Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Ordis Was A Girl And Lotus Was A Man... Would You Still Play Warframe?

faresamir7

I kind of feel like Ordis is a male AI Laina Morris, which is only kind of creepy because I'm a guy irl.

Lotus being a guy would only make me want to punch him more, as chivalry prevents me from punching her now.

Also, according to the Mirage lore, Lotus is both capable and willing to lie to the Tenno, if she decides to. Think on that a bit.

Edited by Ryme

I've got nothing against DE_Rebecca or the Lotus...

I just think there's a problem with the dialogue and how badly it can sometimes be timed.
In the back of my mind it just gives Lotus a negative reputation. Frankly the timing has been so bad, I sometimes wish to mute her.

Lotus: "I'm detecting fire"
NetSlayer: *has been on fire for the past 5 mins*

I'm not too fond of ordis... it's a good voice.. but not the kind of AI personality I would like on my ship.

If lotus were tweaked a bit more (still WIP I hear) and if we had different AI options to replace ordis...

Then that would be pretty darn sweet.  Gender switched? Makes no difference.

They both have very balanced tones of voice currently, Lotus doesn't scream high pitch and Ordis talks soft, even when faulty, 

If they had genders swapped, I think the alternate voices would have the same level of clarity, tone etc.  

I wouldn't mind. I'd imagine the new Lotus to have a name change (because 'Lotus' feels fairly feminine - 'Rowan' or 'Adonis' would work nicely), colour change (Adonis' are red, Lotus' are blue (shhh), don't question the name choice or the Tenno'll hunt you) and voice line alterations (I'd imagine him to be sharper, more controlled, more determined and more blunt - e.g. "Corpus personnel are guarding this outpost. Kill them all."). In fact, if it happened as I've just put, I'd be more than happy to have Adonis instead - as long as one of his lines contain "It's the Grineer", of course.

As for Ordis' gender-swap, I'd imagine her to be similar (but less aggressive) to male Ordis when he's glitching out - but, when she glitches out, she gets a Lotus-esque maternal tone and related voice lines during the brief glitch periods. I'd probably guess she'd be far happier having a Kubrow on board, although maybe she gets more irritated (as opposed to male Ordis getting more tolerant) with its existence as it matures.

...I should make a thread for Adonis because that's an awesome idea there.

I wouldn't mind. I'd imagine the new Lotus to have a name change (because 'Lotus' feels fairly feminine - 'Rowan' or 'Adonis' would work nicely), colour change (Adonis' are red, Lotus' are blue (shhh), don't question the name choice or the Tenno'll hunt you) and voice line alterations (I'd imagine him to be sharper, more controlled, more determined and more blunt - e.g. "Corpus personnel are guarding this outpost. Kill them all."). In fact, if it happened as I've just put, I'd be more than happy to have Adonis instead - as long as one of his lines contain "It's the Grineer", of course.

As for Ordis' gender-swap, I'd imagine her to be similar (but less aggressive) to male Ordis when he's glitching out - but, when she glitches out, she gets a Lotus-esque maternal tone and related voice lines during the brief glitch periods. I'd probably guess she'd be far happier having a Kubrow on board, although maybe she gets more irritated (as opposed to male Ordis getting more tolerant) with its existence as it matures.

...I should make a thread for Adonis because that's an awesome idea there.

Adonis is probably the most obnoxious male name in existence.

Find me one fictional character with said name who wasn't a complete #$&(%-canoe.

Adonis is probably the most obnoxious male name in existence.

Find me one fictional character with said name who wasn't a complete #$&(%-canoe.

I've never seen or heard of anyone with the name of Adonis, in life or in fiction - so I was unaware you had such reservations for it. Enlighten us upon the subject of your displeasure with this name.

Im not sure if you realized this but Ordis is not male or female. Ordis is an artificial intelligence without gender. I actually feel sorry for Ordis being treated so badly by my fellow Tenno when hes clearly a sentiant being but thats another discussion

As for Lotus, it wouldnt matter to me if the support character was male, female, transexual, hermaphroditic, or genderless. Support characters tend to be female more often then not in the gaming industry but its never really bothered me since most games also force you to play a male protagonist.

At the end of the day, their gender is meaningless to me and I fail to see why it would matter to anyone else

I've never seen or heard of anyone with the name of Adonis, in life or in fiction - so I was unaware you had such reservations for it. Enlighten us upon the subject of your displeasure with this name.

Adonis is pretty much synonymous with male vanity of the highest caliber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonis#Modern_association_with_physical_beauty_and_youth

Only if male!Lotus was voiced by DE_Steve.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind either way. In fact, I think it'd be an interesting thought experiment to gender-flip Lotus and Ordis while keeping their lines the same. Or, hell, any other character for that matter; female Darvo anyone?

Adonis is pretty much synonymous with male vanity of the highest caliber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonis#Modern_association_with_physical_beauty_and_youth

I see your point.

Considering that (apologies for the stereotyping, but it's necessary) flowers are to girls (hence, Lotus) what war is to boys, Imperator (AKA commander, or titles along that vein) could be a useful name despite its overuse (and its use in a syandana). Animus, inferring he's the one inner piece that links the Tenno? I don't know.