Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Syndicate Rank 3 Require A Catalyst/reactor?

ZephyrPhantom

Pay2Advance.

I'm disappointed in you, Digital Extremes...

RNG-potato-alerts-that-happen-once-a-week-on-average

Also PlatinumTrading, y'know, for the more impatient among us.

Times in EDT:

Oct 28: 10:50 PM EDT an Orokin Reactor went up.
Oct 21: 9:50 AM EDT an Orokin Reactor went up.
Oct 18: 3:30 PM EDT an Orokin Catalyst went up.
Oct 5:   5:50 PM EDT an Orokin Reactor went up.
Sep 26: 9:20 PM EDT an Orokin Catalyst went up.
Sep 16: 5:30 AM EDT an Orokin Reactor went up.
Sep 13: 9:00 PM EDT an Orokin Catalyst went up.
Sep 4:   5:55 PM EDT an Orokin Catalyst went up.
Aug 24: 4:00 PM EDT an Orokin Reactor went up.
Aug 16: 8:40 PM EDT an Orokin Catalyst went up.

It isn't that hard to nab a potato. 

But that aside, it would probably make more sense to have it as a higher tier.

I think everyone missed the point lol.

OP was saying potatos were harder to get than prime parts and that it shouldn't require a potato at rank 3, but for rank 5 instead.

Hell prime parts are easier to get then formas lol.

Yeah, pretty much everyone did. I agree that it should be rank 5, not 3, that has the potato.

RNG-potato-alerts-that-happen-once-a-week-on-average

Also PlatinumTrading, y'know, for the more impatient among us.

Why should we depend on something so unpredictable twice?  First off, not everyone is on at the same time the alert goes off and RNG could just go on for months without giving any potatoes at all if we're unlucky enough.  As for plat trading, whose to say that the prime parts we have in our stocks is something that someone would actually want (where getting valuable prime parts is low thanks to the bloated drop tables)?  Not to mention that that money is still coming out of someone's pocket.  It's either ours or someone else's pockets that is being used to buy a reactor/catalyst.  This decision DE made is very close and it is a razor thin line between grind and P2W due to the fact that they can't be gotten though normal means of grind.  As Arbiters of Hexis says, "You have stepped from the path. Tread carefully."

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Why should we depend on something so unpredictable twice?  First off, not everyone is on at the same time the alert goes off and RNG could just go on for months without giving any potatoes at all if we're unlucky enough.  As for plat trading, whose to say that the prime parts we have in our stocks is something that someone would actually want (where getting valuable prime parts is low thanks to the bloated drop tables)?  Not to mention that that money is still coming out of someone's pocket.  It's either ours or someone else's pockets that is being used to buy a reactor/catalyst.  This decision DE made is very close and it is a razor thin line between grind and P2W due to the fact that they can't be gotten though normal means of grind.  As Arbiters of Hexis says, "You have stepped from the path. Tread carefully."

Your argument about someone else paying is irrelevant seeing as you also have the chance to get 30 plat in daily login reward.

Guys DE's F2P system is pretty airtight trust me. There is not a single thing in this game cannot be optained from a purely free standpoint

Your argument about someone else paying is irrelevant seeing as you also have the chance to get 30 plat in daily login reward.

Guys DE's F2P system is pretty airtight trust me. There is not a single thing in this game cannot be optained from a purely free standpoint

The thing is, how often has one received that 30 plat as a reward?  The fact we have to go through something that ridiculously based on luck shows how dangerously close to P2W this is.  Why do you think people make forum posts about it with a screenshot showing them receiving the 30 plat reward?  It rarely happens to anyone.  As I said, it's not there yet since there is ways to get it.  BUT it comes so darn close to being a P2W thing.  As I said before:

...it is a razor thin line between grind and P2W due to the fact that they can't be gotten though normal means of grind.  As Arbiters of Hexis says, "You have stepped from the path. Tread carefully."

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

No-one is complaining about their F2P model here.

