....I don't know why but shooters to me have always been controller based, guess all those years of player N64 Golden eye and Perfect Dark got me too used to using a controller for shooters.  Hell I seem to do just as well as most people do with a mouse and keyboard so that's not too bad.

.......Since I began all I've used in WF is a Controller.....I don't know why but shooters to me have always been controller based, guess all those years of player N64 Golden eye and Perfect Dark got me too used to using a controller for shooters.  Hell I seem to do just as well as most people do with a mouse and keyboard so that's not too bad.

Yup. Same here. I've always used 360 controller and it works great. Not sure why people complained about aim issue... but I feel it as accurate if not more. But for the Menu I have to use the mouse in addition. 

That said, to the OP, I don't recommend to use the wireless one, because their response and sensitivity is horrible, or lagged, especially for Warframe, where fast-paced actions demand more accurate and fast response. I have both 360 wireless and wired controllers but ended up shelved the wireless ones.

I have an xbox 360 controller I use for certain games like dark souls. However Ive found that for any kind of game that requires precision aiming like FPS or 3rdFPS controllers are far less accurrate. I perform noticeably worse when Im using controller over Mouse and keyboard.

That said, to each their own. If you like controller more then feel free to use it

In God's name, why would one want to do that?  (Saving against RSI I guess, or not having to sit in an upright chair and being able to relax on a couch?)

I always think it's hugely ironic that the clunkiest possible way of controlling games is called a "controller".