Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's All The Zephy Love?

HalfDarkShadow

Hello there,

So I pretty much main Zephyr, and the other day, I ran into another Zephyr player during an alert mission. At some point he mentioned how he hasn't seen another Zephyr player in a while, which made me realize he was probably the first Zephyr player I played with since update 12 when she was first released~ Of course though I know they are out there, and being from the east coast of the U.S. is in consideration.

So my question is some of your reasons on why you don't play, or don't like to play Zephyr? Is it the over abundance of Oxium you need to craft her? Or maybe just aesthetically you don't like her design? Or just simply put, she's just not your cup-of-tea? I'm sure you all have your reasons, I'm just honestly curious since with my experience, she seems like a rare spawn to see haha.

I was originally a Hydroid player for a while now, and one day on a whim, decided to craft Zephyr to try her out. Thinking though I probably wont be to crazy about her and her floaty-ness, I ended up falling in-love with my Zephy and her awesome abilities and playstyle lol.

I just recently re-started playing, so I've only had enough time to farm enough oxium for one part.  On top of that, some of the players that I run into who aren't farming oxium don't bother to one-shot the ospreys so that the resources appear.  I've been thinking of getting a regular group of players to do some Neptune and Pluto missions for oxium farming.

Edited by SullyTheStalker

Zeph is great. She's one of my favorites and a go-to 'frame for key farming and void survivals.

Other peoples' issues with her are mostly a matter of just being ignorant of how she functions or hardware related. If you're on the PC, my sympathy with your frame rate is very limited. It's upgrade or die out in the PC jungle.

Zeph is great. She's one of my favorites and a go-to 'frame for key farming and void survivals.

Other peoples' issues with her are mostly a matter of just being ignorant of how she functions or hardware related. If you're on the PC, my sympathy with your frame rate is very limited. It's upgrade or die out in the PC jungle.

I approve of that

My frame rate drops from 50-60 FPS to 20 in Void, after 10 waves. So its not about PC, its optimization.

No, it's PC.

Mine drops like a rock if I leave reflections on. It's fine if they're off. Simply an older vid card telling me it's time to hit the reserve list. Optimizations are fine and dandy, but you can usually brute force this sort of thing. It's just part of the upgrade cycle.

If DE can alleviate stress on older machines, great. There always comes a time, though, when what you want to do will dictate new hardware. Upgrade or die. Mirage and the next WoW expansion are what's driving my next upgrade. Just the way of the PC world.

I really like Zephyr. I love her mobility, her ult has great CC to it, and her turbulance is amazing for its temporary invulnerability. Much like Hydriod she was a pain to build (though not as grindy as hydriod) but shes also a very solid warframe. I like to play her as a sniper with my latron wraith and marelok. The problem is I dont have an orokin reactor on her yet. I dont buy them from the market under any circumstances so it'll be awhile before I can get my hands on one for her, especially since I have other warframes with a higher priority on reactors then her.

Zephyr's my secret favourite but I just tend to play some other frames to make sure I don't become tired of her. Aside from that, I am fed up with Divebomb not being as effective as it should be I.E. a bit more damage and hit detection. Tornado? That needs to stop flinging drops around (think it still does) and again, have a damage buff. I understand all her abilities in regards to utility as that's what I end up using them for, but damage needs some love and DB's hit detection really bothers me sometimes.

Divebombing from a great height to the dead centre of a group of multiple enemies and only 1-2 drop as a result? Not fun.

Edited by Naith