Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Many People Who Used 0-1 Powers Popping Up....

quietcanary

And I actually feel really bad for them...

maybe someday soon a mod can be added that takes away powers for extra slots or something akin to a potato that does the same? Or some way to gain slots like we gain poles through forma?

Don't change it back though. im sorry but I, and most everyone else don't want that. Being able to use all my powers and sometimes even getting a slot I hadn't had before or even 2 is so gratifying.

Im sorry that your playstlyes got messed with so hard though peeps out there. Don't let the ragers on these forums from letting DE hear your voice, even if I don't really agree.

I'm confused what the problem is? On almost all frames I play I would use only 1-2 powers at most and I don't see anything wrong with this change.

I still only use 1-2 powers but it's nice having the remaining ones for free. And I have some extra slots now for other mods without penalties or having to forma them.

Were people polarizing the ability slots for extra mods to use? If so then yeah I guess I can understand some of the frustration but... it seems somewhat trivial to me.

Edited by Seraphyx

Seems like a half measure so far.

Thanks to DE for making the buttons always work. There are definitely a few places and cases where I'll use them. As long as one set of mods affects all powers on a frame though we'll all be making 1-2 power builds more often than not and whether we like it or not. And that one set of mods to affect all powers, still must be balanced for all frames simultaneously? Nah. Their work here is not done.

Edited by VKhaun

um.... okay there leighwong... two of those words... I don't think those mean what you think they mean... and about being wrong... im not, so reread it? Maybe don't be such a try-hard-h8er? How does everything posted anywhere on these forums find these people...

If you don't get it ill explain real slow. If you used less than 2 powers aka 0-1*, or 2>(if that's not doing it for ya) lost slots. So if you used 1 power... you lost 1 slot. if you used 0 powers... you lost 2 slots...

*That's in the title and everything so if you missed it I cant help you.

You actually have more options now.

Some folks just abused the previous mechanic for one-trick pony builds despite warnings from the community that changes in mod slots and mods might render this sort of behavior...unwise. And so it has come to pass.

Those a bit more thoughtful of potential fundamental game changes tended to forma the bejeezus out of the mod slots with no polarity. In the present system, that means you generally just end up with more energy than you know what to do with (I have several 'frames with up to 10 extra energy even fully decked out). Think of it as future proofing.

Regardless, the new system is much, much better and I, for one, am enjoying it immensely.

Its not just that the total slots were lost, its that creating those frame builds required grinding those frames from level zero to 30 so many times.  In my case, that was 46 times, and its is kind of a crappy move the give back forma's as though those are worth anything near as much as the affinity grinding.

Back in Dungeon Defenders, people used to make multiple builds of the same class, but stacked with totally different gear. For example, a Huntress with maxed points in traps, and a huntress just for high weapon damage.

They would start a game, lay down high power, high number charges traps, flip to the weapon one, and just keep recharging the traps. This gave you the best of both builds as long as no traps went to zero charges and had to be replaced, as the weapon Huntress would have bad traps.

The slot argument is similar. Players saw what seemed like a valid tactic allowed by the current mechanics, and used it.

I can see why they might be annoyed, but they used a tactic that was not a directly intended, and foreseen use by the devs, and basically, DE closed a "shortcut", rather then a "tactic" in an update.

I actually think the new ability system is a good start. Best thing in U15, in my opinion.

I'm more confused by the number of players with Lv30 frames who don't use a single ability the entire mission. Other than for aesthetics, why play that frame? It actually makes gameplay boring even from a teammate's perspective.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Apparently the OP is being facetious, and pretentious.  Wrong too.  The only people who lost out, are those who used only 1 ability.  They lost a utility slot, whereas everyone else had no net change, so no confusion.

People who used one or none of their abilities lost one to two slots.

I actually think the new ability system is a good start. Best thing in U15, in my opinion.

I'm more confused by the number of players with Lv30 frames who don't use a single ability the entire mission. Other than for aesthetics, why play that frame? It actually makes gameplay boring even from a teammate's perspective.

Each frame has different stats, some even have special properties. Whether or not it makes the game boring is a matter of opinion. 

You actually have more options now.

Some folks just abused the previous mechanic for one-trick pony builds despite warnings from the community that changes in mod slots and mods might render this sort of behavior...unwise. And so it has come to pass.

