Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Writes The Red Text?

DE_Adam

3,098 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My bet goes to [DE]Steve, because he was so happy when we gave him the trophy. He hold the trophy nearly the whole aftershow party of tenno live in his hands, but Red sweater Randalf could be also the redtext guy.

Anyway thanks for mentioning our Clan DE. We love you guys and your work!

Pat - Associate Producer: Creates the announcements

Rebecca - Voice of the Lotus: Proof-reads the script, adding her own punning flare.

Steve - Expert Programmer: Writes the script into the gaming code.
Randall - of the Red Sweater: implements the gaming code, making sure it doesn't clash with existing or cause crashes.

Red text did mention that he was in deep doo doo an was going to try an salvage his relationship with his wife during one of the late night hotfixes, and Randall does have a wedding ring on...sooooo.... dum dum dun!

BTW did anyone notice that Red Sweater Randall is using a Commodore 64 keyboard?

It also appears he's using Vista..... THA FUQ?

I see 3 bait names, and Pat, the producer. Everyone knows producers aren't doing anything when a patch is rolling out, so he'd be the perfect one to red-text.

That and knowing the psychology of a producer ... they can't resist putting their mark somewhere - no matter how minor - for all to see

Pat it is

Oh man, even tho it's killing me to not know who he is, part of me loves the mystery and is afraid that if we do know Red Text will lose it's soul :S.

They should make it so if we don't guess right we will NEVER know :D

I read that as : "Oh man, even tho it's killing me to not know who he is, part of me loves the misery...."

I picked Pat because it wouldn't be a programmer - they're always busy/freaking out/tired before a patch to be funny... unless they're always drunk like Steve. The "voice" sounds male in tone so not Reb. That leaves Pat, and producers usually do that sort of announcement thing.

Of course I'd also go with "All of the above" and can be completely wrong, but thanks for the fun and distraction, DE. :)