Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Feedback By Einde : The Perfect Exemple Of Good Ideas Spoiled By A Bad Design.

LascarCapable

Dunno if anyone has found and posted it here yet, but I just found a way for Limbo to pick up items inside of Cataclysm.

1. Place Cataclysm

2. Make sure there are some items inside the bubble.

3. Stand over the items

4. Activate Rift Walk

5. Deactivate Rift Walk

At the point of Deactivation, I guess you are put into the physical plane, cause that exact point is the only time you can pick up the item. I imagine this can work on allies as well, but thats a real hassle for a single item

Can't say this is TOO useful, but...its something i guess...

I'll try that later. Good discovery though.

I'm sure that everything that can be said about Limbo has been said, and now all that is left is for DE to get out their changes.

Hopefully there will be some hotfixes over this weekend.

I wouldn't expect anything over the weekend. I would expect it on Wednesday for 15.1.

It hurts me to write that basically every kind of bonus Limbo can take to a team is always wasted by stupid users.

The Rift mechanic must changes, there are no other solutions.

i agree. A Warframe's abilities should be instantly understood, and the players should have no problems adjusting to it immediately. Even now, I still see allies trying to melee Banished units...or even trying to kill enemies while being banished...

I'm sure that everything that can be said about Limbo has been said, and now all that is left is for DE to get out their changes.

Hopefully there will be some hotfixes over this weekend.

Yeah, I just hope that they come up with changes that meet everyone in the middle. Been playing Limbo passed few days and see his strong points. But I also see his weaknesses. I kind of wish we had a thread with a bulleted list of everyone's ideas because there are so many on the same topic. I'm sure DE has been taking notes though. Just have to wait and see for now.

Yeah, I just hope that they come up with changes that meet everyone in the middle. Been playing Limbo passed few days and see his strong points. But I also see his weaknesses. I kind of wish we had a thread with a bulleted list of everyone's ideas because there are so many on the same topic. I'm sure DE has been taking notes though. Just have to wait and see for now.

DE_Adam made a thread in the developper workshop suggestion. I guess people may (and should) also post their ideas here.

Limbo is one of those frames that is cursed with relatively selfish abilities. He has the capability of being a team player, but often times it would be considered as trolling by others (Banishing players, Cataclysm when someone else is fighting at range etc...).

As for Banishing players, making a portal where the player was originally banished that the banished player can use to exit the rift plane is a great idea. Banish has the capability of being one of the most team work based abilities, it just needs to give more options for the team. A Banished person should not have to depend on Limbo to exit the rift.

As for Rift Surge, it would be nice if it was easier for the whole team to join in on the multipliers. My idea for Rift Surge is for Limbo to "Create an area where both planes come together. When in that area, the energy of the colliding planes amplifies the damage of all those inside the epicenter and allows those to damage both planes." That pretty much means that Limbo creates a bubble where any player inside can damage on both planes (as long as inside) and their damage is multiplied. The multiplier is based on where the player is, not the enemy. A downfall is that the players inside the rift surge can now be damaged by enemies on both planes. So someone can sit inside of the Rift Surge and snipe enemies outside it and still get the bonus. Probably the most important part of this ability change is that it gives an easy way for team mates to easily join in the rift fight when they want, or can run around in the normal plane.

Going to point out, Limbo is complete nothingness, its a realm where everything is nothing; so the fact he isn't able to put enemies in Limbo (good way to hold enemies at bay for reviving allies) is stupid, when I heard Limbo, I imagined a cool new area where the ability takes you that basically allows you to do...NOTHING! 

Well if at least the damage values of cataclysm would all scale with power strength, also the in/out damage. Also the skill description says taht theres a second violent exlosion at the end of the effect, it also shows but I think it doesnt deal damage. Might be a bug, maybe it should be 2x blast damage + in/out damage that is dealt.

Also having rifted enemies debuffed in the rift would be a great addition, or putting a DoT on rifted enemies as they cant handle the unstable rift like Warframes do (we actually regenerate energy in the rift).

Edited by Genoscythe

I've thought of an odd idea for Cataclysm that I actually haven't seen yet, not sure if anyone will like it but I'll state it anyway.

