Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finacially Not Good!

Djenmity

I would like to start out by saying, this is a next level game and I play on PC.. I love it and looks fantastic. AMAZING JOB!

However!..I believe making us spend our OWN MONEY.. Residually is really insane when you think about the kind of money you could spend on a VIDEO GAME.. If you are not paying attention..This game could end up breaking someone bank.

Example…Things like, just changing your Alias(in game call sign), and Clan name and uploading a photo,   All costs real money to change…That is ridiculous!

And that is not even in game spending.

For most people and for myself, there is going to come a time where enough is enough and this game will go away, because no more money to put towards 1 game.

Maybe make is 1 dollar for way more platinum or something, but your pricing I believe is way too high..

I like the concept of the BUILD process ,GREAT CONCEPT!..

And unlock status.

But once again this comes down to how much money are you RESIDUALLY willing to spend on 1 video game..

We do want to support your crew, cause it is a GREAT GAME and fun to play..But then again it’s a video game, NOT A COLLEGE INVESTMENT for my SON!  Every month

Maybe have a concept of 10 platinum to every 100,000 in game currency?  5 for every 50,000.. So there is a way to play and gain platinum as well..So people will stay tuned into game even more, cause they know the more they play, they are going towards. Getting the next best thing or what they would like to buy.  Instead of eventually calling it quits cause I need to pay my bills and feed my family instead of paying for the same game every month…

Not asking you to change your concept if you are not willing , as far as cost….But at least making it affordable with the platinum.. 5 dollars for 75 platinum is INSANE!  etc….

None of these purchases are mandatory, and Platinum can be earned through trading. This is the way Free to Play games function. The game is free, but if you want the bells and whistles, you pay for it. At least in Warframe it is limited to cosmetics, slots, or getting things faster.

The benefit of Free to Play games is you chose what the game is worth to you.

Also, I recommend laying off the caps lock. It does not get your point across better, and you seem to be just capitalizing random words.

Edited by xRufus7x

None of these purchases are mandatory, and Platinum can be earned through trading. This is the way Free to Play games function. The game is free, but if you want the bells and whistles, you pay for it. At least in Warframe it is limited to cosmetics, slots, or getting things faster.

and in most F2P games you can't get the 'real' currency without paying money, winning a contest or something of the likes.

In Warframe you can relatively easily gather plat with trading (as long as you have the items other people want).

and in most F2P games you can't get the 'real' currency without paying money, winning a contest or something of the likes.

In Warframe you can relatively easily gather plat with trading (as long as you have the items other people want).

there is always something you have that someone wants, i dont currently want any prime weapons so i sell them for 5p and with most people selling them for 10 i can make a quick 50p

Sigh...there is somucb I have to say and explain about this but im on my phone and I cant type a lot...

Lets just say that I have onlyspent 15$in the game and right now I have 7800plat...and im not even using it anymore i have everything i need...and since i started playing in closed beta i only have played 740hours so no im not sucked into the game i do have a job and all.

You can very easily pile plat by playing one or 2 hours a day.

This game is actually pretty fair with its F2P model, you rarely see something quite like it.

On the other hand, if you feel player's banks are threatened by this game, you clearly haven't seen anything.

There are F2P games out there made specifically to squeeze every single penny out of your pockets, where every single element of gameplay has been studied and designed in such a way that it affects players on a psychological level. There are games where people end up spending thousands of dollars without realizing it before it's too late, with the most obvious example being pretty much any F2P game on the mobile market.

Warframe is not one of those games and that is why it gets so much respect.

It's clear you have other priorities and you should spend neither time nor money for games. Game is always a luxury commodity that not everyone "should" afford it. Play it if you have the time, pay for it if you have the money. If you have neither, then your priority shouldn't be at playing game at all.

Things like, just changing your Alias(in game call sign), and Clan name and uploading a photo,   All costs real money to change…That is ridiculous!

Other games don't give you that option at all. Want to change your alias? Go and make a new account. Want to change you clan name? Everyone abandon it and make a new one. Clan emblem? Here's a list to pick from.

Also, as others have said before, you don't have to use this. If you chose you alias and clan name well, there is no need to change them.

You could have gone and ranted about all the "hidden" cost with Kubrows, like rushing the 3h stasis recovery. But instead you chose those things for your example? Stuff that you might use once during your entire time playing this game? o.O

It's clear you have other priorities and you should spend neither time nor money for games. Game is always a luxury commodity that not everyone "should" afford it. Play it if you have the time, pay for it if you have the money. If you have neither, then your priority shouldn't be at playing game at all.

That sounds pretty elitest you know? Games are for everyone, rich or poor. You might only get an hour or two in, you might only spend a dollar or two, but you have the ability to play the game. Saying not everyone "should" play a game is like saying not everyone "should" have the internet. While both are not needed to function or survive, they make growth and expansion possible, as well as keep your sanity intact.

I think the prices are fine as is. There is little in the game that cant be made for free and the things that cant be made is purely for looks. You also have a player market, where you can buy and sell the stuff cheaper. Then theres discount options you could win. THEN theres the contests DE hosts, something not every gaming company does.

As for as the three things you listed... Why not go to a courthouse and tell us how much money it costs to change your real name to something else. While your parents choose the name you are born with, YOU got to pick the name of your character or your guild. Those who want to join your guild purely because of a name clearly wont fit with the rest of the guild.

If you cant afford to pay as a paying player, dont pay. Why not earn money/points from websites? You could buy and sell stuff on Steam for cash, you could do surveys on websites to get Karma Koin cards or whatever the other option is (Only ever used UGCs and since their gone now...). Hey, if you dont own a credit card or cant use it for online purchases, simply get a a Vanilla Giftcard from Visa or something. Costs a few more dollars due to activation fees but thats also an option.

