Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Slot Removal, Yay Or Nay? (Poll Inside, Vote So De Can See What The Majority Thinks)

Sebastianx

That's exactly what the change boils down to.

No, no it doesn't. The change features far more things than just the removal of 2 mod slots. If this was a balanced poll, the creator of it would have explained ALL the changes, and not just the "downside" that only affects one trick ponies while everyone else who plays with more than just one ability will get "buffed".

So no, the change does NOT boil down to that one thing. And that's why the DE devs will look at that poll and this thread and say "Wait, the OP didn't explain a damn thing about the change. This poll means very little."

No, no it doesn't. The change features far more things than just the removal of 2 mod slots. If this was a balanced poll, the creator of it would have explained ALL the changes, and not just the "downside" that only affects one trick ponies while everyone else who plays with more than just one ability will get "buffed".

So no, the change does NOT boil down to that one thing. And that's why the DE devs will look at that poll and this thread and say "Wait, the OP didn't explain a damn thing about the change. This poll means very little."

No, it really doesn't. The change boils down to a reduction of two slots. OP doesn't need to explain all the information that leads to that result as there is already a thread (and numerous others) that do this. Even if you play with all your abilities, the fact is that after this change you will have 8 slots. All the 'well you don't have to equip abilities so it is good' arguments do not change that fact that it is still a change from 10 to 8 slots.

No other aspect of this change is exclusively tied to this reduction. All the changes could occur if DE decided to let us keep all the slots. And the downside affects any builds that used 1 or less abilities. And as I said, it is still a decrease in slots from 10 to 8.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

The charge really has no positive effect for me, i take the time to forma, am allrdy using 8 slots for non ability mods, but i guess there giving me back the useless abilities that i went out of my way to remove, only ppl who benefit is the non forma crowd or beginners, so everyone stop painting it up like its a positive change for everyone.

No, it really doesn't. The change boils down to a reduction of two slots. OP doesn't need to explain all the information that leads to that result as there is already a thread (and numerous others) that do this. Even if you play with all your abilities, the fact is that after this change you will have 8 slots. All the 'well you don't have to equip abilities so it is good' arguments do not change that fact that it is still a change from 10 to 8 slots.

No other aspect of this change is exclusively tied to this reduction. All the changes could occur if DE decided to let us keep all the slots. And the downside affects any builds that used 1 or less abilities. And as I said, it is still a decrease in slots from 10 to 8.

So basically, everything that makes this change a good thing is null and void according to you, the OP of this thread, and that poll. Gotcha. Sadly though, the devs will not agree with this way of thinking.

And, even if there are other threads on the matter, a poll is supposed to show BOTH OPPOSING SIDES, and not just the opinion of one side. Argue all you want - that's how a balanced and justified poll works. Both sides are given light. But it doesn't matter. This thread is akin to Fox, and thus asking for a simple, balanced discussion and poll is out of the question.

The charge really has no positive effect for me, i take the time to forma, am allrdy using 8 slots for non ability mods, but i guess there giving me back the useless abilities that i went out of my way to remove, only ppl who benefit is the non forma crowd or beginners, so everyone stop painting it up like its a positive change for everyone.

I've played this game since its PC beta. I use no less than 3 abilities per warframe, and have forma'd my warframes multiple times. This change does not just "benefit beginners". It simply doesn't benefit YOU, and thus YOU are against it. Nothing more, nothing less.

You may all continue. I've said my piece. *leaves*

Edited by SoulEchelon

Yes it does benefit beginners , they get 4 abilities plus 8 slots for non ability mods without forma , in the current system they get 4 ability slots and 6 slots for non ability mods , so yeah whatever. My bad i misread, thou it still benefits beginners alot more than it benefits me, ive allrdy done all the hard work.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

So basically, everything that makes this change a good thing is null and void according to you, the OP of this thread, and that poll. Gotcha. Sadly though, the devs will not agree with this way of thinking.