Those a bit more thoughtful of potential fundamental game changes tended to forma the bejeezus out of the mod slots with no polarity. In the present system, that means you generally just end up with more energy than you know what to do with (I have several 'frames with up to 10 extra energy even fully decked out). Think of it as future proofing.

Regardless, the new system is much, much better and I, for one, am enjoying it immensely.

No, the amount of options we now have has been decreased.

From 10272278170 to 260932815 if my math is right.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Each frame has different stats, some even have special properties. Whether or not it makes the game boring is a matter of opinion. 

Ehh, it just strikes me as odd that you'd pick Valkyr and never use Warcry, Hysteria, or even melee once over the course of 30 minutes, considering how those stat differences are fairly minor when it comes to long-term combat (with one of the exceptions actually being Valkyr because of her massive armor stat). And especially when those abilities help you and your team survive.

For example, I get irritated when I'm playing with a Rhino or some other class with big AoE and we're getting swarmed by mobs. I tell the teammate to use Stomp to clear the mess.

Silence. No response.

The Rhino promptly goes down and I have to revive him. 

And it's not because he was out of energy, either. The dude just never attempted to clear the pod once.

I know using frames on looks alone is subjective, as is the decision to use abilities or not. Thus, I am not in a position to tell people to use their spells (unless it's a scenario like the above, which happens more often than I'd like to admit). But I find it strange that you wouldn't throw the occasional Stomp or Shock or whatever out there to make life easier for you and your team, especially since the abilities are what gives each frame a lot of its character.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Ehh, it just strikes me as odd that you'd pick Valkyr and never use Warcry, Hysteria, or even melee once over the course of 30 minutes, considering how those stat differences are fairly minor when it comes to long-term combat (with one of the exceptions actually being Valkyr because of her massive armor stat). And especially when those abilities help you and your team survive.

For example, I get irritated when I'm playing with a Rhino or some other class with big AoE and we're getting swarmed by mobs. I tell the teammate to use Stomp to clear the mess.

Silence. No response.

The Rhino promptly goes down and I have to revive him. 

And it's not because he was out of energy, either. The dude just never attempted to clear the pod once.

I know using frames on looks alone is subjective, as is the decision to use abilities or not. Thus, I am not in a position to tell people to use their spells (unless it's a scenario like the above, which happens more often than I'd like to admit). But I find it strange that you wouldn't throw the occasional Stomp or Shock or whatever out there to make life easier for you and your team, especially since the abilities are what gives each frame a lot of its character.

Wait, who said I don't melee? I melee, I just don't use her abilities. I don't need my abilities to keep myself alive, and if my team is relying on my abilities to stay alive either they're bad and we're playing really high level content or our squad was carefully crafted and that is never the case (I almost exclusively solo-queue/PUG.

Sounds like that Rhino is bad.

I don't do it because I don't need it. I can honestly say I have never found myself in a situation like the one you described while playing my no-abilities builds. Post U15 I don't even touch my zero-ability builds because I'm trying to play the game to have fun, not spend the entire time pissed.

Wait, who said I don't melee? I melee, I just don't use her abilities. I don't need my abilities to keep myself alive, and if my team is relying on my abilities to stay alive either they're bad and we're playing really high level content or our squad was carefully crafted and that is never the case (I almost exclusively solo-queue/PUG.

Sounds like that Rhino is bad.

I don't do it because I don't need it. I can honestly say I have never found myself in a situation like the one you described while playing my no-abilities builds. Post U15 I don't even touch my zero-ability builds because I'm trying to play the game to have fun, not spend the entire time &!$$ed.

Oh, I wasn't referring to you in particular :x

I can see your point. Relying on abilities to survive = bad team seems like faulty logic to me. Not on your part, but for how the game is designed. I feel the game should be balanced around having to use abilities to enhance your gameplay but not as a crutch, which is a lofty goal and one that not everyone will agree with me on.

Oh, I wasn't referring to you in particular :x

I can see your point. Relying on abilities to survive = bad team seems like faulty logic to me. Not on your part, but for how the game is designed. I feel the game should be balanced around having to use abilities to enhance your gameplay but not as a crutch, which is a lofty goal and one that not everyone will agree with me on.

I completely agree.

On some frames I was using one ability; I lost a utility slot, but nothing major. For every other frame I used two abilities, so no net change. I'm really on the fence on this issue, especially since the ability augments turned out to be mods that we'd have to fit into our mod loadout somehow, which has gotten 2 slots smaller.

