Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

Have to admit im not thrilled to see all that body detail printed instead of embossed or sculpted, but should look cool anyway. Do you print on zentai suits or something?

The boa looks good already.

It's essentially like a printed zentai suit, yup.

Unfortunately I'm super poor, jobless, and living in a tiny apartment. So I don't have a shop or anything to do any super fancy.

I figure, for a budget costume, that printing would be the cheapest while still maintaining a decent look. ; u;

The materials for body casting, clays, the moulding process, and other materials would be too great. D:

So far it's been $61.50 for the suit fabric

Abouuuuut $40 for the foam

On the bright side, the flat look won't be permanent. Layering up craft foam underneath tight suits shows through and will get rid of some of the flat-looking details that shoul be raised. C:

It's essentially like a printed zentai suit, yup.

Unfortunately I'm super poor, jobless, and living in a tiny apartment. So I don't have a shop or anything to do any super fancy.

I figure, for a budget costume, that printing would be the cheapest while still maintaining a decent look. ; u;

The materials for body casting, clays, the moulding process, and other materials would be too great. D:

So far it's been $61.50 for the suit fabric

Abouuuuut $40 for the foam

On the bright side, the flat look won't be permanent. Layering up craft foam underneath tight suits shows through and will get rid of some of the flat-looking details that shoul be raised. C:

Totally understand, I'm in the same boat lol. I think just a gallon of resin is like a hundred bucks, or something crazy like that

Good idea about foam under the suit!

I love it to death, but I'm well known around here as a Saryn fan.

My only question is how do you intend to handle her signature lady action? Saryn is the bombshell pin-up of the tenno and her warframe looks like an HR Giger painting in latex at a fetish club. (Which is why we love her)

As someone who used to work for an Emmy award winning costume designer that did a lot of work in burlesque and theater, I'm interested to see how you sneak the fetish under the fabric. Have you thought about sewing a corset or a pushup bra into the lining of the suit to lift, separate, and bolster her venom sacs? I think getting all the vamp into the costume while still being able to sit down, stand up, and breathe is going to be half the battle. Coco Chanel said that beauty should be comfortable.

and as far as helmets go, I'd say throw caution to the wind, honey. Straighten your hair, dye it black, and put on some long fake lashes and black lipstick and show us a gothic fetish queen Saryn without her mask on. If you can pull off Saryn, then pull her off all the way and do the whole tease. There's nothing sexier than a girl who knows how to sew and sews herself into something that flatters her.

And get a scoliac too!

and as far as helmets go, I'd say throw caution to the wind, honey. Straighten your hair, dye it black, and put on some long fake lashes and black lipstick and show us a gothic fetish queen Saryn without her mask on.

Nah. It aint Saryn unless she has a caterpillar face lol

-snip-

Wow! This is amazing!

Although as a word of advice, in my experience, Plastidip doesn't turn out very well on foam. It's very delicate and tears off incredibly easily. If you plan on doing any masking for painting you'll find that even the lightest tape you can think of will just shred the coating. I had this happen on my Dual Skana, and it sort of ruined them. I would recommend a product called "Foam Coat". It basically gives foam a rock solid coating. It's a little on the pricy side, and it's not terribly easy to get, but you'll get enough to do an entire cosplay or two.

http://www.rosco.com/scenic/foamcoat.cfm

*followed*

I had similar plans already but didn't even get past the planning stage because I was a little too ambitious and couldn't come up with ideas how to make her look as awesome as I want but still be cheap enough to pay with a student's budget. And because I wanted to sew a custom corset without any experience.

To get a little more specific on what Doozy84 said (and speaking from experience): Make sure there's nothing big in your butt area (in Saryn's case the belt/skirt) that can't move out of the way when you want to sit down. Nothing sucks more than being tired and having to sit really awkwardly on the edge of a chair. And a well-fit corset should hug you like your lover, but never hurt.

Edited by Bibliothekar