And, even if there are other threads on the matter, a poll is supposed to show BOTH OPPOSING SIDES, and not just the opinion of one side. Argue all you want - that's how a balanced and justified poll works. Both sides are given light. But it doesn't matter. This thread is akin to Fox, and thus asking for a simple, balanced discussion and poll is out of the question.

I've played this game since its PC beta. I use no less than 3 abilities per warframe, and have forma'd my warframes multiple times. This change does not just "benefit beginners". It simply doesn't benefit YOU, and thus YOU are against it. Nothing more, nothing less.

You may all continue. I've said my piece. *leaves*

No, everything about the change that is good is independent of the removal of two slots. I never actually expected DE to check this poll. I was actually hoping they'd see it and decide to runt their own.

This poll is void of an opinion. It literally just lists the barebones of the change being disputed. 8 vs 10.

If all it did was benefit some and not affect others I would have no problem with the change. The issue is that while it benefits some it negatively affects others. Anyone using 1 or less of their abilities is basically being punished for playing the way they wanted. This is why I support the idea of letting us keep all ten. That way at the worst, some players are left with their builds intact, and at best some players get 4 extra slots. My aversion with wording this poll or anything in the OP the way you clearly want it is that it leads to the stuff I'm seeing in other threads where people are arguing against us keeping all ten purely because they're either unaffected or this already benefits them. They don't care that some of us are going to have our builds harmed by this change and that by letting us keep all ten that could easily be avoided.

There is no upside to removing 2 mod slots, so why bother explaining everything, that's the only thing debatable here, because everyone agrees with the removal of ability mods, but no everyone agrees with the removal of 2 mod slots.

Your poll is incredibly skewed against the change.

Instead of explaining exactly what's going on with the update, you simply posed the question "Do you want 10 mod slots or 8 mod slots?" and of course everyone who hasn't read up on what the changes truly are, are going to pick the former.

I don't particularly 'trust' polls like these on these forums in the first place, since it usually heavily favors those that are against changes.

That's mostly because the most vocal and active users regarding these changes will always be the ones that don't like it.

If you look at the forums right now it's full of threads against the change, because those people feel that it's a bad thing.

Those people that either like it or don't care won't create such threads, maybe not even bother reading the threads of the opposition either, resulting in that the polls are more favored towards those that oppose change.

At least that's what i think

No, everything about the change that is good is independent of the removal of two slots. I never actually expected DE to check this poll. I was actually hoping they'd see it and decide to runt their own.

This poll is void of an opinion. It literally just lists the barebones of the change being disputed. 8 vs 10.

If all it did was benefit some and not affect others I would have no problem with the change. The issue is that while it benefits some it negatively affects others. Anyone using 1 or less of their abilities is basically being punished for playing the way they wanted. This is why I support the idea of letting us keep all ten. That way at the worst, some players are left with their builds intact, and at best some players get 4 extra slots. My aversion with wording this poll or anything in the OP the way you clearly want it is that it leads to the stuff I'm seeing in other threads where people are arguing against us keeping all ten purely because they're either unaffected or this already benefits them. They don't care that some of us are going to have our builds harmed by this change and that by letting us keep all ten that could easily be avoided.

^ THAT reminds me of my Ash, he uses NO abilities, because I like to use him as a pure weapon frame, all things on him are survivability, utility and speed mods...so I'll lose 2 mod slots on him, can't see how that's gonna affect me in a positive way.

I don't particularly 'trust' polls like these on these forums in the first place, since it usually heavily favors those that are against changes.

That's mostly because the most vocal and active users regarding these changes will always be the ones that don't like it.

If you look at the forums right now it's full of threads against the change, because those people feel that it's a bad thing.

Those people that either like it or don't care won't create such threads, maybe not even bother reading the threads of the opposition either, resulting in that the polls are more favored towards those that oppose change.