It is about the Syndicates wanting potatoes. Nothing else.

it is a razor thin line between grind and P2W due to the fact that they can't be gotten though normal means of grind

You know what else can't be gotten through normal means of grind and you have to rely on RNG for?

Pretty much every rare drop from enemy bosses in every game ever.

DE has provided players with a chance to get potatoes for free; that chance is that the RNG alert will pop at a convenient time for players (the time at which it pops is random), and that the reward for the alert is the potato the player wants.

And in a sense, you can obtain them through normal grinding; albeit you have to grind for prime parts and/or rare mods which you then sell to other players for platinum. Sure you could argue that in the end of the day that it still wasn't obtained through 'normal' grind because someone somewhere bought the platinum which was exchanged, however to the end user (being the player who did the grind for the mods which they exchanged for platinum which they used to purchase a potato) the experience was normal grind with a bit of player-affected economy thrown in. The only difference is that the end-user in this case relies on the fact that the playerbase is massive and that there would be players who have spent their money to obtain platinum to use to obtain goods that would otherwise require quite a lot of time or diligence (which they might not be able to commit to Warframe due to other obligations).

There are 2 possible routes to go from here: DE could completely remove Forma and Potatoes from the market and make them RNG alert rewards only, which would solve the excuse of "It's pay to win" that everyone seems to be intent on complaining about... except that no one at all would win in that scenario. The second route is that DE could make potatoes obtainable without any RNG in a manner which allows players to get potatoes guaranteed, but then DE loses in a bad way in that situation (it'd be tantamount to removing them from the store; they would get no revenue from selling potatoes). As it is now, the current system allows everyone to win; DE can make revenue from people purchasing potatoes who either cannot or do not want to commit the time, patience and diligence required to nab the potatoes from RNG alerts, and the people who cannot or do not want to purchase platinum for potatoes can get potatoes from RNG alerts and/or earn platinum for potatoes by trading with players who do purchase platinum.

Even "Veteran players" have just a few Catalyst/Reactor.

Imagine how many Catalyst/Reactor have the new players.

I'm a veteran and i got 6 reactors and 11 catalyst right now.

Because I toss em on Opticor and Limbo.

None on Archwing yet and Archwing weapons yet because I don't have enough mods to even use the extra power.

Even "Veteran players" have just a few Catalyst/Reactor.

Imagine how many Catalyst/Reactor have the new players.

Well, assuming Veterans are at the 600 ish playtime hour mark (otherwise known as me), and I have 6 or so catas, and 4 or so reactors, I would assume they'd have none. Now, assuming we are talking about established players at 100 or so hours (R3), they'd have one or two poking around. 

Then again, even 'veterans' could use all of these potatos immediately, as there is always more to put them in.

I agree on the main point of this post. Orokin catas and reactors should be a R5 sacrifice and not R3.

I am one of the elder players and have a reactor in all the Frames, Kurbows, Archwings in the game and still have 4 left.

Alerts and Trade on top of them giving a Reactor from every other Dev stream so like one a month. I think people keep forgetting that the Syndicates are long term and not meant to be power leveled.

Well, assuming Veterans are at the 600 ish playtime hour mark (otherwise known as me), and I have 6 or so catas, and 4 or so reactors, I would assume they'd have none. Now, assuming we are talking about established players at 100 or so hours (R3), they'd have one or two poking around. 

Then again, even 'veterans' could use all of these potatos immediately, as there is always more to put them in.

I agree on the main point of this post. Orokin catas and reactors should be a R5 sacrifice and not R3.

I dont know if i am a "veteran", but, 2 weeks ago i had 5 Catalyst and 4 Reactors... and BAAAMM U15 released.

New archwings, new warframe, new weapons.

I am poor now... again.

EDIT: i know, is not mandatory use potatoes everytime i see a new stuff... but i love some of the new weapons (Opticor is my nuke weapon) and i want to maximize them.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh