Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Ironskin Over Nerfed?

Calikhan

Question

After the latest updates and patches it seems the Rhinos Ironskin Ability seems to be almost worthless now i can't even take out a room of people with out it going down. Is this a Over Nerf, or a much deserved beat down after the hole exposure not effecting it thing?

Like I said: "Alll the empirical evidence provided by other posters so far suggests IS has not been nerfed, short of a player specific bug."

I've used rhino in T4 and there was no noticeable change. Iron skin was gone in a few seconds. Since this thread was made I have also used Rhino in T4 with the same mod set up: Once again, no noticeable change.

So unless its player specific all the evidence provided by what other players have experienced and have shown actual data values for, suggests no change. My money is still on the placebo effect.

so not saying your wrong. But how would you mod to increase iron skin for those that never had a problem but do now. with out having to sacrifice the other preramiters of one's build.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I use rhino p to farm orkin cells from Ruk all the time.  Farmed 10 cells just last night.

I have not noticed any difference in how fast he burns through IS.

Why would you run a frame with as high of a conclave as rhino for boss runs if you don't have a true invincibility option?

Why would you run a frame with as high of a conclave as rhino for boss runs if you don't have a true invincibility option?

Because you can stand in front of Ruk and just shot when he exposes his weak spots.  The immunity to knock down is another plus.  It is just lazy way of doing it.

You are pretty much invincible against him.  With Iron skin costing only 20 or so energy to use you will always have it up.

I don't use Rhino on bosses that doesn't have weakness exposure mechanics.  On bosses with those (like Lt. Kril and Ruk) it is just easier.

Edited by Karamethien

Because you can stand in front of Ruk and just shot when he exposes his weak spots.  The immunity to knock down is another plus.  It is just lazy way of doing it.

You are pretty much invincible against him.  With Iron skin costing only 20 or so energy to use you will always have it up.

I don't use Rhino on bosses that doesn't have weakness exposure mechanics.  On bosses with those (like Lt. Kril and Ruk) it is just easier.

^This. Before when I needed cells I would farm Ruk with my Rhino Prime and kill him within 5 minutes or less. I would only need to cast Iron Skin maybe twice.... But Rhino is one of my least used frames.... So again... My 10 cents.

Boss level scales with conclave and rhino prime has the highest conclave (though valk isn't far behind).

The way I go for killing bosses quickly without a challenge is pick a low conclave frame like nekros, unequip sentinel/kubrow, sidearm, and melee and just run a dread or latron.  Any boss gets downed pretty quick when your conclave is 600 and you have a death ray in your hands.

Maybe Gold isn't a good material to armor yourself with in the first place (Rhino Prime, I'm staring at you)...

Or the Corpus sabotaged our "iron" industry. 

Boss level scales with conclave and rhino prime has the highest conclave (though valk isn't far behind).

The way I go for killing bosses quickly without a challenge is pick a low conclave frame like nekros, unequip sentinel/kubrow, sidearm, and melee and just run a dread or latron.  Any boss gets downed pretty quick when your conclave is 600 and you have a death ray in your hands.

Or just grab a Trinity/Volt.

Trinity: Two abilities, 75%+ of the boss's health down.

Volt: X30 crit damage? Oh yeah.

Edited by jjpdn

I have my Rhino Prime set up to maximize his ironskins armor and I don't use overextended or any corrupted mods, i use Flow,  Streamline, & intensify.

Again i know it is not taking the same damage it was i don't care if you think it's not different i know its weaker, i'm not taking any where near what it was before the change

I have to agree completely.....i have used Rhino for 90% of the game because iron skin has always been so effective......now it is basically worthless, which makes rhino worthless. I even tried using blind rage to maximize the IS, something i never had to do before, and it is still as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop. Pretty upsetting after the reactor and formas used to get him right where i wanted him....now he is going to collect dust while i try to make someone else useful.

Haha this topic was quite fun to read.
Stuborn people are always funny...
Im sorry if I'm being rude but seriously, facts are what they are : facts. So if they say there was no nerf then there was no nerf, end of story. Now if someone finds a fact that proves that there was a nerf, then there was a nerf, untill then good luck with the "is iron skin good" debate.