At least that's what i think

You're talking as if you're a modern day's Robin Hood, and so are all those that want the slots to be reduced to 8. It's like taking from the rich people (guys that had the time to put 5-6 formas on their frames to min-max for 1 ability) and giving it to the poor. BUT it's not really that, it's more of a "hey, why can that guy cast Vortex 2 times at half the cost it takes me to cost 1, they also last 3 times as long and have double the range, and I can't? DE PLEASE NERF THOSE PEOPLE, I WANT THEM TO PLAY ON MY LEVEL" attitude.

So please, I'm fine with your play style of using 4 weak abilities, but that doesn't mean you're allowed to scream at us to come down to your level, just because we like a different play style.

1. I completely disagree. With mods having multiple ranks and various mods cancelling each other, there is plenty of room for experimentation.

2. Not really. All this does it make players even less likely to equip support/utility mods. I also fail to see how this will change the meta.

3. The fact that DE didn't go in and stop speed nova from existing kinda lends credit to the assumption that DE has no issue with it. From what was said in the livestream it sounds like they're trying to help prevent players from feeling like they have to choose between an ability and another mod. I don't remember them saying anything that sounds like they're against specialization.

4. You're attempting to create a difference where none exists. Sonar Banshee is no different than Speed Nova. Both are very specific builds with specific goals. Speed Nova can also be incredibly useful for speeding up farming and is far from the only ability capable of being used for trolling.

5. I fail to see how it does. As far as I can tell it is only slightly related due to it being a change that affects abilities. 

Again, this change has very little to do with this and it isn't going to change the meta. Giving us access to all of our abilities isn't going to stop players from specializing and ignoring their unwanted abilities.

I am completely confused as to why you feel the need to discuss ability improvements in a thread where it is completely irrelevant. 

That is a discussion for a completely different thread.

1) fair enough. That point is very debatable I agree. But experimentation is definitely no encouraged.

2) It does set things in motion as it highlights the whole issue even more. It won't kill the "meta" as it is now, but it has a lot of potential to lead to diversity over then running with a few specific options that outclass everything else.

3/4)Not really. DE didn't do anything about the asinine amounts of launcher ammo or God-mod blessing for ages. It still wasn't intended to stay forever, so they removed it (eventually). I never said they were against specialization, there is a vast difference between that and throwing your frame and power dynamic on its head. Which is why I made the distinction to sonar focused banshee and speed nova because they are very different. You see as banshee is now you can't play with any broken mechanics or negative values and you can choose to focus on sonar (which is my main build for her) in a number of ways by running power strength mods and duration. You can do that however without removing her other abilities which are still very useful even on a focused build. They take a bit of a hit and sonar stands out, but options are available.

The reason this is connected to potential fixes is that it can lead to them. Like I said, the problem you are having is a symptom of a much bigger problem: Useless abilities and imbalances. As such its very relevant if you look beyond the immediate issue.

True this is a discussion for another thread. But its something to consider both sides.

I'm not happy some players are losing slots. But I'm happy that most of us are effectively gain slots.

The end result is DE cannot please everyone. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I've honestly never ran a single-ability build for anything other than tactical alerts. I've considered that route on a couple of frames (Frost and Nova), but never actually went below two when I had finally made my decision.

So, while I feel for the min-maxers, I'm actually looking forward to this change, since my builds will all be getting more abilities and/or more mod slots.

Once DE implements universal abilities, though (Radial Blast anyone?), I'm sure that the frames with one or two unreliable abilities will be able to set up a nice 4-ability kit.

You're talking as if you're a modern day's Robin Hood, and so are all those that want the slots to be reduced to 8. It's like taking from the rich people (guys that had the time to put 5-6 formas on their frames to min-max for 1 ability) and giving it to the poor. BUT it's not really that, it's more of a "hey, why can that guy cast Vortex 2 times at half the cost it takes me to cost 1, they also last 3 times as long and have double the range, and I can't? DE PLEASE NERF THOSE PEOPLE, I WANT THEM TO PLAY ON MY LEVEL" attitude.

So please, I'm fine with your play style of using 4 weak abilities, but that doesn't mean you're allowed to scream at us to come down to your level, just because we like a different play style.

