Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players And The Bow

(PSN)webreezy

We've been getting all these new weapons of all sorts and kinds, but I personally would like to know when we will see a new Bow and Arrow come into the game. There are numerous rifles, shotguns, snipers, but only three bows (excluding the Paris Prime). The bow gives a different play style to the game and as much as I love my dread, and have maxed out all the other bows, I was just wondering if you guys were ever going to create a new bow.

Some faction based bows would be cool imo (Grineer, Corpus, Infested, etc). Not sure how they'd fit into the lore but if I mean if the Corpus apparently made the Obex, a hand-to-hand gauntlet/feet weapon (do the corpus strike you as the hand-to-hand combat type?), then something like a bow doesn't really seem out of the realm of possibility from my perspective. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I think we're done with bows for a while. We have all 3 physical elements represented, and they seem more interested in new mechanics for weapons than for rehashes.

I *do* think we might have an archwing bow somewhere down the line, but it hasn't been mentioned yet.

EDIT: Oh. I missed that stream. Never mind.

Edited by Llyssa

Concept art devstream showed a bunch of bows that they have conceptualized. Hopefully they do another, but I don't know how it would fit with the others since we already have a impact, slash, and technically two puncture bows. I would love one that can get a higher crit chance than dread (without putting critical delay on it of course.)

I wouldnt mind a tenno styled compound bow, I think that would be pretty cool.

The paris is a compound bow, so I would love to see a Yumi styled bow in the game and couple it with huge crit. This would be one of my favorite weapons, but they have to get it right.

Edit: As I wrote this someone posted the image, Number 5 is the Yumi style I would like in the game but not necessarily that exact concept.

Edited by FREQ1989

JC_BowIdeas.jpg

From Devstream 37.

Keep in mind that it doesn't mean that they will be released anytime soon.

there is no they. Its simply concept art for 1 bow they were trying to capture an appearance for. They might use a few of them, but I think this is just a chart of art they drew up, and had someone pick from them all what the bow would look like.

Currently we have the Dread which is really compact and kind of simple, and we have the Paris Prime which is implausibly elaborate and seems to be trying to be both a bow and a shield (and honestly looks kind of bad these days due to its early poor implementation of "gold").   What I would love to see is a recurve that is bigger than the Paris Prime nock to nock, but very slender and graceful.  Have the limbs fold up to make it more compact on our back, but the unfolded size should be a good 1.5 meters.   All of the concepts in the picture above are too bulky and too sinister.  I want an "elvish" bow that implies rather than shows its high technology.

Stats should be:

Damage: 125

Charge time: 0.75 second

Crit chance: 40%

Crit mult: 2x

Status chance: 60%

This gives it less damage than the other endgame bows and no chance of red crits, but better status performance and faster draw time.

Edited by Momaw

Concept art devstream showed a bunch of bows that they have conceptualized. Hopefully they do another, but I don't know how it would fit with the others since we already have a impact, slash, and technically two puncture bows. I would love one that can get a higher crit chance than dread (without putting critical delay on it of course.)

The paris is a compound bow, so I would love to see a Yumi styled bow in the game and couple it with huge crit. This would be one of my favorite weapons, but they have to get it right.

A new bow could fit. For example. A Corpus Hunter bow where the string, and arrow is made of pure energy, and does electric, or fire damage. Like maybe the arrow of pure energy shocks you, or the arrow of pure energy sears through your body as it punches through like a super intense heat laser.

Edit: As I wrote this someone posted the image, Number 5 is the Yumi style I would like in the game but not necessarily that exact concept.

Where did you get the name Yumi from?

A friend and I were just talking about this the other day. He loves bows and the infested style weapons and was hoping for an infested bow to show up sooner or later.

Great. Now I need an infested bow that shoots toxic arrows.

My mind will not rest until it happens. Darn you!

I want a purely elemental Bow. Screw Slash and Puncture. Slash is overrated and Puncture proc seems too week.

I can see the possibility for fire, electric, and poison in the future... The others are extreme long shots. MAYBE Viral

Edited by Arlayn

Bows: Paris, Paris prime, mk1 Paris, Cernos, Dread

Snipers: Lanka, Vectis, Vulkar

Obviously omitting weapons no longer available. Just sayin, snipers should be up first IMO.

lets be honest... its only Paris,and Mk-1 Paris is just a super weak paris. So its more like Paris, Cernos, and Dread.

lets be honest... its only Paris,and Mk-1 Paris is just a super weak paris. So its more like Paris, Cernos, and Dread.

Paris prime has a completely different look and stats. It should be counted separately, since there's no resemblance besides the name. Plus if we're not counting trash tier weapons, snipers are down to two. I'm not trying to argue, a new bow would be nice, just found it interesting OP specifically mentioned how we've gotten "numerous" snipers...

Edit: I forgot, Attica is officially a bow now too, right?

Edited by AM-Bunny

Paris prime has a completely different look and stats. It should be counted separately, since there's no resemblance besides the name. Plus if we're not counting trash tier weapons, snipers are down to two. I'm not trying to argue, a new bow would be nice, just found it interesting OP specifically mentioned how we've gotten "numerous" snipers...

Edit: I forgot, Attica is officially a bow now too, right?

Lanka, Vectis, and Vulkar are still snipers. What are you talking about down by two? Also Attica is a Crossbow. Huge difference in design, and function. Mk-1 Paris is a beginner copy of Paris with weaker stats, and Paris prime is a stronger version of Paris, but is a Prime.

Lanka, Vectis, and Vulkar are still snipers. What are you talking about down by two? Also Attica is a Crossbow. Huge difference in design, and function. Mk-1 Paris is a beginner copy of Paris with weaker stats, and Paris prime is a stronger version of Paris, but is a Prime.

You obviously misread my post. And I'm bored with this de-railment. My sincerest apologies, and fingers crossed we'll see a sniper *and* a bow added soon.

You obviously misread my post. And I'm bored with this de-railment. My sincerest apologies, and fingers crossed we'll see a sniper *and* a bow added soon.

de-railment? This is actually on topic. I think you misunderstand the entire situation. This is still talking about the future of bows on Warframe. Just based on a what do we have more of, and should other weapons be more of a priority over bows type deal. Which is still the same.

A friend and I were just talking about this the other day. He loves bows and the infested style weapons and was hoping for an infested bow to show up sooner or later.

interesting. we already have a bow for every damage type.(slash.impact.puncture) maybe we can get an elemental based bow? Toxin would be nice IMO