Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields Vs High Lvl Gameplay

Ketec

Shields work fine in lower, med levels - but anything higher and they seem to be weak vs everything.

t4 S lvl 4x heavy gunners wipe mags 1.2k shields  in a moment - u can keep spamming  polarize but even then it just adds an extra moment of having shields.

And gunner isn't even a real anti shield type.

That's called scaling. Broken I might add. CC or complete damage mitigation is the only way to go in endless modes. So yeah, Rhino's Paper skin is useless there for instance. Just stay behind cover at all times and strafe a lot. I know, counter intuitive in Warframe, but hey, walls trump bullets.^^

My solution to the problem was to bring Trinity with Natural Talent and be ready to spam Blessing every second.

Got me and 2 clanmates to a 100 minute Grineer survival run against the full lineup of Heavy Gunners, Bombards, and Napalms.

Shields work fine in lower, med levels - but anything higher and they seem to be weak vs everything.

t4 S lvl 4x heavy gunners wipe mags 1.2k shields  in a moment - u can keep spamming  polarize but even then it just adds an extra moment of having shields.

And gunner isn't even a real anti shield type.

i think our shields need a buff on higher levels.. i mean "you should not get hit"  is no solution here...hell your shields even go down easily from very low mobs...

if you dont find CC frames or a frost its just horrible...also if you play solo at higher levels (( wich is an option )) you cant play the frame you want because you get 1 shot your shields by some stupid supra corpus...so ho ware we supposed to play solo ?

bein g forced to play specific frames is a downer in my books... a game should bring fun... and fun is a thing of opinion aswell.. i myself can only have fun if i play teh frame i love... if i am forced to play something else its just like a mind rape...

Edited by Vyra

i think our shields need a buff on higher levels.. i mean "you should not get hit"  is no solution here...hell your shields even go down easily from very low mobs...

if you dont find CC frames or a frost its just horrible...also if you play solo at higher levels (( wich is an option )) you cant play the frame you want because you get 1 shot your shields by some stupid supra corpus...so ho ware we supposed to play solo ?

bein g forced to play specific frames is a downer in my books... a game should bring fun... and fun is a thing of opinion aswell.. i myself can only have fun if i play teh frame i love... if i am forced to play something else its just like a mind rape...

I don't need specific frames to negate damage unless I am running Nekros where I am better by hiding like a coward and pressing 3 3 times a second.

Taking cover, use soft cover, using weapons to knock down tough mobs, rolling etc 

They are all necessary to be a well rounded player.

Edited by fatpig84

I don't need specific frames to negate damage unless I am running Nekros where I am better by hiding like a coward and pressing 3 3 times a second.

Taking cover, use soft cover, using weapons to knock down tough mobs, rolling etc 

They are all necessary to be a well rounded player.

Maxed vitality, maxed vigor , maxed steelfiber and maxed redirection = you still get 1 shot by lvl 50 mobs on some frames...even as nyx .. chaos dosent hinders them to shoot at me in all cases.. and absorb cant be always used .... sometimes i have to run 10-30 meters and while that i just get 1 shot by some stupid corpus with supra.. i mean WTF?

ah sry 2 posts -.-

Edited by Vyra

Maxed vitality, maxed vigor , maxed steelfiber and maxed redirection = you still get 1 shot by lvl 50 mobs on some frames...even as nyx .. chaos dosent hinders them to shoot at me in al cases.. and absorb cant be always used .... sometimes i have to run 10-30 meters and while that i just get 1 shot by some stupid corpus with supra.. i mean WTF?

ah sry 2 posts -.-

I have done cere defense alerts using Loki, I have yet to be 1 shotted by any Grineer except from the Heavies. 

But most of the time they won't anyway since I use disarm.

And most people know loki is the most paper of paper frames.

Also using max steel fiber depends on frame.

But I dare safely say, my tankier frames with that setup, were never 1 shotted by a level 50.

Especially my Valkyr.

For Nyx, you are better off building QT + Rage since her base energy gives her higher HP but normally you should have absorb :/

Edited by fatpig84

Soldiers wear armor just in case they're shot, but they avoid being shot if possible.

Tenno wear shields just in case they're shot, but they avoid being shot if possible.

Grineer wear armor just in case they're shot, but they're so dumb from chugging motor oil all day that they actively try to get shot whenever possible.