I didn't say anything about your playstyle though?^^

Yes, i am for the change, though i do understand why some people don't like it

All i said was that these poll votes or even the forums in general usually are mostly made up of those opposing change.

This isn't even about this change in particular but more generally a problem with these polls (imo)

I'm fine with the slot change. Anyone asking to keep the extra 2 slots while warframe abilities no longer take space are asking for too much--they're spoiled rotten. It's balance. It's the equivalent of going to a pawn shop, showing them the item yet not trading it in, and walking out with the money anyway.

The best balance to appease this audience in a way that may actually be helpful is to mark those rarely used mods as Utility mods, and give them their own custom slot alongside the aura mods.

I say this as a player who has every warframe both prime and standard, warframes with forma counting from 2 to 7, and I'm actually happy this change is coming.

If you used a single-ability build, you lose one mod, but gain three abilities stacked into that same slot. This build would not be possible in the old system. If you wanted to use more than 2 abilities, your build would have been badly gimped in the old system--our current system. Instead, a multi-ability build is more viable, and encourages players to have fun and see the variety the developers worked so hard to implement in the game, and bring rarely used abilities into the public view.

The new ability system aims to give players freedom and choice, and removes the doubts developers and players have of whether or not players have an ability equipped.

This could lead to better reworks. If an ability needs a buff in the way it functions yet there's no balanced way to add the feature into the same ability, a synergy can be created between two abilities. The developers can do this now because we will always have all four abilities on us.

You want Overheat back? It can come back as a synergy. You want Volt to cast Overload faster? That too. You want Frost's Freeze to be better? It can happen now. Venom? How about viral Venom that spreads. Many reworks will be possible with the possibility of this new synergy.

Also, some warframes can just be more fun. You want a Trinity buff? Instead of equipping Blessing and Link or Energy Vampire, you can now use both because the new upcoming build allows for more mods with this build. What about Ash abilities besides Bladestorm, doesn't that sound fun? Every warframe will be that much more fun.

And for what cost? Almost nothing. The single slot you lost has three abilities crammed into it. It actually feels like a net gain.

Yes, the players are spoiled--and also blind. They're not seeing the wonderful potential behind what they're gaining.

Edited by MechaKnight

From what I understand, the Design philosophy behind Warframes having 10 slots+1 Aura was down to the assumption that 4 of those were reserved for your abilities; in practice, 6+1 Aura. In light of the proposed change, where Abilities are innate, we then have the following issue compared to every other item we can mod:

Primary Weapons: 8 Slots.

Secondary Weapons: 8 Slots

Melee Weapons: 8 Slots +1 Stance slot.

Sentinel Weapons: 8 Slots

Sentinels and Kubrows (No idea, never got myself one) have 10 slots as, like Warframes, their abilities are slotted into those 4, assuming you have precepts you want them to use.

Ergo, the removal of Abilities as mods leaves a bit of an elephant in the room; either Warframes keep 10 free slots+1 Aura, or they come down to mirror our weapons, namely melee, in mod layout. Else, one would be able to argue that all things should have 10/11 slots purely because it 'improves build diversity'.

However, that's not actually what's going to happen. Give people 10 free slots on anything, I'll put money on their first thought being either 'More Damage' or 'More Survivability'. Being able to tack on a few more zeros to your power, or shave off a few zeros on incoming damage, seem to the be the 'choice' people make when it comes to the Meta as I understand it as an abject outsider.

People saying we 'keep the 10 slots but make 2 into Utility only' are perhaps missing the irony; the current proposal gives us the absolute freedom we currently enjoy with our weapons, to build as we want, within a perfectly workable space. By saying 'you have 10 slots but its really 8+2 Utility' you're forcing people into an 'ok, fine, I'll slot Maglev already' scenario. Or, more likely, they won't because they'll either Forma it for something more useful, be it Quick Rest or whatever, or they'll not use that slot at all because the point cost they demand would interfere with the rest of the build.