Finally, are you saying there should be an option to turn x amount of credits into x amount of platinum? Ok, let me go grab my 5 million credits to convert... Its STUPIDLY easy to farm credits, STUPIDLY easy. In about 30 minutes you got at least 100k credits, if not more. No one would buy credits anymore because they could just go to a planet, farm for a few hours, have all the credits theyll ever need to convert to platinum. Trust me, I use to play a game that allowed that. That company is no longer around because people refused to pay for Diamonds (Their form  of Credits).

Play void, get prime parts, sell for plat to other players.

What other players? I play by myself i do not play with a cummunity of friends. That might be more sufficient for kids that have a 1000 friends that play with them?  And you usually on have a couple of people in your squad as you play at a time..

No one really talks or answers..I have never heard anyone offer or ask of this trade situation.  So if this is common, then I am not aware of the party place?

That sounds pretty elitest you know? Games are for everyone, rich or poor. You might only get an hour or two in, you might only spend a dollar or two, but you have the ability to play the game. Saying not everyone "should" play a game is like saying not everyone "should" have the internet. While both are not needed to function or survive, they make growth and expansion possible, as well as keep your sanity intact.

When someone is financially troubled, then the matter is no longer about what they want. Do what you need to do first, then you are free to do what you want.

I think many of you, have missed what I was trying to say, and took instant offense to something that was suppossed to constructive..

I simply was suggesting maybe bring the price grades down some, or another ave of getting them

Edited by Djenmity

Also, I recommend laying off the caps lock. It does not get your point across better, and you seem to be just capitalizing random words.

I am not sure who you are to recommend me to do anything , in regards to how or what I say...I am sure I have earned in my lifetime, to type how I would like to say something, to get my point accross. If you do not have anything constructive to say, then please go make immature comments to someone else. By the way, you replied...

What other players? I play by myself i do not play with a cummunity of friends. That might be more sufficient for kids that have a 1000 friends that play with them?  And you usually on have a couple of people in your squad as you play at a time..

No one really talks or answers..I have never heard anyone offer or ask of this trade situation.  So if this is common, then I am not aware of the party place?

Trading channel. Every player online in your region can access it, you don't need to be friends with them or in the same party as them. You can trade for platinum there, so even if you don't want to pay you can still buy slots/cosmetics. 

When someone is financially troubled, then the matter is no longer about what they want. Do what you need to do first, then you are free to do what you want.

Very nice Rekkou!.Ha

Edited by Djenmity

I think many of you, have missed what I was trying to say, and took instant offense to something that was suppossed to constructive..

The way you phrased it came off as inflammatory.  More to the point, I didn't see anyone taking offense, but rather explaining to you what you apparently don't know.

I personally agree that plat is too expensive (Warframes costing the equivalent of $10-$15), but I also feel I'm in no position to tell the developer how to price their goods.  The game is free to play, but there is still money to be made, or the game will fall apart or simply shut down.  I think if a weapon sells for 170 plat, then a warframe should be no more than 200.  

However, now that I've learned how the game functions (for all intents and purposes), I don't really need the plat I have except for weapon slots (though I dislike charging plat to add inventory slots) and warframe slots.

Since I'm a PS4 player, I tend to buy plat with the renown packs, so that's $8 for 170plat, plus an item or two (usually decorative).  IF I buy renown pack 2, that will be $16 for 340 plat...not bad, IMO, especially if you're frugal with it.

Edit: Also the thread title "Financially not good" has a connotation of saying the developers did a bad job with their pricing structure, when you (and I) are not in a position to dictate such things.

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83

I am not sure who you are to recommend me to do anything , in regards to how or what I say...I am sure I have earned in my lifetime, to type how I would like to say something, to get my point accross. If you do not have anything constructive to say, then please go make immature comments to someone else. By the way, you replied...

Everything I said was in direct response to what you posted. I would say that is constructive.

By the way, you didn't use capitalized words in your response.And the reason I recommended avoiding this is because, when you type like that, people will jump to conclusions about you and your post without fully reading it. It is a constructive criticism.

The way you phrased it came off as inflammatory.  More to the point, I didn't see anyone taking offense, but rather explaining to you what you apparently don't know.

I personally agree that plat is too expensive (Warframes costing the equivalent of $10-$15), but I also feel I'm in no position to tell the developer how to price their goods.  The game is free to play, but there is still money to be made, or the game will fall apart or simply shut down.  I think if a weapon sells for 170 plat, then a warframe should be no more than 200.  

However, now that I've learned how the game functions (for all intents and purposes), I don't really need the plat I have except for weapon slots (though I dislike charging plat to add inventory slots) and warframe slots.

Since I'm a PS4 player, I tend to buy plat with the renown packs, so that's $8 for 170plat, plus an item or two (usually decorative).  IF I buy renown pack 2, that will be $16 for 340 plat...not bad, IMO, especially if you're frugal with it.

Edit: Also the thread title "Financially not good" has a connotation of saying the developers did a bad job with their pricing structure, when you (and I) are not in a position to dictate such things.

I see your point, but understand we are in every position to voice or opinions about everything, cause if it were not for us as the customers, they would not have anything.. So I have every right to voice my opinion..I was not telling them to do anything, at the end of the day its my choice to keep playing or not. Thanks I do appreciatte all the advise though about other aspects I did not know..

Everything I said was in direct response to what you posted. I would say that is constructive.

By the way, you didn't use capitalized words in your response.And the reason I recommended avoiding this is because, when you type like that, people will jump to conclusions about you and your post without fully reading it. It is a constructive criticism.

Well noted..Thanks for your reply