Some folks just abused the previous mechanic for one-trick pony builds despite warnings from the community that changes in mod slots and mods might render this sort of behavior...unwise.

"Abused"?  "Abused"??!  "This sort of behavior"?!  It was abusive to simply play the game the way it was?  Was there some unwritten, common courtesy rule that said it was cheap or wrong to not equip all four abilities?  It was our choice.  How on earth was it abusive to choose to sacrifice abilities for utility?  It was a legitimate tradeoff.  Less abilities, more survivability.  What's wrong with a one-trick pony build?  It gave us more freedom and more customization options.

I admit I have not been affected yet, as I am on console.

I made the misfortune of forma'ing 2 Valkyrs so that I could have 1 Valkyr with 1 or No ability builds (Valkyr no ability build made Gate Crash Endurance easy mode) and another Valkyr that utilized all abilities except Paralysis.

So basically 1 Valkyr centered around Paralysis and another Valkyr that was Paralysis free.

The loss of the slots really only hurts my Paralysis only Valkyr.

BUT I will not have a reason to have 2 Valkyrs. So one Valkyr is a total waste and loss.

Any other players that had multiples of the exact Warframe with varying mod polarities is also at a loss, but I think that is a Mich smaller community the 0-1 ability players that only lost 1-2 mod slots.

I'm not sure what direction DE is really going with the Mod slots....they remove 2 slots but ate trying to encourage us to use Augmentation mods in strengthening a single ability. (They could have left 2 Augmentation only mod slots still technically granting us 10 slots+1 Aura. But they gave us some Augmentation mods that from the reviews I have read do not look like they can compete for a spot on the 8 mod load out.)

Then there is the awkward limitation DE imposes on Power Strength not allowing Transient Fortitude and Blind Ragebto be slotted simultaneously. They are both corrupted mods so chances are having both equipped will make it difficult to counter both negative effects...why can't they just let is build around the effects. (Hoping this gets changed so all three Power Strength mods can be stacked like all 3 duration mods can be stacked.)

I won't believe anyone telling me that zero-ability builds are a thing out there in warframe.

So all what is left is people telling us, one slot more for utility is the holy grail of diversity.

So diverse that (ab-)using only one ability is so exiting.

I don't force people how to play. The devs just did. Cheers.

So people who are using more >=2 abilities are either happy or neutral and those who used less are not happy.

REALLY SURPRISING.

And people are even arguing.

As if either side would give up their advantage.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. I'm going to assume the underlined is sarcasm and that the very last line is you misunderstanding what it is that each side is arguing. Basically, I'm assuming you're ignorant.

I won't believe anyone telling me that zero-ability builds are a thing out there in warframe.

They exist(ed), it really doesn't matter whether or not you want to admit it does/did.

And the Devs haven't forced any of us to use our abilities, they've just given us a huge prod in that direction.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. I'm going to assume the underlined is sarcasm and that the very last line is you misunderstanding what it is that each side is arguing. Basically, I'm assuming you're ignorant.

They exist(ed), it really doesn't matter whether or not you want to admit it does/did.

And the Devs haven't forced any of us to use our abilities, they've just given us a huge prod in that direction.

You really don't know?

Every faction has a heartwarming story of a situation where either configuration was usefull or not as a polemic argument pro or con.

You know what's wrong with your vision of things?

Each warframe has a concept of a frame, his/her/its(?) stats and four abilities.

The old system punished everyone the more abilities he wanted to use.

The new system is different. We have all abilities and more diversity than ever.

----

So basically you see 10 slots. Every abilitiy you equip gimps your build more. That's your world of warframe and I dare to say it's a sad one.

This has nothing to do with diversity.

The old system punished everyone the more abilities he wanted to use.

The new system is different. We have all abilities and more diversity than ever.

That is completely false. 

As is this. The change to abilities and the reduction in slots has actually reduced the overall number of possible builds. So diversity is actually down.

And your summation of what I see is also false. I don't see the addition of abilities as something that inherently damages my builds. It is the removal of slots that damages my builds. Adding abilities in exchange for the removal of mods I wanted damages my builds. Bringing the slot count from eight to ten would not damage my builds, wouldn't damage other people's builds, and it would only serve to increase the overall number of potential builds.

Is English not your first language? I ask because your post is worded strangely and is rather confusing to read. You're the one who brought up diversity yet now you're saying it has nothing to do with it. English not being your first language would also explain the difficult you seem to be having comprehending what it is that I type.