Yes, the 1 or Less Ability people are losing out a bit here, and I offer my sympathies on that one. However, in the greater line of having the use of mods being pretty much the same across weapons to begin with, it seems reasonable that they want to 'reduce' the available slots to 8. 8 is the magic number we've been used to using for everything else after all. Considering that, those who like myself use all Abilities wherever possible, have been working on a 6+1 Aura system, this is a good change.

10 Free slots, compared to the 8 for everything else? Is that really necessary for general play, or is it mainly something people want in order to have more shots at the Endless modes beyond the point they're actually 'balanced' around?

In the end, I am more than certain that people who want to hyper-focus on certain abilities are more than capable to continue to do so.

Me? I've got 2 new slots I need to figure out what I want to do with when this goes live.

In short: The Design team have always had a hard cap of 8 Mod Slots for all things that aren't Warframes with Abilities, which are 10/11 in theory, 6/7 in Design intent. By removing Abilities, the choice to reduce to 8 is merely an extension of an existing limit we have been working around for the time I've been here (started during Cicero, if wondering).

Keeping Warframes at 10 wholly free slots would create a disparity with all other gear in terms of modding limitations, potentially leading to debates on why guns and melee can't have 10 slots. Suggestions that these 'extra' be 'Utility only' would simply lead to people not using them at all because many Utility mods just don't hold a candle to other options in a free slotting set-up.

People can still hyper-focus, if they so desire, they're just playing with one less card in the deck. Anyone like myself who typically uses all four has gained two cards.

Happy hunting folks, and enjoy your returned Forma/new slots.

Oh, and the converted ability mods to cores. Everyone's going to be happy about that, right?

I always see these posts, start typing some long-winded response, then stop myself from posting, thinking "Why bother?". But lets have some fun this time...

QUOTE :D

To begin, let’s take a quick look at some dev philosophy:

Each Warframe has 4 unique abilities. The current Ability Mod system means players sometimes sacrifice an Ability (or more) in favour of a different mod, leaving a Warframe’s power set incomplete. The next phase of Warframe Abilities aims to maintain a complete Ability set for every Warframe that is based on progression, while offering more choice for modding. Fundamentally, this new system improves versatility without having to sacrifice any Abilities.

10 mod slots. 4 of them are power slots. 6 slots for other mods. That was the intended set up.

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! WHY MAKE FORMA?!

1) I don't have to say it, DE did >_>

2) Forma were released when Auras didn't grant mod points. That meant if you wanted to max out Redirection and Vitality, and still throw on some other mods, you were using a forma to actually fit your maxed mods. Now with Auras intact, it still sticks because we have Corrupt mods and some fun rare mods, like Quick Thinking, that cost another 15 points alongside the 28 point sum of Redirection and Vitality.

I know. I know.

YOU'RE WRONG! IF THAT WERE THE INTENTION, WHY MAKE IT SO POWER-POLARITIES COULD BE FORMA-ED OUT?!

That's a good question. Goes against the original intentions, but why not test it? See how it pans out? And with Forma being in the game since Update 8 (23rd of May, 2013), I'd say it's been properly tested and the results are in: no gusto.

BUT WHY NOT LEAVE THE 10 SLOTS?! IT RUINS MY BUILD/FUN/MIN-MAXING! LET ME PLAY MY WAY!

Now this is always the painful one. Not the MOST painful one, but like...the second most. Intentions were for the player to have 6 spots on the frame to play with for mods. 6. 6. And there are players that want 10. To be honest, be glad you're getting 8. That's called compromise. And compromise doesn't always happen. (In case anyone was curious, 10 is called laughable.)

BUT THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN!

This is the MOST painful one. The unpopular truth about once it hits this level. (I've actually been on other side of this post in a previous game. If you care to read, go ahead and click dat spoiler button.)

