Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That We Have Archwing, Mechas And Giant Robots Please!

noveltyhero

Though I enjoy the thought of flying in outer space, I would hate to see mech suits. Warframes are already exo-suits. Remember that we can run across walls and stuff? Yea, dont see a Grineer doing that. But I would like to see a Corpus and a Grineer in an exoskeleton, climbing walls  and shjt.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

The moment we get giant mechs is the moment I leave. I'm sorry, but that just gets into supreme levels of silliness and adds nothing to the game in any real meaningful or fun way. Giant robots are cool for all of 5 seconds, but after that... Just no. I don't even like Archwing that much 'cause of how weird an idea it is to me.

The moment we get giant mechs is the moment I leave. I'm sorry, but that just gets into supreme levels of silliness and adds nothing to the game in any real meaningful or fun way. Giant robots are cool for all of 5 seconds, but after that... Just no. I don't even like Archwing that much 'cause of how weird an idea it is to me.

Dont worry. I dont think the devs will add mech suits. It doesnt fit Warframe. As I said, Warframes are already our combat exoskeletons.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I'll begin my post by saying that I love mecha. I love mecha of almost all forms. I grew up watching Gundam, playing Mechwarrior, Armoured Core, Starsiege, and Zone of the Enders among others. With that said, let's NOT have mecha in Warframe, atleast not for the Tenno. I can understand like one of the cargo lifters from Aliens or an oversized Moa for the Corpus. I can also understand like a really slow and bulky exoskeleton-type thing for the Grineer, but the neither of those factions require any kind of towering battle mech, and the Tenno simply don't need mechs. We're space ninjas for Lotus' sake, we can probably do more damage outside a mech then we could from inside one. (Not to mention that it doesn't fit the lore because it just would've been another thing the Sentients could've turned against us.)

I'll begin my post by saying that I love mecha. I love mecha of almost all forms. I grew up watching Gundam, playing Mechwarrior, Armoured Core, Starsiege, and Zone of the Enders among others. With that said, let's NOT have mecha in Warframe, atleast not for the Tenno. I can understand like one of the cargo lifters from Aliens or an oversized Moa for the Corpus. I can also understand like a really slow and bulky exoskeleton-type thing for the Grineer, but the neither of those factions require any kind of towering battle mech, and the Tenno simply don't need mechs. We're space ninjas for Lotus' sake, we can probably do more damage outside a mech then we could from inside one. (Not to mention that it doesn't fit the lore because it just would've been another thing the Sentients could've turned against us.)

doesnt vay hek already have one, I think a giant suit in that place where you get hydroid

Lol I never want or asked for mechas for us. As enemies though as mini-bosses of some kind and even for archwing battles I think they would be extremely exciting to fight.

Partly why I get annoyed at half of the responses, not reading the OP -.-"

I believe the OP is referring to fights like this:

Metal Gear Ray from MGR Revengeance

Warframe players could only wish they could fight an enemy so interesting with sword play that fast and interesting to kick @$$ music.  At least we can provide the music ourselves.

The only giant robots I want to see would be vehicle type stuff that would feel more like mini bosses.  There are hangars on the Grineer asteroid and Corpus Ice Outpost tilesets that could house larger enemy units.  Phobos and Earth could have larger tiles made for use with these vehicle types/robots, and there are some tiles that could fit a reasonably sized enemy unit, but not very many.  Maybe some day in the distant future, eh?

I personally prefer DE look into making the Corpus Tech, Grineer Bombard, and Grineer Napalm visually distinct as opposed to just bigger with a new paint job though.

Edited by Littleman88

DE Kary said he wanted to give us Akira style motorcycles as some point but he's both talking waaaay down the road and just as himself. I don't know how much pull he has over the gameplay direction.

Look at it this way - does this game REALLY need archwing?

Answer: No.

Is it really bad &#! that we're getting something like that?

Answer: Hell yes.

As the game ages and is developed, eventually every planet will have its own tileset.  I'd even go so far as to say the current implementation of planets having level ranges is only a temporary thing since it doesn't have much lasting importance in the long run.  Case in point: it's no secret people run T4/T3 survivals/defenses and collect mods, but what then?  This is where proxy wars and the focus system come in - real longevity is an actual issue for Warframe.  Eventually, we'll see additions to tilesets that could support things like vehicles for Tenno and their enemies.

Look at it this way - does this game REALLY need archwing?

Answer: No.

Is it really bad @$$ that we're getting something like that?

Answer: Hell yes.

As the game ages and is developed, eventually every planet will have its own tileset.  I'd even go so far as to say the current implementation of planets having level ranges is only a temporary thing since it doesn't have much lasting importance in the long run.  Case in point: it's no secret people run T4/T3 survivals/defenses and collect mods, but what then?  This is where proxy wars and the focus system come in - real longevity is an actual issue for Warframe.  Eventually, we'll see additions to tilesets that could support things like vehicles for Tenno and their enemies.

Expanding on that idea, I can't wait for the pure-friendly faction Red Veil to become involved in territory control/defense, or to have urban environments and civilians to defend during Grineer invasions. I know none of this has been mentioned on by the Dev Team as yet and a year ago I would have said it would never happen, but these days I'm convinced it's only a matter of time. If the new Grineer ships are any indicator, we will see only more serial escalation from here. Orokin Super Weapons? Actual towns and civilians that we have to defend when they're being invaded? The return of the Sentients? The Tenno equivalent of Guyver Gigantic? Archwing seems rather close, but since it isn't accessible everywhere so I don't think it quite counts. Heck, speaking of Guyver references: the Grustrag Three are already the equivalent of Hyper Zoanoids, and Zanuka is essentially an Enzyme-type with respect that it has been built specifically to eradicate Tenno. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Zoalord-expy series of enemies appear sometime in the future. 

So yeah, giant enemies and mechas? Put that one on the list. Lephantis seems like a testbed for that technology and beyond the fact we don't really have a means to melee him (this aspect of the fight needs some work, but then again we can't melee Vey Hek or Ruk either) it appeared to be a rather successful experiment given the expertise and technology they had at the time he was designed. 

Edited by Exodess

Expanding on that idea, I can't wait for the pure-friendly faction Red Veil to become involved in territory control/defense, or to have urban environments and civilians to defend during Grineer invasions. I know none of this has been mentioned on by the Dev Team as yet and a year ago I would have said it would never happen, but these days I'm convinced it's only a matter of time. If the new Grineer ships are any indicator, we will see only more serial escalation from here. Orokin Super Weapons? Actual towns and civilians that we have to defend when they're being invaded? The return of the Sentients? The Tenno equivalent of Guyver Gigantic? Archwing seems rather close, but since it isn't accessible everywhere so I don't think it quite counts. Heck, speaking of Guyver references: the Grustrag Three are already the equivalent of Hyper Zoanoids, and Zanuka is essentially an Enzyme-type with respect that it has been built specifically to eradicate Tenno. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Zoalord-expy series of enemies appear sometime in the future. 

So yeah, giant enemies and mechas? Put that one on the list. Lephantis seems like a testbed for that technology and beyond the fact we don't really have a means to melee him (this aspect of the fight needs some work, but then again we can't melee Vey Hek or Ruk either) it appeared to be a rather successful experiment given the expertise and technology they had at the time he was designed. 

Ohh god, the sheer size of Lepanthis is what adds to the intense boss fight. He is the only boss that makes me feel weak, which is what every boss should do. They should feel like a genuine threat and hopefully we will see more of that as archwings will really push the game's boundaries on new grounds and horizons :D