My idea is that when placing Cataclysm, you would put down your huge bubble area, but instead of just putting enemies into the Rift plane your unstable tear in dimensions would rapidly (~twice a second possibly) alter between the normal plane and the Rift plane. Since the enemies would be constantly switching planes, they can be fired at from either plane from the outside, and also since they would be constantly switching planes this means they would take damage constantly as well due to how switching planes works. If the reasoning behind Banish was applied (switching planes knocks down enemies) then enemies inside of this new Cataclysm would be constantly knocked down as well. Having Rift Surge increase the plane swapping damage with its multiplier as well would be great (could even increase Banish's damage) This suggestion would make Limbo's Cataclysm a great zoning ultimate, cutting off an entire entry way for enemies due to its giga range.

Edited by GreyEnneract

Banish has a lot of players split. Some want it AoE, some like it single target. I'd suggest make the number of banished based on Range.

Riftwalk is perfect as is.

Rift Surge is kind of pointless. It only affects banished enemies, and the only time there are enough banished enemies to make it worthwhile to use are when you use Cataclysm. So basically it's a Cataclysm boost. This power needs to be replaced. I'd suggest a CC ability, maybe like a banish that targets enemy weapons, like a short duration Radial Disarm.

Cataclysm should be damage over time to enemies too.

You know what i hate.

1. The only reason this is popular is because that your a community mod.

2. The fact that a moderator is encouraging complaining Which is what this really is on forums

3. The fact that people like you cant accept things the way they are.

4. His powers are useful maybe you just can't play him good.

5. The fact that you want a rework for a frame out for less than a week.

6. By You Posting this you're just encouraging more people to do the same.

7. Because you are a mod People dont feel like disagreeing or speaking up

This cannot be tolerated Limbo is a good frame if you don't agree don't use him. 

God forbid we have feedback in a feedback forum.

From what I've seen of his abilities, I don't feel any particular desire to play as Limbo. He just seems to be more gimmick than anything.

My two cents for reworking limbo.

Rework banishing and unbanishing by making it so when you shoot at a target with a single target weapon. You transfer to that targets corporeal form (entering the banished state this way will only keep you in that form for 5 seconds with a refresh every time you damage a banished target).

Banish can be kept by limbo as he can freely move enemies in and out of banishment. Teammates affected by the ability stay banished for the duration. Or until they damage an unbanished enemy with a single target weapon, in which case the above banishing rules apply until re banished manually.

Keep rift walk as is (limbo will be unable to change back to the unbanished state by shooting an unbanished target when under the affects of rift walk but can go back by reactivating rift walk)

Keep his 3 (can't remember the name)

Change cataclysm to rift rounds. (25 or 50 skill) for the next 3 seconds. Enemies damaged by limbo's primary or secondary are banished (for a reduced duration for balance reasons. 5 seconds at base?).

Well if at least the damage values of cataclysm would all scale with power strength, also the in/out damage. Also the skill description says taht theres a second violent exlosion at the end of the effect, it also shows but I think it doesnt deal damage. Might be a bug, maybe it should be 2x blast damage + in/out damage that is dealt.

Also having rifted enemies debuffed in the rift would be a great addition, or putting a DoT on rifted enemies as they cant handle the unstable rift like Warframes do (we actually regenerate energy in the rift).

Someone suggested to get rid of Rift Surge and making it a passive effect for all enemies in the rift. I also suggested as an alternative change to slow down enemies inside the rift while speeding up yourself and allies inside the rift (see original post). Those two ideas may be good ones IMO.

Someone suggested to get rid of Rift Surge and making it a passive effect for all enemies in the rift. I also suggested as an alternative change to slow down enemies inside the rift while speeding up yourself and allies inside the rift (see original post). Those two ideas may be good ones IMO.

Agreed. Been using Limbo a lot the past few days in coop with my g/f and kid and feel Limbo is good as is, with the exception that he needs a passive buff to take affect in the void, or like you suggested some status affect like slow enemies in the void etc. The only thing about slow enemies in the void is I would feel like it would be like a copy of snow globe. But yeah Limbo needs to have an advantage in the void and should be able to share this advantage with his group so they don't hate him when they are brought into the void via banish or cataclysm. Also items need to be able to be picked up in the void or cataclysm needs a toggle. Waiting for cataclysm to expire so we can pick up items is really annoying and slows down the gameplay a lot. Rift Surge could be replaced with anything else. Maybe something like a direct damage or DoT ability.

Yup, in the end we need to make rifted enemies weaker and more affected than molecular primed enemies, but the fact that allies have to be rifted to deal damage and cant pick up stuff while in rift makes limbo a troll rather than a supporter or damage dealer, this needs to be solved.