I used to play Champions Online (Champs or CO for short). A lot. For those that don't know, CO lets the player design a super hero and select up to 14 powers out of a large variety of powers to flesh out their character. This lil story revolves around a special type of power: passives. Different passives do different things, like increasing physical melee damage, increasing health regeneration rate, or increasing healing done to others. The effectiveness of passive powers scale with Super Stats. There are 7 main stats in the game: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Endurance, Intelligence, Recovery, and Presence. Each character would have 2 Super Stats, specializations, that would steadily increase at a faster rate than their other stats. At one time, passives were governed by specific Super Stats. So say your passive increased physical melee damage. Well that passive scales with Strength, so the odds are pretty high that one of your Super Stats is Strength, or you're asking for a bad time.

And then one day the company announced that every passive would scale with Super Stats regardless of what that Super Stat was. The decision was made to better reflect the original intentions of the dev team.

There were lots of arguments that it'd break the game. That it'd no longer be playable. Too much freedom. Too little control. I argued against it for a LONG time. People threatened to stop playing. It'd no longer be fun. I pretty much complained until one of my good friends pointed something very important out...

They're not asking.

MIND. BLOWN.

That's what it comes down to. A fully staffed company. Staff meetings about new content. Data on what has and hasn't worked. Possible in-house PAID testers. Recognized intentions of devs and other staff. A confirmed (as opposed to "possible") design council.

This isn't something that they just thought of yesterday (or at least I'd hope not). No, it's probably suffered scrutiny inside the company for at least a few months.

Quote :D

A new system is coming with our next major update, read on to learn about the next plan for Warframe Abilities!

That isn't a question. It's a statement. The decision has already been made. This is happening. Now there's only two real options at this point that we, the players, are quite capable of making: to complain about what we're going to lose (and possibly quit the game) or to plan on what we're going to have.

This is what's in store for us in the sea of updates.

The choice is yours, Tenno.

Sink or Swim

Edited by Eerekai

3. 'obviously unintended effects or mechanics' Such as? If DE didn't intend for us to be able to forma out ability slots they wouldn't have given us the ability. And DE's intent with corrupted mods was exactly what it is that we use them for. They made sure to avoid certain big issues by capping efficiency and even changed heavy cal when it became obvious that it wasn't properly hindering all weapons.

4. Why would DE try to get rid of specialist builds (one trick pony insulting)? How does this change do anything to prevent players from building around one of their abilities while ignoring the others?

One thing I'm glad you mentioned is the HEINOUS assumptions that players make about DE's intentions regarding game design.  Everyone seems to know what DE did or didn't have in mind when creating something, how it was supposed to work, but "Great Zeus' Gallbladder, Rebecca!! They are using forma on ability slots!! Who'da thunk it?"   Pfft.

Basically, all I see is a bunch of people assuming that the entire system is broken or exploited by min/maxers, and only they, the chosen few, know how this game is supposed to work.  Hell, not even DE knows that supposedly.

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal

^ THAT reminds me of my Ash, he uses NO abilities, because I like to use him as a pure weapon frame, all things on him are survivability, utility and speed mods...so I'll lose 2 mod slots on him, can't see how that's gonna affect me in a positive way.

So to you, he's the Master Chief :)

snip

1. The whole mod system encourages experimentation. The issue is that many players just adhere to the meta and then blame DE for not kicking them in the pants for doing so.

2.  Removing 1-2 slots doesn't add to diversity, it reduces it. One ability builds will have to sacrifice a mod so they can still fit all their power augmenting mods.

3. I'm of the opinion that DE wouldn't have touched the launcher ammo if not for all the people complaining. And Blessing being changed was inevitable as soon as DE started purging all the invulnerability. I'm surprised Electric Shield is still invulnerable and duration based. I really don't see how Sonar and Speed Nova's are different. Both builds use mods to build in very specific ways. The fact that Nova is purposely lowering power strength doesn't make it any different. Just like Saryn builds that lower duration. What broken mechanics? I don't see why you're assuming that negative values are different/more broken than the regular positive ones.

