Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Animations 50 Plat?

Nyrakav

Got to agree. At most 10 plat would be reasonable.

Then again, there ARE fairly massive visual tweaks - but the fact they're already assigned to other Warframes that the player has to buy at least slots for kinda ruins any argument about pricing. I feel like you ought to reconsider this move, DE.

For a reused animation... That you can get for free on selected frame. 15-25 plat is more than reasonable.

In all fairness it required a bit of work on the devs part to get those animations working properly on other frames.

It wasn't just a quick little job for them to do.

At any rate, we aren't going to come to some wonderful agreement on this.

In all fairness it required a bit of work on the devs part to get those animations working properly on other frames.

All frames use the same skeletons.

I dont think they did any fixing at all.

Maybe when it comes to putting in numbers when it comes to height but the way height works in this game doesnt seem to be separate thing per model.

Maybe when it comes to putting in numbers when it comes to height but the way height works in this game doesnt seem to be separate thing per model.

Rhino using various Agile animations clearly shows that they did not do any major fixing.

Yes, frames with Ash animation even do that "Smoke Cloud" no-weapon idle. I won't be surprised, if warframe with implanted Limbo animations will tip his/her non-existing hat

Actually I don't believe they aren't just the bigger smaller versions of the same skeleton.

The frames seem to have somewhat different height/length proportions to their limbs and torso.

So it takes a bit more work to transfer certain animations properly between them.

Rhino using various Agile animations clearly shows that they did not do any major fixing.

Yes, frames with Ash animation even do that "Smoke Cloud" no-weapon idle. I won't be surprised, if warframe with implanted Limbo animations will tip his/her non-existing hat

Heck, none of my frames are doing their own idle animations right now.

The while thing is still unfinished and buggy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a question-If it was just some super easy to do money grab why did they take so long to do it?

Edited by Ronyn

Every frame, to my knowledge uses the same skeleton. Meaning every frame should use the same animations with little-to-no clipping or visual conflict. Should. I could be wrong.

Heck, the idea actually came from a player who figured out a way to swap animations between frames. They all worked seamlessly iirc.

Then again, nobody remembers any of the anims except for Ember dual pistols so there are probably buggy animations that slipped through anyway.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Agree with the original post. The prices of a single animation from another frame is just outrageous.

I luv you Warframe but yeeesh! I think you need to look at this again and rethink those prices. Severe reduction needed.

Agreed. There are plenty of things this game generates money from with Platinum. Some items I can understand the prices, but some I do feel are a bit ridiculous. 50 Platinum is way overpriced for animations that were already in game. If anything animations associated with Warframes that were already unlocked or at least frames that were purchased with Platinum, should be unlocked for all Frames. At most I would say 10 - 15 Platinum is what I would be willing to spend on them. I love this game, and have spent a ton of platinum already. More "real" money than I have probably spent on any game except maybe Everquest 2. Trust me, I am more than willing to dish out for more in-game content. Hell I still have a list of things that I want to buy from the Market, but 50 Plat for a single idle-animation? No way. Make it 50 Plat for a bundle of all male frames, and 50 plat for all female frames and I would buy both right now, for both my account and my daughter's.

I'd like to point out that we all lived happily when we did not have the ability to buy idle animations, and we will endure with idle animations at 100 plat each, because they don't do anything, and even if every single mission I go into had everyone running a Mirage idle animation I would NOT notice because I'm too busy shooting.

Why is this an issue?

If no one is paying Plat for them, DE will probably produce "bundles" instead. We are already voting with out wallet, just WAIT.

I'd like to point out that we all lived happily when we did not have the ability to buy idle animations, and we will endure with idle animations at 100 plat each, because they don't do anything, and even if every single mission I go into had everyone running a Mirage idle animation I would NOT notice because I'm too busy shooting.

Why is this an issue?

If no one is paying Plat for them, DE will probably produce "bundles" instead. We are already voting with out wallet, just WAIT.

Agreed. Voting with the wallet is the best way to get a point across. But none the less it is a nice feature added to the game, that I personally wouldn't mind paying for. I'm just simply stating that the price per animation is high enough that I just can't justify it no matter how bad I would like to get some of them. I've bought Warframes, Weapons, Reactors, Catalysts, Color Palettes, Syndanas, and more. Paying for items is not an issue. It's just the price vs value that keeps me from it. But like you said, I guess waiting is all anyone can do if they do.

Mind you this is a forum, for all players who enjoy this game and who all can use to express their opinions on all aspects of the game. Players are free to disagree with Devs decisions just as much as they are free to agree with them. One thing I notice about the Warframe forums is any time someone disagrees with the Devs decisions, the community gets up in arms to defend them. "Devs gotta eat..." is a very common reply I have seen as I browse the forums. I have no doubt that they eat plenty. And their success is very well deserved. This is simply one hell of an awesome game. But for some people to act as if they are starving artist is absolute nonsense. 

Why is this an issue?

I think more of the issue people are unhappy is that these are animations other players will hardly see mid combat, so to stake the price to the equivalent of a Syandana, which is something much more noticeable is just wrong. These are idle animations, not actual cosmetics. So the price tag doesn't equal the value. But your right, its best to vote with out wallet to change this.

And for those saying that it took the devs a lot of work to produce these animation crossovers, all frames share the same rig, or skeleton. Each share similar rig bone size, the only altered areas are the mesh itself of the warframe. All this is, as it seems to me, is combining all the rig animations into a central group so they are all accessible. I played around with some meshes of Valkyr and Volt and posing them in the same postures doesn't alter them that much, and there isn't much clipping, unless you use some of the larger frames like Rhino of course.

Animations should be made available to all frames you currently own, get a new frame, you also unlock their animations and made available to all other currently owned frames. I'm not paying 50 platinum for them. They should've been free.

Stop pulling S#&$ like this DE ffs.

Edited by __Kanade__