Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nikana Stance?

RoboticApplesWithLasers

Question

I thought they were just adding more combos to the existing stances.  A third stance is a bit unnecessary unless they a) add more weapons that use those stances b) make it a much easier to find option (which will probably be less powerful then).

I thought they were just adding more combos to the existing stances.  A third stance is a bit unnecessary unless they a) add more weapons that use those stances b) make it a much easier to find option (which will probably be less powerful then).

Yeah, I hate options as well.

The Nikana is such a spoiled weapon; it is DE's 16 years old blonde bimbo brat who always gets her way.

Meanwhile, poor Daggers are their ginger step-children living in a closet under the stairs...

Edited by Brimir

Pretty sure it was this, and not another whole new mod

Would be nice to see other weapons get this love.

Glaive needs a dmg buff and MOAR stances so desperately.

Funny how both Nikana and Venka are getting new stances and red-headed stepchild, the Glaive, has the lone stance and less than stellar stats.

Edited by RawGritz

Probably drops from Vek. Also know as Vay Hek.

No. It drops from J-4 Golem.

Funny how both Nikana and Venka are getting new stances and red-headed stepchild, the Glaive, has the lone stance and less than stellar stats.

What about a machete stance?

According to the animation clips Geoff showed a few Devstreams back, the new Nikana stance would follow the style of reverse hold. Since both current stances has little space left for combos I think it's natural for them to cram it into a new mod.

But yeah, other stances needs new combos badly. Many of them only have one combo (two if you count the E mashing)

You could tell right away that it was a whole different stance already.

By a) Our current stances already have enough combos and the animations shown were just the minimun ammout a stance generally have.

And b) The grip was completely different, from the very first few swings.

Apparent the Kestrel doesn't exist.