I never said the other abilities where inherently useless. Just that:

1. I don't want them.

2. I don't need them.

3. There are other mods that would provide me with more benefit.

4. They become useless once I've min-maxed one of her other abilities.

DE could buff weapons without having to f*** up numerous builds of mine while rewarding other players for choosing to not specialize/forego abilities completely.

I'm getting so tired of this line. Yes, DE can in fact please everyone with this change. The first step would be not removing two slots. Suddenly there goes 80% of the complaints. Next step would be giving us the ability to underclock abilities. There goes another 15%. And finally, give us the ability to turn off abilities. Now the complaints are effectively 0 with a few uninformed people complaining about things that aren't actually happening. While the 'they can't please everyone' line is USUALLY correct, it is completely incorrect here where the majority of the complaints revolve around our builds being messed up. The only thing about this change that is messing up builds is the removal of two slots, the removal of purposely lower ranked mods, and the potential removal of forma'd slots. 

snip

So we're spoiled because we liked having builds? I am 99% sure that if DE was taking five slots away all the 3-4 ability users would be raging too.

My zero ability builds sacrificed those abilities so I could use those utility mods. Those builds are having two slots taken away from them which really just leads to me using even fewer utility mods.

Yes yes, we all know that we're gaining abilities. How many times do we have to explain that if we were willing to forma them out/just not equip them it should be obvious that we don't want them? I didn't want to use two abilities or more so the point is irrelevant. I specifically built my builds so that they only used what I wanted. 

All this speculation of yours is irrelevant to this thread as it could still exist without DE taking two of our slots away. Very few people are arguing against DE taking ability mods away. The big argument is over the removal of two slots. These two changes do NOT have to be tied to each other. We can have one without the other.

one to two slots is a massive cost for the addition of three-four things that I specifically DID NOT WANT IN MY BUILD. I'm getting so tired of you people acting like we should be kissing DE's feet for allowing us access to stuff we didn't want at the cost of things we DID want.

The blind one is you who are telling us we should be happy that DE is spitting in the faces of those of us who dared to specialize in one ability or use none at all. 

I know. I know.

YOU'RE WRONG! IF THAT WERE THE INTENTION, WHY MAKE IT SO POWER-POLARITIES COULD BE FORMA-ED OUT?!

That's a good question. Goes against the original intentions, but why not test it? See how it pans out? And with Forma being in the game since Update 8 (23rd of May, 2013), I'd say it's been properly tested and the results are in: no gusto.

Why are you assuming that you know what it is that DE intended? Did DE confide in you? I highly doubt it. The point still stands that if the possibility had not been intended to exist, they wouldn't have given us the ability to forma out our ability slots.

What about the reduction from 11 (1 aura, 10 mods) to 10 (1 aura, 9 mods) <-- with this everybody can be happy. or not?

Nope. That would still leave my ability-less builds with one less mod.

I voted "I don't care" because it won't be a drastic game changer to me if they go through with this or not.
Even though only a few frames have more than one ability that is useful in end-game content, losing a single mod slot(or possibly two) won't kill the others.

This is what's in store for us in the sea of updates.

The choice is yours, Tenno.

Sink or Swim

I think this is interesting, sinking under the new updates or swimming away before being dragged dragged down.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

Nope. That would still leave my ability-less builds with one less mod.

Well... what % of the people use no abilities? say me :v
I want to make a solution so DE can take away only 1 slot, and with this the people who use 1 ability is still happy with the change.
P.S. I will be happy if DE leave the mods slots at 11 (1 aura, 10 mods).

Well... what % of the people use no abilities? say me :v
I want to make a solution so DE can take away only 1 slot, and with this the people who use 1 ability is still happy with the change.
P.S. I will be happy if DE leave the mods slots at 11 (1 aura, 10 mods).

Why does the percentage matter? The fact is some of us exist, and our builds having slots taken away can be completely avoided by letting us keep all ten slots. That situation would be a win-win for all, no one would come out of that with less than they started with.