Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

PC type should not determine who hosts.

Latency should be the deciding factor. A player with 500+ latency should not be automatically assigned as host.

I've played with many laptop users, there is no difference unless they are running the game on a potato. Even then the effect on connections is negligible. To be honest this looks like descrimination against mobile gamers.

I have however been assigned as host while on satelite internet with 900 ping. That most certainly affects quality of play and should have been prevented.

I do not like being assigned as host when I know my ping is a hinderance to my squad mates and there is no way to prevent it.

On a side note, I use a desk top.

"Your ping is higher than recomended. Do you still wish to host?" and saying no would put you into a queue of looking for host.. thats all i want, I've been waiting for this option since closed beta.
Edited by Aoden

Thanks for rollback the RadialBlind,DE. but... I hope you us the Test-play in T4surv or other high-level mission before the Changes.

Slash Dash---only horizontal dash(and small damage)

Radial Blind---waste

Super Jump--worse than enemies normal jump.

Radial Javelin---only 15 swords shoot.cannot puncture enemy,wall other objects.

TENNO is "Warriors"...good f**king Joke!

• Changed loading screen/matchmaking logic to move on if after 10 seconds Client is unable to properly join/connect. Elaboration: Fixes entire squad being stuck on loading screen while waiting for low end PC to load.

AKA: Get a better computer, sadly. :(

Operation Cryotic Front

quote :

¨ Now that the operation is over I see no nodes with the Excavation mode on them.

That is a problem because I need more Cryotic to build my Glaxion but Cryotic can only be found in the Excavation mission type.

Aren't the survival nodes on the planets supposed to be Excavation mode now? ¨

this is hilarious call of duty is a fantasy game and so is battlefield and so is any other shooter like UT and quake and doom but guess what they obey LoS rules as well. act like you've played other shooters. better yet accept that they are adding more mechanics to excal and that they are moving him in the forward direction rather than giving useless replys.

I will consider that they are moving it forward, only if they wrok on his abilities, not only nerf the one that is actually usefull. 

His abilities are old, and out of place, because the game has change significantly.

There are other more broken mechanics in this game, and other frames that need balancing.

If his abilities will get a rework (not just a buff to damage or ocassional bleeding proc) to insure his survivability I don't mind nerfing Blind.

But if it is just Blnd they're going to "rework" and leave the rest untouched "for now" then I'm totally against changing it at this time, even if it will go through walls.

Total rework of his abilities : Ok no problem, balance him

Just Blind : No way in hell, that I'm gona approve destroying my fav warframe

Thank you for the Trinity change, that is perfect.

Please keep Excalibro's Radial Blind the game changer that it is today. it's his best ability- consider leaving it as is and making it his 3 or 4 ability. Plenty of 3s and 4s on other frames aren't blocked by walls.

Thanks!

PC type should not determine who hosts.

Latency should be the deciding factor. A player with 500+ latency should not be automatically assigned as host.

I've played with many laptop users, there is no difference unless they are running the game on a potato. Even then the effect on connections is negligible. To be honest this looks like descrimination against mobile gamers.

I have however been assigned as host while on satelite internet with 900 ping. That most certainly affects quality of play and should have been prevented.

I do not like being assigned as host when I know my ping is a hinderance to my squad mates and there is no way to prevent it.

"Your ping is higher than recomended. Do you still wish to host?" and saying no would put you into a queue of looking for host.. thats all i want, I've been waiting for this option since closed beta.

EXACTLY. i always have low ping and prefer to be host yet i still get put in matches with latency that makes me want to punch goats.

Thanks for rollback the RadialBlind,DE. but... I hope you us the Test-play in T4surv or other high-level mission before the Changes.
Slash Dash---only horizontal dash(and small damage)
Radial Blind---waste
Super Jump--worse than enemies normal jump.
Radial Javelin---only 15 swords shoot.cannot puncture enemy,wall other objects.

TENNO is "Warriors"...good f**king Joke!

slash dash should get increased damage, radial blind should get LoS (its a flash bang no matter how you see it its not about logic its about gameplay mechanics), Super Jump should be more like Vauban's bounce, radial Javelin should infact pass through everything in a defined meter radius. the fact that people only use excal for one skill disgusts me he has 3 other skills if you only rely on one the devs shouldnt take you seriously while his other skills also need revamping. what about me you say? on my desecrate necros i use all but soul punch, on my nova i use all skills, on my mirage i use all but sleight of hand (currently prism flight path is broken thanks to the fix they tried to give it) on my ember i use all skills etc no frame should ever be based off one skill its stupid.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

for those of you talking about this game shouldnt have logics well...

Logic 1: take enough damage you bleedout and die

Logic 2: you carry a finite amount of ammunition/weapons(during missions)

Logic 3: you cannot sprint infinitely because it is bound by stamina rules (this includes melee and blocking)

Logic 4: the suit energy has a limit just like any other advanced technology suit (so did the suit in crysis)

Logic 5: they breath oxygen and on survival when the oxygen runs out you slowly suffocate (the suit keeps minimal life signs which is why you don't die when your health has gone all the way down)

its like people don't take a moment to think. Humans design the video games so expect there to be logical mechanics and bugs errors.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

+1000

So much this.

I game on my laptop almost 90% of the time. It is a gaming laptop, with SLI, so it can handle the load. Esp when I am at home on my FiOS 25/25 connection, I am a very good host.

OTOH, when I am out and about and hook up to my mobile hotspot with same laptop, even tho I have 4G LTE on my cell, I am a *horrible* host.

I would like to have TWO toggle switches in the UI:

- Always be Host.

- Never be Host.

and selecting one would deselect the other. Two separate switches are necessary for the 3rd option, which is "No Preference".

Then, when I am at home, I don't "accidentally" join someone else's laggy game, esp on a busy alert and join the squad in progress, and get that dagnabbed "Interceptor" glitch where I can not even participate.

And then when I am out, I can set to not host, and even when I am waiting on a 0 squad node, I don't get "accidentally" assigned to be host when I am in no position to be, just because I happened to get there F1RST!!!

DE, PLEASE ADD!!! Thank you!

Sorry that I've to post here cause 14.6.0 Topic was locked.

-Improved the aiming direction of Mirage's Prism ability.

In my opinion this changed is doesn't make the Prism more easier to use at all and it make me quiet confusing at first after patched,
the old one is release at the last point we aiming and the new one is release at the first point we aiming, then we can't change the target instantly in that situation also we need time to cast it before release for ~2sec, this change make it worse to use more than improve it
-what we want is the old one, It would be great if the aiming direction of prism got revert.

Thank you for hard work.

Sorry that I've to post here cause 14.6.0 Topic was locked.

-Improved the aiming direction of Mirage's Prism ability.

In my opinion this changed is doesn't make the Prism more easier to use at all and it make me quiet confusing at first after patched,

the old one is release at the last point we aiming and the new one is release at the first point we aiming, then we can't change the target instantly in that situation also we need time to cast it before release for ~2sec, this change make it worse to use more than improve it

-what we want is the old one, It would be great if the aiming direction of prism got revert.

Thank you for hard work.

i agree there are a few things wrong with the prism direction change. its a cast time skill having it release on first point makes no sense it was correct the original way they had it *cast time - release in direction of pointer at the end of cast*. now if they meant to change it so she isnt throwing it from an awkward position they kind of succeeded but at the cost of not being able to throw it in the direction you chose and sometimes when she throws it it goes in a weird direction and no matter how i test it in different directions i come to the conclusion it does not go where I intend it to go and that in itself means its not an upgrade to the skill for me and anyone who shares the same feeling.