I have done cere defense alerts using Loki, I have yet to be 1 shotted by any Grineer except from the Heavies. 

But most of the time they won't anyway since I use disarm.

And most people know loki is the most paper of paper frames.

Also using max steel fiber depends on frame.

But I dare safely say, my tankier frames with that setup, were never 1 shotted by a level 50.

Especially my Valkyr.

For Nyx, you are better off building QT + Rage since her base energy gives her higher HP but normally you should have absorb :/

rage+quick thinking did not work ...i dont know why people still say it works...i can record a video showing you how it does NOT work at all...(( it only leeches all my 450 Power .. then gives me 30 HP ...and on next hit i am dead anyway.. with energy to save myself..lol

as i said not in ALL cases.. sometimes i HAVE to run to next point.. yes? then i cast intuitively CHAOS.. some enemies still attack me .. i am already runing and supra shot hits me to death before i reached the desired point...

P.S. to the other who mention LOKI .. this is not about loki.. or valkyr... its about general... no all frames have stealth or radial disarm...mirage for example has nothign to defend herself when her energy ran out ... and at HIGH level your powers are not 1 shottign groups of enemies.. AND there is no real cover function wich means once exposed to the enemy you are screwed in SOME situation on some frames...

also.. if i have used my Absorb recently and killed the last 40 mobs who attacked me in excavation i HAVE TO run to the blue orbs.. while i am runnign i got nicely shot by some sniper corpus...

speaking of lvl 45 ++ mobs...

so what i do if i just used all my energy to save my life and then there is more enemies and i cant reach the orbs fast enough to cast chaos? hell we dont even have real dodge -.- even if you roll you get shot by supras..or these silly corrupted drones at level 55 -.-

Rage + QT still works, although it's not as good as it was (pure invincibility which is stupid). And to be honest, if you get 1-hit by level 45 mobs then you are doing something wrong.

having all the health and shield and armor mods on my frame i cant do something wrong... numbers are numbers...

also putting rage and quick thinking on my frame is limiting me even more...thats 2 slots...

Redirection

Vitality

Steelfiber or /Vigor / or Flow for maximum absorb...

streamline

stretch

narrow mind

overextend

continuity

its 8 slots i have... and removing only 1 of the mods i mentioned above will ruin it...especialyl when you think that you die anyway with R+Q -.-

Why shield seems to be the scapegoat of many problem? Poison and Bleed? blame the shield, you got one shoted? blame the shield. Shield is just one part of your defensive system, and no matter how you buff it, you can't make it invincible so threat and death potential will always be there anyway.

Being out leveled is natural occurrence in many games. You out leveled enemies, they will be easy. They out level you, they will be harder. Enemies will be hard if you're a lv 1 against lv 10. It won't be different with lv 30 vs 60,70,80 and so on. If being stuck at level 30 make you able to go easy on enemies which level up endlessly, then the whole level system has no point at all.

Why shield seems to be the scapegoat of many problem? Poison and Bleed? blame the shield, you got one shoted? blame the shield. Shield is just one part of your defensive system, and no matter how you buff it, you can't make it invincible so threat and death potential will always be there anyway.

Being out leveled is natural occurrence in many games. You out leveled enemies, they will be easy. They out level you, they will be harder. Enemies will be hard if you're a lv 1 against lv 10. It won't be different with lv 30 vs 60,70,80 and so on. If being stuck at level 30 make you able to go easy on enemies which level up endlessly, then the whole level system has no point at all.

with the exception that we can maximize our stuff btu we canno level up more..lol

even if you max out everything on your frame you stil have a 1500? hp shield and armor..tell that some lvl 60-80 mobs..lol

this is not a casul shooter for dumb kids who want to be gangsta

go to cover, press crouch

no, crouch does not always solve the problem... either you shoot at the piece of enviroment you use to cover or you need to leave cover and get shot...

and again i said "the enemies" wich means IN WARFRAME the enemies are using COVER like in GTA4 or splinter cell while we cant...

Edited by Vyra

with the exception that we can maximize our stuff btu we canno level up more..lol

even if you max out everything on your frame you stil have a 1500? hp shield and armor..tell that some lvl 60-80 mobs..lol

And what do you expect exactly? able to keep endlessly powering up and infinitely increase the stats?