Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm A Little Slow. . .

Renjenku

So recently I found out about the whole ability mods being dropped from the game. I tried searching around for a question I personally had but couldn't find the answer.

Q: Since warframe abilities will be unlocked depending on warframe level, and abilities level up by how much it is used. What happens to our warframe abilities that have already been leveled up by hundreds of fusion cores? When update 15 hits will our maxed out abilities still be maxed out or will we have to level abilities again? Apparently theres forma refunds if you changed the polarity of the slots being removed but I'm assuming there is no refund for all the fusion cores poured into the ability mods?

Sorry if this has been answered, please direct me to the answer.

Fusion Cores into ability mods?  These things are only rank 3 mods, so I would level them up with any other sort of duplicates and save fusion cores for more value mods that will take many more mods to get up to rank 10.

Though, it was mentioned in the last dev steam that previous mods would be turned into cores in some way, but they haven't finalized what exactly will be done with them yet and informed the player base.

All I can say is, what stalker... I mean "Soon".

So recently I found out about the whole ability mods being dropped from the game. I tried searching around for a question I personally had but couldn't find the answer.

Q: Since warframe abilities will be unlocked depending on warframe level, and abilities level up by how much it is used. What happens to our warframe abilities that have already been leveled up by hundreds of fusion cores? When update 15 hits will our maxed out abilities still be maxed out or will we have to level abilities again? Apparently theres forma refunds if you changed the polarity of the slots being removed but I'm assuming there is no refund for all the fusion cores poured into the ability mods?

Sorry if this has been answered, please direct me to the answer.

DE answered that abilities will only be set to zero for frames built after U15.

It was stated that the current ability mods would be turned into fusion cores. No word on how that is going to work just yet. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325551-warframe-ability-mods-coming-changes/ check here for more information.

As for keeping your ability mods at max rank, I shall assume that yes when the conversion is done you will have your abilities at max rank.

According to DE_Rebbeca, those abilities will still maxed.

NOTE: If you had already maxed or ranked Ability Mods, you will not be affected by this. This applies for newly acquired Warframes post Update 15.

Correct and.....

Pretty sure they said that if your warframe is already at max rank, your abilities will be maxed out for free during the transition. 

Correct.

I'm also wondering if they planned to avoid one-ability-spammers... :p

Lots of Nekros with maxed desecrate & nothing else...

Depending on the mission, that desecrate spam is a boon. I do it in survivals and my team rarely has to leave a good defensive position to chafe down life support. That said I welcome the change. It'll be nice to pop off a good terrify to help out every once in a while.