Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is [De] Rebecca? What Is Her Role In Warframe?

Aaryl

I know that she voices Lotus, as well as forum admin, and always hosts prime time and all, but I'm just curious on this one; Hmmm....why's [DE] Rebecca on top rank of everybody's? (I'm just asking! D:), is [DE] Rebecca the one to founded Warframe, or came up with an idea Warframe for Digital Extremes? :3 What is her roles in Warframe, rather than what I listed?

Please don't take this wrong, no offense! no complaints! Just a pure curiosity that came up in my mind :)

P.S - I hope I wrote this in a right thread D:....

Rebecca is our Community Coordinator. Her main role is to interact with the community, and, as a result, is the most known, most seen, and most charismatic character you will likely encounter from the staff (barring Megan, but she posts less).

I dunno... I've met the whole cast at E3 years ago... minus Megan (sadly :( ) and all of them are characters, charismatic in their own ways and styles.

But judging that Rebecca is using the avatar of the Lotus and technically as the Forum is the primary means of communicating with the community at large, it stands to reason that the person in charge of communicating with the community, has the highest "rank"...

Although really it's just the forums, so no big deal. Hahaha

She's the community coordinator.  Basically she does stuff with the community.  A lot of online games have this position to sort of put a "face to the name".  So instead of just some random admin posting about updates and events we get someone like Beccers as a way to show that DE is a company of "people" who are actual people and just a bunch of older guys who are only concerned about the bottom line and filling their coffers.

[De]Rebecca is the community Coordinator, the face of the company in a way, to the player base, along with [DE]Megan. In game Lotus is our commander, and as the voice of the lotus, in person, she is the community Matriarch. You might say that the two together, [DE]Megan and [DE]Rebecca are the twin queens of the Warframe Community.

Edited by -Malachi-

She's the community coordinator.  Basically she does stuff with the community.  A lot of online games have this position to sort of put a "face to the name".  So instead of just some random admin posting about updates and events we get someone like Beccers as a way to show that DE is a company of "people" who are actual people and just a bunch of older guys who are only concerned about the bottom line and filling their coffers.

To me that sounds like they "needed a cute, young, spunky look to the face of the game next to all these old people".

Rebecca is to Warframe what Regis Fils-Aimé is to Nintendo : when you think of either game/company, it's their faces that (usually) comes to mind, barring some others that have made an impression by themselves. Of course, Regis Fils-Aimé isn't a community manager but he's done enough showing that when you know there's something Nintendo coming up, he's likely the one to announce it or be referenced somewhere in it too.

Likewise, when there's something Warframe-related, you usually expect Rebecca (or her alter-ego Lotus) to be part of the reveal.